Cycle Support Ingredients

P

precious_roy

Awards
Hey Guys,

I am confused about the contents of cycle support. On the web page it says that one serving contains 1200mg RYR, but it looks like on the label there is no RYR. Also, having just ordered some, on the sheet that came with it RYR is not listed as an ingredient. What gives?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
We recently changed the formula to include Red Yeast Rice at 1200mg and we dropped the beta sitosterol, as we felt the RYR would be MUCH MUCH more potent at repairing lipid values.

The labels that go on the product have the updated info but the labels online probably still show the older ingredients :).

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yep that is it.

The labels on the containers show the RYR and now the website has been updated too.

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
No actually thanks to YOU>

I should have said that in my first post.

We take all the help we can get so thank you Roy.

Next time thought could you please just go ahead and fix the website yourself :) lol

CROWLER

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
No actually thanks to YOU>

I should have said that in my first post.

We take all the help we can get so thank you Roy.

Next time thought could you please just go ahead and fix the website yourself :) lol

CROWLER
Haha yes, please do Roy because if not he will probably try to pawn it off on me to do!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
oh Alice why I oughta . . .

CROWLER

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
oh Alice why I oughta . . .

CROWLER
"One of these days Lake, One of these days...BANG, ZOOM, straight to the moon!" :nutkick: :rofl: Thanks Crowler, now I'm gonna have the Honeymooners stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :rasp: :D

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We recently changed the formula to include Red Yeast Rice at 1200mg and we dropped the beta sitosterol, as we felt the RYR would be MUCH MUCH more potent at repairing lipid values.

The labels that go on the product have the updated info but the labels online probably still show the older ingredients :).
You knew it was coming as soon as you added RYR...Does this mean that I should supplement with CoQ10 now or was this also taken care of in the updated CS? I know that CS includes Idebenone, an analog of CoQ10, but RYR will deplete the body of CoQ10. Typically when using RYR the doseage of CoQ10 one would take is raised to counteract this.

B

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i was looking at the website and could not find see how many servings are in cycle support, does anyone know?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
60 servings with 2 servings per day being the rec. dose. so 30 days supply.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
stay tuned for followup bloodwork on cycle support, ETA 7-8 weeks...........

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
only been a few days, but i will say this much. my skin is clearing up, didn't expect that. anyone else get that?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You knew it was coming as soon as you added RYR...Does this mean that I should supplement with CoQ10 now or was this also taken care of in the updated CS? I know that CS includes Idebenone, an analog of CoQ10, but RYR will deplete the body of CoQ10. Typically when using RYR the doseage of CoQ10 one would take is raised to counteract this.
Little help with this^^^

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Got LakeMountD on the case buddy.

He will get back to you soon.

Thank you

CROWLER

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got LakeMountD on the case buddy.

He will get back to you soon.

Thank you

CROWLER
:head: Rock on. I'm not trying to be a pest by double posting, I just wanted to make sure the post didn't get overlooked.
Thanks Crowler/LMD

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
only been a few days, but i will say this much. my skin is clearing up, didn't expect that. anyone else get that?
You can thank the 5AR inhibitors for that one I believe. I notice the same thing right now. The test/tren would usually cause some acne but I haven't seen any yet and I have been taking it since day 1.

If idebenone is an analogue of CoQ10 then what is your question? I don't know if I am missing it but I am REALLY tired so that could be one reason. haha

This will give you an idea of the difference though.

Idebenone is an organic compound of the quinone family and promoted commercially as a synthetic analog of Coenzyme Q10.

Idebenone is claimed to have properties similar to CoQ10 in its antioxidant properties. CoQ10 is one of life's most essential biochemicals, hence its title "ubiquinone" (ubi=ubiquitous).

Idebenone is different from Coenzyme Q 10 in one very important way. During a hypoxic (low oxygen) condition, CoQ10 can switch function from an anti-oxidizing to an auto-oxidizing process. This auto-oxidation rapidly produces free radicals which damage the tissues of the body.

