African Mango aka Irvingia Gabonensis

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Background
A recent in vitro study indicates that IGOB131, a novel seed extract of the traditional West African food plant Irvingia gabonensis, favorably impacts adipogenesis through a variety of critical metabolic pathways including PPAR gamma, leptin, adiponectin, and glycerol-3 phosphate dehydrogenase. This study was therefore aimed at evaluating the effects of IGOB131, an extract of Irvingia gabonensis, on body weight and associated metabolic parameters in overweight human volunteers.

Methods
The study participants comprised of 102 healthy, overweight and/or obese volunteers (defined as BMI > 25 kg/m[SUP]2[/SUP]) randomly divided into two groups. The groups received on a daily basis, either 150 mg of IGOB131 or matching placebo in a double blinded fashion, 30–60 minutes before lunch and dinner. At baseline, 4, 8 and 10 weeks of the study, subjects were evaluated for changes in anthropometrics and metabolic parameters to include fasting lipids, blood glucose, C-reactive protein, adiponectin, and leptin.

Results
Significant improvements in body weight, body fat, and waist circumference as well as plasma total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, blood glucose, C-reactive protein, adiponectin and leptin levels were observed in the IGOB131 group compared with the placebo group.

Conclusion
Irvingia gabonensis administered 150 mg twice daily before meals to overweight and/or obese human volunteers favorably impacts body weight and a variety of parameters characteristic of the metabolic syndrome. This is the first double blind randomized placebo controlled clinical trial regarding the anti-obesity and lipid profile modulating effects of an Irvingia gabonensis extract. The positive clinical results, together with our previously published mechanisms of gene expression modulation related to key metabolic pathways in lipid metabolism, provide impetus for much larger clinical studies. Irvingia gabonensis extract may prove to be a useful tool in dealing with the emerging global epidemics of obesity, hyperlipidemia, insulin resistance, and their co-morbid conditions.

Trial registration

ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00645775
For more of this study ---> IGOB131, a novel seed extract of the West African plant Irvingia gabonensis, significantly reduces body weight and improves metabolic parameters in overweight humans in a randomized double-blind placebo controlled investigation

I'm pretty excited when I research this ingredient. It looks very promising for weightloss, appetite suppression and a myriad of positive health attributes (regulate insulin and leptin levels, decrease triglycerides, lower LDL cholesterol, etc ).

I'm finally able to mention this b/c I just noticed that it's on our website. It's not available for sale...yet. I will definitely be trying this, likely with Raspberry Ketones and Glycobol. :D

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool stuff my man. Will have to check it out.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Another great product brought to you by AI!!!!!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards

African Mango, aka Irivingia Gabonensis has been making headlines lately, and for good reason; it works!

What all can African Mango do for YOU? Honestly, the benefits are too many to list, but here is a brief summary of some of the benefits of taking African Mango.

Appetite Suppression
By slowing gastric emptying, African Mango can effectively suppress appetite by helping you stay full for longer.

Natural fat burner
Naturally boosts adiponectin - Adiponectin is a natural hormone that regulates levels of blood sugar and insulin. People with naturally low levels of adiponectin are much more likely to suffer from obesity, and other health problems.

Leptin control
By lowering C-reactive protein, African Mango allows the proper utilization of leptin. Leptin is a powerful signaling hormone that helps the body regulate food intake.

Natural detoxification
Total cholesterol, triglyceride, and LDL cholesterol reduction – the high fiber content of African Mango helps to lower cholesterol.

Who should take African Mango?

I think the conclusion here sums it up extremely well;

“In conclusion, Irvingia gabonensis extract administered twice a day to healthy, overweight and obese individuals resulted in both weight reduction (body weight, body fat, waist size) and an improvement in metabolic parameters associated with insulin resistance.”

…. So, essentially anyone looking to reduce body fat is a good candidate for taking African Mango.

What is stopping you?! Get your African Mango today!

For the Ultimate Fat Loss stack, combine African Mango with another very popular ingredient; our Raspberry Ketones.

References:

Tchoundjeu, Z. & Atangana, A.R., 2007. Irvingia gabonensis (Aubry-Lecomte ex O’Rorke) Baill. [Internet] Record from Protabase. van der Vossen, H.A.M. & Mkamilo, G.S. (Editors). PROTA (Plant Resources of Tropical Africa / Ressources végétales de l’Afrique tropicale), Wageningen, Netherlands.

“African Mango – Weight Loss Wonder Fruit?” Dr Ingrid van Heerden, July 11, 2011.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Hmm interesting and interested! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a very powerful compound at the right extraction, concentration and dosage. The Life Extension Foundation has been using it in various formulations of theirs for years now.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a very powerful compound at the right extraction, concentration and dosage. The Life Extension Foundation has been using it in various formulations of theirs for years now.
What do you recommend as far as extraction, concentration and doseage?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you recommend as far as extraction, concentration and doseage?
The standardized extract (seed) is usually dosed at 150mg twice a day.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
For anyone interesting. Diet has been fairly close to perfect, but been taking RK500 and African Mango and have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. I've really like the African Mango. The only negative side effect was the first few days it seemed to make me have to go to the bathroom (pee) more than usual.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess I should look into seeing if African Mango is some sort of diuretic. Have you used Raspberry Ketones before? If so, did you experience frequent urination with that or only now that you've add AM?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I guess I should look into seeing if African Mango is some sort of diuretic. Have you used Raspberry Ketones before? If so, did you experience frequent urination with that or only now that you've add AM?
Only since I've added the African Mango. I've had used RK and TTA before. It's not bad and it may of just been those days, it was only for the first few days on it.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you leaner/drier while using the AM? This could be a positive side. :D

Edit: I just did some quick searches. It looks like it could possibly act a as a diuretic. I didn't see any human studies in this area, so the doses were really high, though (relative to body weight).