Rosie's Initial Impressions of RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is it?

* Faster Recovery and Lean Muscle Gains
* Unique 4:1:1 BCAA Ratio

For more information on the product, please review AI Sports Nutrition :: RecoverPRO.

Smell: 7/10. Smells like raspberries, but with a hint of something else almost artificial, like the smell/taste of a raspberry flavoured ice-cream, if that makes any sense.

Taste: 10/10. Definitely tastes a lot better than it smells! Like red raspberries. There was also a hint of sweet tartness in there, like I get when eating real raspberries. Until now, Organic VitaBerry > GreenMAG > Green Apple Assault were my favourite flavours re products, but now I have a new #1 flavour of any product!

Solubility: 10/10. On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker - although bubbles and froth were left on top of the liquid, rapidly dissolving.

Texture: 10/10. Like fruit juice diluted with water.

BCAAs are a STAPLE product in my supplement arsenal, so going to enjoy the time I have on this tub of RecoverPRO :) You can follow my experience with it in my current log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170523-female-terminator-chronicles-17.html.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that you like the new flavor so much!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that you like the new flavor so much!
No worries - I'll be doing a final comprehensive review on the other effects, etc. once I finish the tub :) I do love the flavour, I do indeed :yup:

~Rosie~

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm drinking some blue rasp Xtend really wishing I had some RecoverPRO instead lol

Awesome review!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No worries - I'll be doing a final comprehensive review on the other effects, etc. once I finish the tub :) I do love the flavour, I do indeed :yup:

~Rosie~
I really want to see if you note a difference form other forms of BCAA's you've taken in that had a 2:1:1 ratio.

Personally the 4:1:1 with double the luecine really makes a difference in starting protein synthesis and initiating recovery postworkout or throughout the day(especially since im not a big fan of simple sugars to spike insulin).

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does it compare to BC+EAA in your opinion Rosie?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm drinking some blue rasp Xtend really wishing I had some RecoverPRO instead lol

Awesome review!
I've not used Xtend. Don't plan on it either; if you hadn't already figured it out, once I find a product that works with my body, I rarely change it for another. This is one of those exceptions, only because this product WILL work with my body.

I really want to see if you note a difference form other forms of BCAA's you've taken in that had a 2:1:1 ratio.

Personally the 4:1:1 with double the luecine really makes a difference in starting protein synthesis and initiating recovery postworkout or throughout the day(especially since im not a big fan of simple sugars to spike insulin).
With my training and nutrition remaining the same, I honestly don't know that I will notice a difference, and my goals are not to gain muscle mass but to maintain what I already have. It will be interesting definitely. Until Sunday, I will be using only one scoop a day, and from there on, my usual dosing of BCAAs thrice daily once I am back up to par re training and then we will see.

How does it compare to BC+EAA in your opinion Rosie?
RecoverPRO taste is way better than BC+EAA. A tub of BC+EAA lasts me ~10 days, whereas a tub of RecoverPRO will last me ~2 weeks, so pricewise they are similar. RecoveryPRO contains only BCAA, whereas BC+EAA has EAA also, so the formulas are different. As far as effects, both fill the same need. I honestly don't know if I could say which one or the other is better, and it is a personal preference choice on which product one used.

~Rosie~

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't BC+EAA more of an 8:1:1 ratio (just looked at the tub)?

I know you really like BC+EAA, and I agree with you on the taste, I just wanted to get your impression of which you personally preferred, and which circumstances you'd use each.

It seems to me the RecoverPro would be perfect for Leucine spiking pre-meal, while BC+EAA would be better suited for through-the-day drinking and intra. What do you think?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great feedback Rosie.
:cheers:

Isn't BC+EAA more of an 8:1:1 ratio (just looked at the tub)?

I know you really like BC+EAA, and I agree with you on the taste, I just wanted to get your impression of which you personally preferred, and which circumstances you'd use each.

It seems to me the RecoverPro would be perfect for Leucine spiking pre-meal, while BC+EAA would be better suited for through-the-day drinking and intra. What do you think?
Thanks for pointing it out; actually, it's more of a 7:1:1 ratio per serving. If you look at the BC+EAA label, you'll also note that the ingredient profile does not really add up to the AA profile per serving given.

Either way, the products, although both BCAA products, are very different.

Others may have preferences on when to use each product, but the circumstances under which I BCAAs do not change. I don't use intraworkout liquids aside from water (never have and never will), and I don't use BCAAs pre-meals (if I use them it is as PART of my meal), but I use BCAAs ~3 times daily (where I would have in the past had a protein shake).

~Rosie~

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, thanks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you happen to like/drink iced tea (whether black or green) mixing the raspberry recoverpro with it is really perfect.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you happen to like/drink iced tea (whether black or green) mixing the raspberry recoverpro with it is really perfect.
Not an iced tea person, but I might have to try that with my Green Tea or Mixed Berry Tea sometime - be nice, given the weather :)

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I mixed three scoops of the Red Raspberry RecoverPRO with some iced Green Tea this afternoon - right on, Eric; it's AWESOME! :yup:

~Rosie~