Idebenone is said to perform the same functions as CoQ10 without the risk of an auto-oxidation reaction.

Idebenone is said to promote NGF (nerve growth factor) in the brain. It appears to reduce tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Idebenone has also been used in topical applications to treat wrinkles

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, lets say the normal dose of CoQ10 is 30mg per day. When taking RYR you are supposed to up your dose of CoQ10 to say 60-100mg per day b/c RYR will actually deplete your body (I believe it's the heart) of some of its CoQ10. If Idebenone is the same as CoQ10 and is of equivalent strength mg per mg then I see no problems. If Idebenone cannot renourish (for a better lack of terms) the CoQ10 to the body then CoQ10 will need to be taken as well. It's for this very reason that you will often see these two supplements sold together in one pill.

I'm by no means trying to bust your balls. I love your guys' stuff, I just want to make sure that I'm getting the most from it that I can. Get some sleep and get back to me later...I have plenty of time b/c I some of the earlier stuff b4 the RYR was added! LOL.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Although I dont believe a conversion is available that will show the strength of idebenone compared to CoQ10, since there isnt a lot of info on it, however, I do not that idebenone is a more potent compound and therefore should require less, even though how much less is something that I do not know and could not find. Even if something is twice as potent, that doesnt mean that half of the other compound will work just as well, it is more complicated than that.

The nice thing about idebenone is unlike CoQ10, NAC, and vitamin c it does not undergo oxidation-reduction and therefore cannot become a pro-oxidant like the others.

Well, lets say the normal dose of CoQ10 is 30mg per day. When taking RYR you are supposed to up your dose of CoQ10 to say 60-100mg per day b/c RYR will actually deplete your body (I believe it's the heart) of some of its CoQ10. If Idebenone is the same as CoQ10 and is of equivalent strength mg per mg then I see no problems. If Idebenone cannot renourish (for a better lack of terms) the CoQ10 to the body then CoQ10 will need to be taken as well. It's for this very reason that you will often see these two supplements sold together in one pill.

I'm by no means trying to bust your balls. I love your guys' stuff, I just want to make sure that I'm getting the most from it that I can. Get some sleep and get back to me later...I have plenty of time b/c I some of the earlier stuff b4 the RYR was added! LOL.

P

precious_roy

Awards
Yeah, I got that too. Actually the change was pretty extreme for me. I usually have pretty bad shoulder acne but it really is dissipating. Man, I love it!

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure I read somewhere on this board that when supplementing with RYR at 1200mg/d, you should also be taking 300mg/d of CoQ10. This sounds a tad excessive to me but better safe than sorry I guess. Can anyone chime in on this or corroborate my memory?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure I read somewhere on this board that when supplementing with RYR at 1200mg/d, you should also be taking 300mg/d of CoQ10. This sounds a tad excessive to me but better safe than sorry I guess. Can anyone chime in on this or corroborate my memory?
Haha for the 150th time, idebenone is a more potent analogue of CoQ-10 :icon_lol:

And beelzebub I am glad to hear about the acne clearing up. More than likely it is due to the 5-AR activity of the nettle root/saw palmetto combination. My skin is perfectly fine right now and I am on higher dosages of test/tren. DHT is the cause of a lot of nasty side effects.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Lake. I have seen your posts re: Idebenone and am actually on RYR and AI Cycle Support right now. CS rocks btw. I got the beta version so I had to add my own RYR but that's ok. Next time, no pills! My question was meant if the individual was not using Cycle Support but plain 'ol CoQ10 instead...I should have been clearer.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Lake. I have seen your posts re: Idebenone and am actually on RYR and AI Cycle Support right now. CS rocks btw. I got the beta version so I had to add my own RYR but that's ok. Next time, no pills! My question was meant if the individual was not using Cycle Support but plain 'ol CoQ10 instead...I should have been clearer.
Thanks, I am definitely glad you like it! If you get blood work at any point let us know how it goes, or even if your BP lowers or something significant.

