Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glycobol FAQ​

Q. What is Glycobol?
A. Glycobol is what we call an insulin potentiator. It works synergistically with your own insulin, to shuttle carbs and nutrients to your muscles, and away from fat.

Q. How does it accomplish this?

A. Through a combination of several insulin potentiator ingredients.

Q. What are these ingredients?
A. Na-RALA, Trigonella seed isolate, Phellodendron extract, Cinnamon bark extract, and BMOV.

Q. Can you break down those ingredients?
A. Sure.
Na-RALA; is naturally produced in the body as a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor. It is important to aerobic metabolism. ALA has been suggested to increase cellular uptake of glucose to cell membranes by recruiting the glucose transporter GLUT4. ALA improves skeletal muscle glucose transport, resulting in desirable blood glucose disposal and increased muscle glycogen concentrations. Studies also suggest that in muscle, ALA is a potent anti-oxidant which protects cells from oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. The ALA used in this formula is chemically stabilized and of the highest quality. It's one of the most active isomers and one of the highest potency salts commercially available. ALA is an invaluable addition that offers a multitude of benefits plus countless extras for any serious athlete.
Trigonella Seed Isolate; Fenugreek has been successfully applied for thousands of years to support health. Modern research suggests that it supports endurance and lowers blood lactate concentrations dramatically. Use of fenugreek seed may also help decrease fat accumulation. These results suggest that this improvement in endurance and reduction in body fat is caused by an increase in the utilization of fatty acids as an energy source. Fenugreek supplements high in 4-HIL have also been demonstrated to increase post-exercise glycogen resynthesis in athletes, which promotes rapid recovery and helps reduce training fatigue. The visible results of this glycogenic effect are big, pumped muscles that look extremely full and vascular.
Phellodendron extract; Phellodendron is one of the highly valued traditional Chinese herbs. It is reported that some subjects show improved strength in response to Phellodendron isolates. Laboratory studies suggest that one of these alkaloidal isolates called berberine may accomplish these benefits by enhancing insulin production. Improved health and increased physical performance translates into greater strength and muscle gains in the gym.
Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids); Cinnamon is a common spice used all over the world, but it's not commonly known that the spice has significant therapeutic value. Cinnamon contains the element chromium, which is needed for proper glucose metabolism, and also compounds called flavonoids. Flavinoids are potent anti-oxidants. The specific flavonoids found in cinnamon bark suggest to stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis similar to insulin. These flavonoids may activate receptors by direct insulin mimicking action, or indirect insulin potentiation, or both. (7) If you train consistently and have a healthy diet, your big muscular improvements from this powerful little cinnamon extract might surprise you.
Bis(Maltolato)Oxovanadium (BMOV); BMOV is an organic form of the mineral vanadium. Although elemental vanadium and inorganic salts of vanadium show significant biological potential, it has a poor therapeutic index due to low gastrointestinal absorbance. BMOV is recognized as safer, more absorbable, and able to deliver a therapeutic effect up to 50% greater than the inorganic forms. (9) Vanadium is one of the rare microelements that can promote a profound boost in endurance and strongly support anabolism. BMOV can give muscles a hardness like you have never experience before. The form of vanadium used in this formula is one of the very best you can find, if not the best.

Q. How should I dose this?
A. 2 servings per day. One serving is 2 pills.

Q. Do I need to take this with food?
A. We suggest you take this 15-30 minutes BEFORE a meal containing at least 50 grams of carbohydrates.

Q. I have heard that taking insulin potentiators help with creatine uptake. Is that true?
A. Yes it is.

Q. How long can I take this?
A. This can also be considered a general health supplement, on top of being a great supplement for building muscle and losing fat. Because of its make-up, being a potent antioxidant and health promoting supplement, it can be used for extended periods of time.

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
can you take this with whey? or shall the whey wait 15-30mins

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
can you take this with whey? or shall the whey wait 15-30mins
you can but I would take after 20 NOT 15 minutes, it takes a pill 20 minutes to be dissolved in the stomach by pancreatic juices and salivary amalayse.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
What about taking it before and/or after workout?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about taking it before and/or after workout?
We suggest taking it before carb meals. I would start that way see how well you tolerate it and then you can vary dosing times. Many people dose Glycobol different but I suggest starting as directed and slowly build up to max dose and varying dose times.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
We suggest taking it before carb meals. I would start that way see how well you tolerate it and then you can vary dosing times. Many people dose Glycobol different but I suggest starting as directed and slowly build up to max dose and varying dose times.
Thanks. The problem is that i train at 14:00h, just before my main meal (at 15:10h). Do you know if it would be any problem if i take my glycobol just when I end my workout (15 minutes before my main meal)?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. The problem is that i train at 14:00h, just before my main meal (at 15:10h). Do you know if it would be any problem if i take my glycobol just when I end my workout (15 minutes before my main meal)?
Should not be a problem but start off at 1 cap for a few days if you tolerate it ok then go to 2 caps. Good luck bro.:)

iceplaya18

i was wondering what are the best carbs to take with glycobol ? i was thinkin of usin it for a bulk .

iceplaya18

alright man complex carbs it is ! thanks guys ! . i was also wondering how long may i run glycobol ? .

