dumb question about my igf lr3

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i recieved my bottle of igf today (thanks for the quick delivery time) and i just have to ask, if the solution is 1 mg per ml then that amounts to 1000 mcgs per ml? correct?

if the above is correct then 4 ticks on the insulin syringe should be 40 mcgs...so little does so much

my rat is going to love this stuff

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
yup...

yup.. you can dilute it further with more 100mM Acetic Acid for easier dosing if you want, but you have the idea.

Your rat will.. yes.

vicmack777

Awards
isnt 1 tick 20mcg? There are only 50 ticks on an insulin syringe.

Is your syringe 1ml or.5ml?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Vicmack777, you can use 3/10 slin pins (1/30th of a ml, 30 ticks) 1/2 cc (50ticks, self explanatory), or 100iu (1ml, 100ticks)

1ml of Acetic Acid + 1mg of Lr3IGF-1 =1000mcg/ml

------> 100iu(ticks)=1ml=10mcg/tick

the iu mark on a slin pin is just 1/100th of 1 ml/cc.. on ANY volume slin pin. there are 30 on 3/10 barrels, there are 50 on 1/2cc barrels and there are 100 on 100iu barrels.

I myself dilute it with 2ml AA and therefore have a concentration of 500mcg/ml which equals 5mcg/tick .. this is easier in my opinion.

vicmack777

Awards
Vicmack777, you can use 3/10 slin pins (1/30th of a ml, 30 ticks) 1/2 cc (50ticks, self explanatory), or 100iu (1ml, 100ticks)

1ml of Acetic Acid + 1mg of Lr3IGF-1 =1000mcg/ml

------> 100iu(ticks)=1ml=10mcg/tick

the iu mark on a slin pin is just 1/100th of 1 ml/cc.. on ANY volume slin pin. there are 30 on 3/10 barrels, there are 50 on 1/2cc barrels and there are 100 on 100iu barrels.

I myself dilute it with 2ml AA and therefore have a concentration of 500mcg/ml which equals 5mcg/tick .. this is easier in my opinion.
I have 1ml slin pins with 50 ticks on it. I guess thats the difference. I have never seen them with 100 ticks on them. I guess thats our mixup.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what makes this stuff even better is that its good up to two years at room temp (check out bobo's igf sticky).

my rat would need to draw at least another .25 cc in order to feel like he was injecting anything at all. he laughs in the face of 2/100 of a cc. now if my rats source would stop messing around and come up with the test E and tbol hed be set.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I have 1ml slin pins with 50 ticks on it. I guess thats the difference. I have never seen them with 100 ticks on them. I guess thats our mixup.
Yeah it doesn't matter how big the syringe is, the IU ticks are the same on all of them.

manfreakca

Awards
i have a 100iu slin pin and every line is 20mcgs!! so four clicks would be 80mcgs

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Glad you got it all sorted out, thanks to everyone for their help.l

A couple people have asked me if I had any of the IGF still available.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

CROWLER

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i have a 100iu slin pin and every line is 20mcgs!! so four clicks would be 80mcgs
This is impossible. Actually the only way it could be possible is if you put .5 mL instead of 1mL of solution in with the IGF-1. If this is the case then you are severely limiting how much IGF-1 you can get because according to Gropep who holds the patent on LR3 IGF-1, going under 1mL of solution forces a lot of the LR3 to attach to the side of the glass and not to be forced into solution.

An for heavens sake AN IU IS AN IU IS AN IU. An IU isn't different on two different syringes!!!! Is a teaspoon different on every teaspoon measurer you buy?!?! The size of the syringe is a moot point. I have 30IU (.3mL) syrgines, some people buy 100IU (1mL) syringes, doesn't matter although 30IU syringes are more practical given the dosages we are injecting.

vicmack777

Awards
This is impossible. Actually the only way it could be possible is if you put .5 mL instead of 1mL of solution in with the IGF-1. If this is the case then you are severely limiting how much IGF-1 you can get because according to Gropep who holds the patent on LR3 IGF-1, going under 1mL of solution forces a lot of the LR3 to attach to the side of the glass and not to be forced into solution.

An for heavens sake AN IU IS AN IU IS AN IU. An IU isn't different on two different syringes!!!! Is a teaspoon different on every teaspoon measurer you buy?!?! The size of the syringe is a moot point. I have 30IU (.3mL) syrgines, some people buy 100IU (1mL) syringes, doesn't matter although 30IU syringes are more practical given the dosages we are injecting.
Im lost here. Did you quote the right person?

vicmack777

Awards
Yes I did, because what he said didn't make sense. I explained it in what I posted.
What he said def. did make sense. Each one of the 50 ticks I have on my 1ml syringe is 20 mcg. He obviously has the same syringe.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
it's been a while since I held a 100iu syringe, but I seem to remember maybe the gradiations representing 2iu.. therefore 50 ticks =100 iu

so we are all right in terms of dosing, just confused with the gradiations on the larger barrel... (which sucks to use by the way for this VERY reason). :)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
What he said def. did make sense. Each one of the 50 ticks I have on my 1ml syringe is 20 mcg. He obviously has the same syringe.
That is why you don't go by "ticks" you go by IU's becuase if you go by "ticks" then every one could be different. 1 IU is 10mcg with 1000mcg in 1mL of solution.

vicmack777

Awards
That is why you don't go by "ticks" you go by IU's becuase if you go by "ticks" then every one could be different. 1 IU is 10mcg with 1000mcg in 1mL of solution.
I have yet to see a 1ml insulin syringe with anything but 50 ticks. What brand do you have that has something different?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I have yet to see a 1ml insulin syringe with anything but 50 ticks. What brand do you have that has something different?
You should go with a .3mL syringe so it isn;t like that or else it makes for VERY hard measuring. Plus the smaller the syringe, the more accurate the measurements. Just my .02.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
BD has a 100 tick
and also terumo
Yup, twas what I thought. I know I wasn't going crazy.. Like LakeD and I have said, 3/10 syringes are your best bet for accurate dosing with such small increments.. the space between gradiations or 'ticks', as we affectionately call them here, is greater.... thus lessening the chance of misdosing... Plain and simply, you can READ them easier.

unsubscribed. ;)