And to answer your question, yes, you should take CoQ10 or an analogue of it since levels get depleted.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Although I dont believe a conversion is available that will show the strength of idebenone compared to CoQ10, since there isnt a lot of info on it, however, I do not that idebenone is a more potent compound and therefore should require less, even though how much less is something that I do not know and could not find. Even if something is twice as potent, that doesnt mean that half of the other compound will work just as well, it is more complicated than that.

The nice thing about idebenone is unlike CoQ10, NAC, and vitamin c it does not undergo oxidation-reduction and therefore cannot become a pro-oxidant like the others.
LMD...Just to be clear, if one was using Cycle Support at the current formula, one would not have to supplement with an additional amount of CoQ10 correct to offset the effects of the RYR correct?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
LMD...Just to be clear, if one was using Cycle Support at the current formula, one would not have to supplement with an additional amount of CoQ10 correct to offset the effects of the RYR correct?
Nope, this has been stated MANY times over.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded mean, I didn't intend it to be, I am REALLY not feeling well at all. :yawn: :blink:

N

novamanms

Awards
I'm thinking that pygeum, cissus, vitex, curcurmin, or some other potential things would be interesting add-ins.

Maybe a Cycle Support for the Cycle Support? :dance:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking that pygeum, cissus, vitex, curcurmin, or some other potential things would be interesting add-ins.

Maybe a Cycle Support for the Cycle Support? :dance:
There are definitely a lot of things would love to add in, but unfortunately we are bound by the price of all the ingredients! We want to keep the price low because health is important and we felt that something that gave you all of what you needed in effective dosages should be affordable.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Nope, this has been stated MANY times over.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded mean, I didn't intend it to be, I am REALLY not feeling well at all. :yawn: :blink:
No biggie, just wanted to be clear on it. Thanks for the straightforward answer. (and I'm not trying to sound mean either...lol):fart:

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm taking the peanut butter now and it taste pretty good. I know that red yeast rice is suppose to be hepatoxic and wonder why it would be put in something that is used in cunjuction with 17a steroids that already stress the liver. I'm assuming that the toxicity for ryr is low but wanted to see if I could get some sort of answer because I would like to take it year round.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking the peanut butter now and it taste pretty good. I know that red yeast rice is suppose to be hepatoxic and wonder why it would be put in something that is used in cunjuction with 17a steroids that already stress the liver. I'm assuming that the toxicity for ryr is low but wanted to see if I could get some sort of answer because I would like to take it year round.
I believe it's because the benefits in respect of effect on cholesterol values far outweighs any hepatoxicity issues with RYR.

You bring up an interesting point though. Even though I much prefer taking Cycle Support to popping close to 20 caps a day, I only use the product while on cycle because as I understand it, it is not desireable to be on RYR (or any statin for that matter) for any great length of time. I wish they made two versions (hint to Crowler), one with and one without the RYR; I would take the version with RYR while ON and the version without the rest of the year.

In any case, cycle support is a great product!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I believe it's because the benefits in respect of effect on cholesterol values far outweighs any hepatoxicity issues with RYR.

You bring up an interesting point though. Even though I much prefer taking Cycle Support to popping close to 20 caps a day, I only use the product while on cycle because as I understand it, it is not desireable to be on RYR (or any statin for that matter) for any great length of time. I wish they made two versions (hint to Crowler), one with and one without the RYR; I would take the version with RYR while ON and the version without the rest of the year.

In any case, cycle support is a great product!
I can guarantee you that at the dosage we currently have the RYR set at you will not have to worry about problems. I have talked with a few physicians about this and the pro's FAR outweigh the cons. This isn't as strong of a statin as say Lipitor or any of those and plus we are only using 1200mg's as opposed to the 2400mg recommended for people with really bad cholesterol.

It is your choice but I can assure you it is doing much more good at that dosage than you have to worry about.