Life Support for Women?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
My wife was told she had high blood pressure yesterday. Rather than immediately go to prescription medication she wants to try natural sups first. Can she take Life Support? It's the Nettle Root ans Saw Palmetto that concerns me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife was told she had high blood pressure yesterday. Rather than immediately go to prescription medication she wants to try natural sups first. Can she take Life Support? It's the Nettle Root ans Saw Palmetto that concerns me.
If she's taking birth control, the the Nettle Root will render it ineffective, so that's something you have to consider if she uses it. Re Saw Palmetto, that shouldn't affect females, as like DAA, it's a compound more specific for men.

How high is her blood pressure? Is this a recent development or something she has had for a while? There are definitely many ways that one can decrease blood pressure without using medication - for example, nutrition (decrease sodium intake, etc.), exercise (increase it), natural supplementation (below), etc.

You can always just get her to use Hawthorne Berry and Garlic - dosing/timing below.

Hawthorne Berry
3g/day (with meals, spread over 3 doses)
Dose 1 - 1g with breakfast
Dose 2 - 1g with lunch
Dose 3 - 1g with dinner

Garlic
600-700 mg/day (with meals, spread over 2 doses)
Dose 1 - 300-350mg with breakfast
Dose 2 - 300-350mg with lunch

~Rosie~

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
If she's taking birth control, the the Nettle Root will render it ineffective, so that's something you have to consider if she uses it. Re Saw Palmetto, that shouldn't affect females, as like DAA, it's a compound more specific for men.

How high is her blood pressure? Is this a recent development or something she has had for a while? There are definitely many ways that one can decrease blood pressure without using medication - for example, nutrition (decrease sodium intake, etc.), exercise (increase it), natural supplementation (below), etc.

You can always just get her to use Hawthorne Berry and Garlic - dosing/timing below.

Hawthorne Berry
3g/day (with meals, spread over 3 doses)
Dose 1 - 1g with breakfast
Dose 2 - 1g with lunch
Dose 3 - 1g with dinner

Garlic
600-700 mg/day (with meals, spread over 2 doses)
Dose 1 - 300-350mg with breakfast
Dose 2 - 300-350mg with lunch

~Rosie~
She's 43, tubes tide, no birth control. She found out yesterday at her annual woman check up, so it happened sometime in the past year. If I had to guess, I'd say 2 months because her body temp. has increased. I can't hardly lay next to her without breaking a sweat. It was pretty high, like 190/150.

I started her on fish oil a month ago. Told her last night to get some celery seed and garlic extract. Will def. get some Hawthorne Berry as well.

Edit: One other thing, she was pretty stressed over a paint job gone bad. So it may come down a bit.

Thanks Rosie, you're the best.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She's 43, tubes tide, no birth control. She found out yesterday at her annual woman check up, so it happened sometime in the past year. If I had to guess, I'd say 2 months because her body temp. has increased. I can't hardly lay next to her without breaking a sweat. It was pretty high, like 190/150.

I started her on fish oil a month ago. Told her last night to get some celery seed and garlic extract. Will def. get some Hawthorne Berry as well.

Edit: One other thing, she was pretty stressed over a paint job gone bad. So it may come down a bit.

Thanks Rosie, you're the best.
No worries :)

Life Support is fine for her, then.

However, that is SEVERE hypertension - she not only has severe diastolic hypertension, but systolic hypertension. For blood pressure that high I actually would recommend that she DOES get blood pressure medication, if only until it comes back down to even mild hypertension.

Stress can cause an increase in blood pressure. So can "white coat syndrome". I recommend getting it checked again in about a week or something - if you can, on a daily basis first thing, resting for about a week, and note any fluctuations.

If her blood pressure is really that high without another cause, then she will have to be careful when exercising - if she uses this to try and increase her fitness to decrease her blood pressure.

~Rosie~

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
No worries :)

Life Support is fine for her, then.

However, that is SEVERE hypertension - she not only has severe diastolic hypertension, but systolic hypertension. For blood pressure that high I actually would recommend that she DOES get blood pressure medication, if only until it comes back down to even mild hypertension.

Stress can cause an increase in blood pressure. So can "white coat syndrome". I recommend getting it checked again in about a week or something - if you can, on a daily basis first thing, resting for about a week, and note any fluctuations.

If her blood pressure is really that high without another cause, then she will have to be careful when exercising - if she uses this to try and increase her fitness to decrease her blood pressure.

~Rosie~
I was going to start her off slow, with some walking in the evenings. Nothing too extreme. She is a little over weight but not too bad, maybe 15-20 lbs. She's shopping today so that may help, lol. I'll tell her to buy a monitor while she's out. Can't make a doctors appointment today, this whole damn city shuts down for Mardi Gras, but will def. do that tomorrow.

Don't know what WCS is but I will research it shortly.

Edit: Ok, now I know what WCS is. With a BP monitor we can make that diagnosis.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the help Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Well, we don't know what caused the spike in blood pressure. On the way home from the doctor that very same day, I had her pick up a monitor, an expersive one, an her blood pressure has been lower than mine ever since. She hasn't even opened the bottle of Life Support. I can't say it's white coat syndrone because it was a routine OBGYN appointment.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At least everything is back to normal!