What flavor protein powder do you want?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
OK I know we already carry 10 different flavors but here is the deal. The flavor company I buy from has a minimum order of 100lbs of EACH flavor, at a price of over $1000 and that is for EACH and EVERY flavor you want to purchase. :blink:

Well I have already done this with the flavors I currently have so obviously I hope these flavors do well lol

BUT they have said they will do a one time deal that I can buy in smaller quantities of any other flavor to test them out.

So let's have the suggestions but PLEASE only suggest flavors you would like to test and then possibly buy and use.

Thanks. I need to know within the next 3 to 4 days so let's get on this.

It then still takes time for me to order, for them to formulate, for shipping to me, formulation by my guys then of course there is testing production etc so it is not as if we decide hey yea flavor xyz would be good and it is available the next week just so everyone understands.

Thanks

CROWLER

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
I think a Chai Latte or something similar would be pretty damn good. Also like Pumpkin Pie, Gingerbread, Cinnamon) Sugar, Root Beer (If it could tast like those root beer hard candies, Pistachio Ice Cream flavor (sounds weird but might be damn good), and Coffee Ice Cream flavor.

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
Graham Cracker would be damn good if it could taste like micellean!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Great suggestions.

Looking for more ideas.

CROWLER

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
How about some flavors that mimic candy bars, like snickers or milky way, or something like that. Just a suggestion. :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh damn, that's a good idea. snickers flavored protein. whod've thunk it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
How about some flavors that mimic candy bars, like snickers or milky way, or something like that. Just a suggestion. :)

hmmmmmmmmmm what do you think the Peanut butter chocolate is Mr Reeses ;)

Ha just kidding. I will see what can be done. Don't know if it is possible or not.

CROWLER

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
What about a chocolate/graham cracker or even a Smores flavor would be great. :twisted:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I like the chai latte and pumpkin pie suggestions. These would work as a concentrate cause thicker is bette rhere.

And as a WPI, go Red Apple. A good red apple is so aweseom. Everyone does green apple.... get red apple.

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
I like the chai latte and pumpkin pie suggestions. These would work as a concentrate cause thicker is bette rhere.

And as a WPI, go Red Apple. A good red apple is so aweseom. Everyone does green apple.... get red apple.
Yea when I suggested the Chai Latte and the pumpkin pie I was leaning more towards the concentrate. I think both would be unappealing if they weren't thick. I like the idea of a red apple. I have not been too pleased with any apple flavor as of yet.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
GREAT IDEAS!

I understand those would taste better thicker. But I don't like the idea of playing around with the thickness of a protein powder unless the buyers understand there is NO way to thicken a protein powder without lowering the amount of protein per gram of powder.

Eg you can have say 28 grams of powder and you get 22 actual grams of protein. You start adding thickeners, lecithin etc that 22 grams has to drop for each gram of thickener etc you add.

CROWLER

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
Eg you can have say 28 grams of powder and you get 22 actual grams of protein. You start adding thickeners, lecithin etc that 22 grams has to drop for each gram of thickener etc you add.

CROWLER
Understandable. How many grams of thickener do you think would do the trick. Because if it is only lowered by 2-3 grams it might be worth it and just have like a serving and a little extra to get the 22 grams of protein.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Well I do things a little different. To me I try and KEEP as much protein in a serving as I can. That is why I don't have my protein powder artificially colored. I will ask the forumlator if he knows off hand, if not I am not going to go through all the testing as it costs alot of money and may not turn out to be a big seller. Then you always have people who will say it is too thick etc.

BUT, John about your suggestion of having different flavors in say 2lb containers how about this idea, it would only be on 10lb Isolate or larger, IF I am able to do it.

I supply you with flavor and sweetner and you can formulate the Plain Jane Isolate protein EXACTLY to your personal taste.

So say you order 10lbs of Plain Jane Isolate then you write in the comments section what flavors you want. Eg 2 Strawberry, 2 Chocolate, 2 Peanut, 2 Raspberry, 2 Bananna, just so they add up to the same number of pounds of protein you ordered the flavoring and sweetner would be free. You would then receive all those flavors seperately and sweatner seperately. Then you could make the flavor as strong and as sweet as you like.

You could also make Strawberry/banana or Choclate/Raspberry or Banana/Chocolate etc.

I have to think more about how much would be involved with this and how much time it would consume, as I say I would reserve it only to Isolate as this will actually cost more to divide up the sweatner and flavoring into such small amounts

Let me know what everyone thinks.

CROWLER

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
how bout those starbuck flavored drinks they sell at grocery stores. flavors like vanilla or caramel frappuccino would be awesome. actually, i would love to see any type of coffee/capuccino flavor.

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the considerations CROWLER, but that does sound like it would be a hell of a hassel. Just keep doing what you are doing, I am still very happy :afro:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Well I do things a little different. To me I try and KEEP as much protein in a serving as I can. That is why I don't have my protein powder artificially colored. I will ask the forumlator if he knows off hand, if not I am not going to go through all the testing as it costs alot of money and may not turn out to be a big seller. Then you always have people who will say it is too thick etc.

BUT, John about your suggestion of having different flavors in say 2lb containers how about this idea, it would only be on 10lb Isolate or larger, IF I am able to do it.

I supply you with flavor and sweetner and you can formulate the Plain Jane Isolate protein EXACTLY to your personal taste.

