AI Cycle Support 2.0 Risks - Drop the Saw Palmetto

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, to all you cycle support manufacturers out there... STOP WITH THE DAMN SAW PALMETTO. I cut myself shaving, should take 2-3 minutes with a tissue to stop bleeding, no big deal. Uh no, been a FREAKING HOUR and it still is dribbling, more like steady as I have a drop on my shirt now when I changed the bandage.

There are better ways to protect someone's prostate that won't put you at risk to bleed to death (this is not to cause drama, it is a real risk). Yes, you heard that right and you are on notice. Say you have an accident, guess what, you aren't going to stop bleeding without a lot of help and pressure bandages (notice that is plural), god forbid you have to have some kind of emergency surgery. Sure, I could have been more careful but none one is completely devoid of accidents.

It's called stinging nettle root extract(s) and pumpkin seed oil, get with the damn program and stop putting people at risk. Don't believe me, its called google, you will see the warnings about stopping weeks before surgery for a reason. Not only am I pissed about this I think it is reckless and irresponsible to continue to use this as cycle support ingredient when there are others that carry less side effects and risk. End Rant/

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little update - 100 minutes from cut to stop bleeding. Maybe its time we think about another way for everyone else's sake.

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
guess its better then bleeding from your prostate exam

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha, I scroll down to the bottom of the page and the ad was for saw palmetto, hahaha. I thought that was funny.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cheap razor ? lol i joke

umm never had a problem

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do some research... I really don't care if you ignore this, I won't be using CS anymore after this bottle. Next time I will make my own. AI makes good products but considering some information that has come out recently about many commonly used ingredients, these are woefully out of date and in need of modification.

And to those who say its me, show me that piece of paper again that says you are a doctor and qualified to make such a call. Funny thing is, I did consult a medical professional that is why I know this. But hey, I'm just some guy you can all say is making waves, what do I care.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do some research... I really don't care if you ignore this, I won't be using CS anymore after this bottle. Next time I will make my own. AI makes good products but considering some information that has come out recently about many commonly used ingredients, these are woefully out of date and in need of modification.

And to those who say its me, show me that piece of paper again that says you are a doctor and qualified to make such a call. Funny thing is, I did consult a medical professional that is why I know this. But hey, I'm just some guy you can all say is making waves, what do I care.
Hey your not making waves and this very well could be a side effect for you. I have cut myself more than once while using CS and never had a bleeding problem like you describe. I am very sorry it has happened to you.:(

drudixon

Awards

By that logic, you should show us a paper saying you're a doctor. Multiple people have responded that they have no issues with saw palmetto, so far only one person (you) says he has a problem with saw palmetto. There are a few websites stating that saw palmetto might slow blood clotting, but there's no specific evidence stating that it factually does. If you want the opinion of doctors, why would you post here?

BTW alcohol and tylenol factually slow blood clotting. Are you against those?

No hate bud, just saying.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By that logic, you should show us a paper saying you're a doctor. Multiple people have responded that they have no issues with saw palmetto, so far only one person (you) says he has a problem with saw palmetto. There are a few websites stating that saw palmetto might slow blood clotting, but there's no specific evidence stating that it factually does. If you want the opinion of doctors, why would you post here?

BTW alcohol and tylenol factually slow blood clotting. Are you against those?

No hate bud, just saying.
You know, I put this up to start a conversation and bring up a potential risk factor for AI. I am not here to do all the research for them, that is on their end. Use google, it is real and ask any medical professional, especially those that work with heart patients (I have multiple in my family). And if you take tylenol still, you need to do some reading. Of all the nSAIDS, it is the worst for your liver and the only one that is truly safe is Aleve/naproxen. This is recent information though and don't expect the makers of tylenol to be promoting their product carrys a lot of risk. I'm done with this thread, it was just meant to raise awareness.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow interesting...never heard of Saw Palmetto inhibiting clotting factors to cause an increase bleeding. I mean Ive cut myself plenty over the past couple of months while using both Life Support and CS 2.0(with no break) and didnt notice an increase in bleeding time. But you have brought up an interesting point. I do know over other side effects with much higher doses but a decrease in blood clotting factors was not one of them to my knowledge. I will do some more research.

I do recommend you go see a physician to make sure there isnt an underlying issue that is far more serious. It may be a side effect but it is best to get a professional opinion. Best case scenario it's just the saw palmetto...but it's best to be safe then sorry.

Sorry to hear it wasnt working out for you.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering: Are you guys saying there is no evidence saw palmetto can increase the risk of bleeding or just that like any side effect, it varies by individual?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering: Are you guys saying there is no evidence saw palmetto can increase the risk of bleeding or just that like any side effect, it varies by individual?
IMO all side effects vary from person to person.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO all side effects vary from person to person.
This is true of course though I beleive the risks associated with some ingredients are glanced over or not stated at all; in my eyes I see that as negligent on the supplement makers behalf. It should be stated in product write ups that these (insert risks) are known for a given ingredient. Whether or not AI does anything in the future I can't change but the fact I bring up a real concern and don't even get so much as a PM from AI, well, that really has turned me off (I am pretty tolerant and forgiving too).

I am not going to bash AI openly (this is not me bashing them, it is me being honest on a public forum) and try to make this a fiasco but the plain and simple fact is I feel like I was totally blown off; there are what, 2 responses from AI in this whole thread and they are negligible at that. I was a supporter of your company, I AM for multiple sponsored athletes and this is what I get, crickets. Good luck guys, I am going to part ways with my use of your products from now on after this cycle is done. Best of luck and please consider customer concerns more seriously in the future. Anything done after this post is too little, too late.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Sounds to me like you already had your mind made up before you even posted. Hinting that there might be something related to this on Google and your bleating about a singular episode of bleeding is not really proof of anything except that you may want see a doctor or simply stop using saw palmetto without all the fanfare.

As for the surgical warnings, you get the same thing for asprin and who knows what else. Mebbe saw palmetto is just not for you. But, it seems odd to use this thread as an excuse just because no one that replied had the same side effect or agreed with you.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds to me like you already had your mind made up before you even posted. Hinting that there might be something related to this on Google and your bleating about a singular episode of bleeding is not really proof of anything except that you may want see a doctor or simply stop using saw palmetto without all the fanfare.

As for the surgical warnings, you get the same thing for asprin and who knows what else. Mebbe saw palmetto is just not for you. But, it seems odd to use this thread as an excuse just because no one that replied had the same side effect or agreed with you.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Do a search, I have supported AI so many times on this board it is ridiculous. Why do you think I am taking two of their products now and one during my PCT? Am I being over the top, maybe, but guess what, I really don't care nor do I have to answer to anyone for my decisions. AI, best of luck as a company and I will not ever bash your products but will no longer purchase them. Sorry, it is my choice. :boggled:

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any idea how many companies use saw palmetto in there muti vitamins and cycle supports... Most of the companies on this site and even more companies not on this site..... So I guess you should stop using all of those companies products to....I take CEL cycle assist and optimum nutritions multi vitamins...both witch have saw palmetto in them...I am also a mechanical engineer and my hands and arms constantly get cuts in them...None which bleed more then normal....although I have cut myself shaving so badly in the past before taking any supplements and it has taken over an hour plus to scab.....I know its your choice to stop using a companies products but understand a business is not going to drop all production of a product just because one person had a bad experience which honestly I feel is not even the cause of saw palmetto but just a bad cut....Honestly, what do you want AI to do for you? They said they havent experience that while taking CS and they even apologized to you for it happening...What else do you want from them? A case of bandaids?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been on CS since before I was a rep back in early '06 and have not had any issues. I will definitely do some near future reading about the subject matter at hand though. I do believe this is the first we've had this topic come up. Thank you for the information/heads up.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
You have your opinion and I have mine. Do a search, I have supported AI so many times on this board it is ridiculous. Why do you think I am taking two of their products now and one during my PCT? Am I being over the top, maybe, but guess what, I really don't care nor do I have to answer to anyone for my decisions. AI, best of luck as a company and I will not ever bash your products but will no longer purchase them. Sorry, it is my choice. :boggled:
Hey, I'm not bustin yer chops on the decision to not use saw palmetto. That's logical and of course up to you and you seem to have looked into it.

My point is, you seem to have some odd expectations from AI reps. They appear to have replied honestly so I am not sure what it was that you wanted from them. In addition to reps replying, several other members with similar experiences using sp said that they have not had the same results which seems to have frustrated you further. You now have a sort of chip on your shoulder towards the reps and AI as a whole because AI did not issue a product recall based on 1 guy in a forum post. So, if you were indeed so loyal to AI, I just don't understand your attitude.

If you are saying that users should Google supplements they take, assess their own tolerances and reactions to them, use stuff at their own risk, etc, then that describes pretty much everything discussed on this forum.

So, mebbe it's just me but if the paragraph above is not it, I guess I missed the point you were trying to make.

Hustlers

Hustlers

Awards
  • Established
I know this an older thread, but I agree somewhat with the OP. Ive noticed since I started supplementing with Saw Palmetto in addition to my AI CS (which tastes like absolute garbage I must add....disappointed with the fact that I gag at least 2x a day while dosing this stuff) That if I get any types of cuts or accidently scratch or pick at my skin in turns red immediately and does have some issue clotting. Theres a spot on my chest which has been there for 2 days now....a bit annoying that it hast healed up. Im going to discontinue the additional Saw palmetto and see if that alleviates some of the symptoms.However, AI should still consider looking into this.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is neither here nor there, I bleed for 30 minutes strait (hemroids I think- or a cut on my behind) about a month or so ago (and it hasn't happened since-very rare) and I have not took any saw palmetto products (cycle support) at all in at least seven months so it may be something else. I am not saying you are wrong.

avsfreak24

Awards
Thanks for the info. I am not on CS, but I take saw palmetto. I shave my head too, so I have lots of potential for cuts, and have not noticed unusual difficulty clotting. I would stop taking anything that causes me to have trouble clotting. Are you sure it is just the saw, or is there anything else you are taking that could compound this issue, along with the saw?