Too many Chocolate Chips in cookie mix?

sailor

Awards
I ordered a pound of the cookie mix and baked up most of it the other night. Tastes awesome but I think there may be too many chocolate chips in my batch to have the macro breakdown claimed (10g pro, 5g cho, 1g fat right?). It seemed like well over 50% of the cookie was comprised of chocolate chips. Much more of the cookie was comprised of chips than the pic shown on the site. Has anyone else experieced this? I know I could simply remove some chips, but I guess I just want to know if this is normal. Crowler, I imagine you measure the various ingredients out right? I know a bit of a rediculous thing to complain about, just curious.
Thanks,
Sailor

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
What er ya nuts????? If yer going to eat a chocolate chip cookie there had better be chips in it eh?? BTW they are sugar free chips so don't worry AI's not trying to sabatoge your diet.:D

thedon3534

Awards
mine is the same way but if im not mistaken it is supposed to be that way? maybe someone could clarify... they taste wonderful though.. and I have no idea how they cook in the microwave like that thats crazy! In 45 seconds I have a healthy delicious cookie!! YUMMY!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Microwave?? I couldn't get them to turn out right in the microwave, what do you do?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Microwave?? I couldn't get them to turn out right in the microwave, what do you do?
I do equal parts cookie mix and skim milk, and cook for about 30 seconds. I find any longer dries the flax out.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate chips... :jaw: I have about half a bag of them sitting in the refrigerator... It's my kryptonite. lol All of this talk of chocolate chips has my cheat juices flowing. But, I must relent. I'm on a fairly wild cut right now, goin' down to 4%. I'm still at like 8.3% after a bulk, and have about 11 weeks left on my 12 week cut. But, darn those sound good! lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The macros are for the cookie mix the way it is.

I have heard that you might find the number for a chocolate chip picker in the yellow pages who could take out some of them for you :)

I do understand what you mean though. I always say my wife's chest is too big, my steak is too thick and the bank always gives me to much money in my account.
lol

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established

I have heard that you might find the number for a chocolate chip picker in the yellow pages who could take out some of them for you :)

I do understand what you mean though. I always say my wife's chest is too big, my steak is too thick and the bank always gives me to much money in my account.
lol
:toofunny: When are these bad boys going to hit the big market (nutraplanet)??

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I ordered a pound of the cookie mix and baked up most of it the other night. Tastes awesome but I think there may be too many chocolate chips in my batch to have the macro breakdown claimed (10g pro, 5g cho, 1g fat right?). It seemed like well over 50% of the cookie was comprised of chocolate chips. Much more of the cookie was comprised of chips than the pic shown on the site. Has anyone else experieced this? I know I could simply remove some chips, but I guess I just want to know if this is normal. Crowler, I imagine you measure the various ingredients out right? I know a bit of a rediculous thing to complain about, just curious.
Thanks,
Sailor
I kind of thought the same things, its easy enough to change though if you want to. just mix one part flax seed mill and protien powder with a little baking powder and add it to the mix. don't use much though. A little goes a long way.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I kind of thought the same things, its easy enough to change though if you want to. just mix one part flax seed mill and protien powder with a little baking powder and add it to the mix. don't use much though. A little goes a long way.
I normally add Oats which helps keep it from being such a chocolatey mess.

NXLmag

Board Sponsor
Awards

lol

Picture Please...of the money ofcourse

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

sailor

Awards
Sorry crowler, please don't take offense, I love your cookies, I was simply amazed there could be that much choc. and have that macro profile. Great stuff, love your isolate as well.
sailor

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Hey Sailor (hmmmm that sounds funny lol)

No offense taken AT ALL. Actually the more suggetions, criticisms etc the better company we can become. I will say we can not change everything because of suggestions but if you had that thought I am SURE there are others who have also.

Now the question becomes what to do about it. We will think on it and THANK YOU! for taking the time to start this thread.

CROWLER

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Damm now I have to make me a big old cookie because of reading this! :food:

sailor

Awards
Yeah, I dont know what I was thinking when i picked my name...

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HOW DARE YOU say there are too many chocolate chips!!!!!!!!!! Well I NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toofunny: :food:

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
I may have to partake in some of these cookies... Heh, cookies and chocolate chips are my vices when I get goin' on a cheat.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks,
Sailor

I have an idea, How bout I drive over to your house and rip those cookies right outta your hands! Im not sure your worthy!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

sumguy

Awards
I wondered about this question, too since I recieved a sample. The Hershey's Sugar Free chocolate products have 4 grams of fat per 15 gram serving. The cookie is about 28 grams per serving. To have one gram of fat the cookie must have 500mg from flax and 500mg from chocolate. That's 1/8 serving of chocolate, or 2 grams.

So for that to work out, there must be 2 grams of chocolate per 28 grams cookie, or 7% chocolate chips. It sure seems to be more than 7% chocolate chips.

I love the product, not trying to badmouth it one bit. But I would just like the math cleared up before I throw down the cash, please? :blink:

I sure hope my math is wrong somehow.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I wondered about this question, too since I recieved a sample. The Hershey's Sugar Free chocolate products have 4 grams of fat per 15 gram serving. The cookie is about 28 grams per serving. To have one gram of fat the cookie must have 500mg from flax and 500mg from chocolate. That's 1/8 serving of chocolate, or 2 grams.

So for that to work out, there must be 2 grams of chocolate per 28 grams cookie, or 7% chocolate chips. It sure seems to be more than 7% chocolate chips.

I love the product, not trying to badmouth it one bit. But I would just like the math cleared up before I throw down the cash, please? :blink:

I sure hope my math is wrong somehow.

Sumguy thank you for the question.

The chips used in the cookie mix are a manufacturers chip they are not the same as the ones in the store.

The same way the sucralose in the store is not the same as what is available to manufacturers. eg. one gram of the sucralose used in products would equal approx 1 bag of splenda/Altern. That is if a remember correctly or to put it another way one pound of manufacturers sucralose costs almost $400 :)

Come to think of the price of these chips I am probably losing my azz selling them for $5. Accounting was never one of my stron suits lol

CROWLER

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
"I just wanted to say that these cookies of yours taste a little 'too' good. I expect that fixed immediately! Nothing that is healthy can taste this good!"

GuardDog

GuardDog

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

lol
:icon_lol: