Help with Glycobol and HGHpro for cutting.

thelemac

Awards
Confused about glycobol timing for cutting/recomp and the use of HGH pro.

Here is how I plan to use it for cutting. Is this correct? I am about 230 pounds at about 17%. I am hoping that glycobol may address some of the issues that I seem to have with carbs. For starters carbs tend to make me ravenously hungry so I try to stay away from them. I am assuming this is due to my body not processing carbs effectively and releasing either too much or too little insulin. I also feel that I carry my weight very disporportionatley. I have veins visibly in my chest/shoulders/ striations in my calves and yet I have a gut and love handles. I have read that this can be an indicator or someone with insulin resistance or other insulin related issues. Don't get me wrong I am overweight I just struggle with how my body carries it.

I am using a Starting Strength type program. Current max bench-350 squat(full)-385 dead(trap bar)-405. I am also planning on throwing in some HGH pro mainly for the sleep benefits.

6:00- 2 glycobol
6:20-Breakfast-macros of 780 Cal-66 pro-80 carbs (oatmeal)-24 fat.
12:30-Lunch-440 cals-75 pro- 23 carbs- 6 fat.
5:00-2 glycobol-10 grams creatine
5:30-pre-workout meal-725 cals-111 pro-35 carb(potato)-12f
6:30-Workout
7:30-8-post meal-460 cals 58 pro-14carb-20fat
10- HGH pro
Total macros 2405 cals-310pro-152 carbs 62 fat
I know that some may say that cals are light for cutting but any higher and I seem to gain. Is there a better schedule for cutting? Should I increase carbs pre-workout?

I did post this in the supplement section but noticed that the experts on glycobol hang out here.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as your Glycobol and HGHpro dosing, that looks good. You might want to be careful with how many grams of fat that you take in with Glycobol. That combination seems to cause some GI distress, for some.

I'm not the greatest one to pick apart a diet, but I seem to be in a similar situation as you. My doc told me that I'm borderline Type II. Have you ever tried carb cycling? When I really stick to carb cycling, I'm able to lean out fairly well. I have to be honest though, I tend to do plenty of fasted cardio during those times, too. I'll drink BCAAs just before and during my "fasted" cardio, but I don't eat or drink anything else before hand.

thelemac

Awards
As far as your Glycobol and HGHpro dosing, that looks good. You might want to be careful with how many grams of fat that you take in with Glycobol. That combination seems to cause some GI distress, for some.

I'm not the greatest one to pick apart a diet, but I seem to be in a similar situation as you. My doc told me that I'm borderline Type II. Have you ever tried carb cycling? When I really stick to carb cycling, I'm able to lean out fairly well. I have to be honest though, I tend to do plenty of fasted cardio during those times, too. I'll drink BCAAs just before and during my "fasted" cardio, but I don't eat or drink anything else before hand.
I will definately cut the fat in those meals post glycobol. And yes I have tried carb cycling but not with the addition of fasted cardio. So, with fasted cardio are you waking and immediately doing cardio? Could I wake up, take my glycobol with some recover pro and do cardio for 1/2 hour and then eat or is this going to cause blood sugar problems.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That should work out decently. You may want to the first time take just 1 glycobol before fasted cardio to see how you feel. I would strongly suggest though clipping a significant amount carbs out of your breakfast and moving them to post workout.

thelemac

Awards
That should work out decently. You may want to the first time take just 1 glycobol before fasted cardio to see how you feel. I would strongly suggest though clipping a significant amount carbs out of your breakfast and moving them to post workout.
Should I cut breakfast carbs from 80 to 40 and maybe placed 40 additional carbs post workout.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should I cut breakfast carbs from 80 to 40 and maybe placed 40 additional carbs post workout.
that would be a good idea, but keep the glycobol dosing the way it is (other than starting with just 1 mornings to see how fasted cardio goes)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
this thread may or may not be dead but 10g of creratine is not needed

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
this thread may or may not be dead but 10g of creratine is not needed
Depends.. If you are loading then that 10g could very well be correct. The loading phase is designed to quickly fill (or “load”) your muscular creatine stores in a matter of just a few days. During the loading phase take no more than 0.3 grams of creatine per each kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight. So in his case at 230 pounds = 105 kg * .3 = 31g but you shouldn't ever take more then 20g max when loading. So 10g if he is doing his loading phase is completely fine.

thelemac

Awards
Depends.. If you are loading then that 10g could very well be correct. The loading phase is designed to quickly fill (or “load”) your muscular creatine stores in a matter of just a few days. During the loading phase take no more than 0.3 grams of creatine per each kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight. So in his case at 230 pounds = 105 kg * .3 = 31g but you shouldn't ever take more then 20g max when loading. So 10g if he is doing his loading phase is completely fine.
I am just starting out again with Creatine not sure I subscribe to the loading unloading thing but I figured 10 grams for a couple of weeks then drop to 5. I don't think I get much of anything from creatine but it's cheap.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I am just starting out again with Creatine not sure I subscribe to the loading unloading thing but I figured 10 grams for a couple of weeks then drop to 5. I don't think I get much of anything from creatine but it's cheap.
Id do 10 grams for first 5 days then drop to 5g for a month. Really also depends on type and quality of creatine you are using.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i just dont believe in the "loading" phase, i dont feel the saturation process will be faster by doubling the dose....just my opinion...would you say the same "loading" phase is beneficial for beta alanine too?