So say you order 10lbs of Plain Jane Isolate then you write in the comments section what flavors you want. Eg 2 Strawberry, 2 Chocolate, 2 Peanut, 2 Raspberry, 2 Bananna, just so they add up to the same number of pounds of protein you ordered the flavoring and sweetner would be free. You would then receive all those flavors seperately and sweatner seperately. Then you could make the flavor as strong and as sweet as you like.

You could also make Strawberry/banana or Choclate/Raspberry or Banana/Chocolate etc.

I have to think more about how much would be involved with this and how much time it would consume, as I say I would reserve it only to Isolate as this will actually cost more to divide up the sweatner and flavoring into such small amounts

Let me know what everyone thinks.

CROWLER
Very kick ass idea. I would be down for many pounds of protein if you did that. With the ability to get 5 diff. flavors w/ the sweetners, we can custom make our own flavors to our liking like you said. The chocolate banana sounds yummy!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Hey John,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you mean a pain for the consumer or for Anabolic Innovations?

Thanks

CROWLER

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
Hey John,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you mean a pain for the consumer or for Anabolic Innovations?

Thanks

CROWLER
Mrore for you then for the consumer. Sounds like the consumer has the easy part. I just know how much you must have on your plate right now.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thanks buddy, you are the best.

But I think this could REALLY rock. Yea I am putting in the hours like you say BUT I want to(have to) give people what they want. I am going to do whatever I can to pull this off.

Any interest from people would this be GREAT or just hmmmm yea it is ok.

This question is to everyone: Would this motivate you to actually make an order?

BUT I just had an idea. Please give me your input. What IF Anabolic Innovations could do this to make your protein to your tastes, the exact way you want it.

How about if we sell plain protein powder with FREE flavor system. This way you can flavor your protein powder to whatever strength you desire.

Each flavor system would flavor 2lbs of protein powder. IF we are able to do this that it means you will also be able to order 10lbs of Protein powder and receive 5 DIFFERENT flavor systems.

So if the sample you received is too strong or too weak you can customize it how you like by ordering the plain protein powder and 1 flavor system for every 2 pounds.

Eg order 10 lbs of isolate and in the comments area type: 2 Strawberry Flavor systems and 2 Peanut Flavor systems, 2 Banana and 2 Chocolate. You can then make your own flavors such as Strawberry Banana, Chocolate/Raspberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter etc You can also use the Plain unflavored protein for baking, mixing into granola or anything you want.

What are your thoughts?

CROWLER

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like the idea. Where is the cookies and cream?
How does this flavor system work exactly? What is it that we add in?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Tell me when it is done and I will put in an order.:hammer:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea. Where is the cookies and cream?
How does this flavor system work exactly? What is it that we add in?

Brent you and your cookies and cream I am telling Lance you are a trouble maker. :hammer:

I am not sure I am doing this I have to figure out a few things. I will keep you posted and make a new thread IF I am able to do it.

I am just getting feedback now. I have to be prepared 100% if I say yes I am doing it.

I guess I will start a poll about it now.

CROWLER

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Count me in.

Thanks buddy, you are the best.

But I think this could REALLY rock. Yea I am putting in the hours like you say BUT I want to(have to) give people what they want. I am going to do whatever I can to pull this off.

Any interest from people would this be GREAT or just hmmmm yea it is ok.

This question is to everyone: Would this motivate you to actually make an order?

BUT I just had an idea. Please give me your input. What IF Anabolic Innovations could do this to make your protein to your tastes, the exact way you want it.

How about if we sell plain protein powder with FREE flavor system. This way you can flavor your protein powder to whatever strength you desire.

Each flavor system would flavor 2lbs of protein powder. IF we are able to do this that it means you will also be able to order 10lbs of Protein powder and receive 5 DIFFERENT flavor systems.

So if the sample you received is too strong or too weak you can customize it how you like by ordering the plain protein powder and 1 flavor system for every 2 pounds.

Eg order 10 lbs of isolate and in the comments area type: 2 Strawberry Flavor systems and 2 Peanut Flavor systems, 2 Banana and 2 Chocolate. You can then make your own flavors such as Strawberry Banana, Chocolate/Raspberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter etc You can also use the Plain unflavored protein for baking, mixing into granola or anything you want.

What are your thoughts?

CROWLER

mitch911

Awards
would u be able to sell the flavour systems seperate as well?
i find some taste good mixing in with oats and when im craving something really good i just make and extra strong chocolate.. so selling the systems separate would be cool as well

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
lol

WOW you people come up with good ideas but I am only getting about 4 hours of sleep a night as it is :)

Well I have to think about it. I am not sure what the charge would be, it really takes a while to seperate out the different flavors and package them.

CROWLER

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I think selling the flavoring systems would really open things up. We could then buy the plain whey at high volumes and pick and choose what flavor we want, when we want it.

I think it ultimately would make you a preferred vendor by many of us. We'd be buying bulk in much more volume, and if the flavors are reasonable, most people would get a few and then we'd be set for a while and would be coming back for more.

I know myself I handicap how much I'm going to buy simply because I get sick of it. So my order are much lower and I end buying whey all the time because I want a new flavor. In this case, I'd buy 50+ lbs of whey and a bunch of flavor systems. The smart thing on your part would be to then continue to keep adding flavors so we have plenty to choose from :)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I really like the idea with the plain and different flavoring systems. You got one vote right here :bow28:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Well it is up and running right now. No need to wait for anything.

Just place your order for the 10lb or 15 lb size then in the comments section chose the various flavors you would like. Each choice includes DOUBLE the flavoring amount we use for 2lbs.

Thanks

CROWLER