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
alright man complex carbs it is ! thanks guys ! . i was also wondering how long may i run glycobol ? .
I would not run it more than 8 weeks due to the phellendron, causes stress to the pancreas.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Benefits/applicability of taking it with a PH cycle? Better to use during cycle/PCT/or standalone afterwards?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benefits/applicability of taking it with a PH cycle? Better to use during cycle/PCT/or standalone afterwards?
It can be run either way. Most run it as a standalone or part of a stack after the cycle but has been used on cycle for it's Nutrient partitioning.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It can be run either way. Most run it as a standalone or part of a stack after the cycle but has been used on cycle for it's Nutrient partitioning.
I was wondering if it would be better on cycle. I will be picking up a bottle soon and am planning on running it with TT-33 and Lean Xtreme in a couple months or so.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering if it would be better on cycle. I will be picking up a bottle soon and am planning on running it with TT-33 and Lean Xtreme in a couple months or so.
I do not think it is better or worse. It will help on cycle because of the Nutrient partitioning and. But running it with TT-33 and LX would make one heck of a natural recomp stack.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do not think it is better or worse. It will help on cycle because of the Nutrient partitioning and. But running it with TT-33 and LX would make one heck of a natural recomp stack.
Cool, thanks! I'll just keep it for my natty recomp then!

niwix

Awards
Hi i bought glycobol
mostly for cheat meal ( 2-3 caps ) and carb loading phase ( 4-6 caps ed on those days )

but
i`ve got some carbs in my breakfest ( 50 g rolled oats = ~30 gr carbs )
and i`ve got few carbs post workout ( 25 g waxy maize )

go with full 2 caps twice daily
or stay on 2*1 cap

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi i bought glycobol
mostly for cheat meal ( 2-3 caps ) and carb loading phase ( 4-6 caps ed on those days )

but
i`ve got some carbs in my breakfest ( 50 g rolled oats = ~30 gr carbs )
and i`ve got few carbs post workout ( 25 g waxy maize )

go with full 2 caps twice daily
or stay on 2*1 cap
I would start with 1 cap twice a day for a few days then if you tolerate it well you can go to 2 caps. I would not advise 6 caps.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would start with 1 cap twice a day for a few days then if you tolerate it well you can go to 2 caps. I would not advise 6 caps.
I agree here but after you assess your tolerance you body can handle the higher dosing on you cheat meal days

i beilieve i posted a protocol on this a little earlier today

niwix

Awards
2 caps to the oatmeal
1 cap post wo

3 caps pre cheat meal
1 caps between portions

300 gr of carbs pumped into the muscles
awesome product.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
OK, but what would be the effect if you take Glycobol with SIMPLEX carbs?
It would decrease the benefit of enhanced insulin sensitivity and less carbs will be be protected when using simple carbs.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Currently 4 weeks out and considering this to help with with fat loss. Other then my re feed every 3 days; the most carbs I get is in the morning and consists of 1/2 cup of blueberries. Would it be worth taking or should I wait to use this when I'm taking in more carbs, perhaps the finale week?

thanks!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Currently 4 weeks out and considering this to help with with fat loss. Other then my re feed every 3 days; the most carbs I get is in the morning and consists of 1/2 cup of blueberries. Would it be worth taking or should I wait to use this when I'm taking in more carbs, perhaps the finale week?

thanks!
IMO I would wait till I could get closer to 50mg of carbs.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
Hey what if I'm using Glycobol in my PH PCT to keep increased appetite and gains?
Whould I be better off doing 4 caps split individually b4 4 larger meals or still btter with reg directions? I'm trying to get all my meals to have 60+ g of complex carbs and I try to have 6 a day.
Your input please.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey what if I'm using Glycobol in my PH PCT to keep increased appetite and gains?
Whould I be better off doing 4 caps split individually b4 4 larger meals or still btter with reg directions? I'm trying to get all my meals to have 60+ g of complex carbs and I try to have 6 a day.
Your input please.
I would stick with the twice a day dosing.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
K thx. I must say tho. I did the 4 cap split yesterday and I felt hungry all day long.
I'll give your directions a try and we'll see how it goes.
Thx for quick reply.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
K thx. I must say tho. I did the 4 cap split yesterday and I felt hungry all day long.
I'll give your directions a try and we'll see how it goes.
Thx for quick reply.
Anytime bro. Let us know how you make out.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Should fat be avoided in the meals following taking Gylcobol? Just complex carbs and protein?

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
I dunno about that. I usually do almond butter with my pre-glycobol meals and it seems to make it even better. If anything, you can lower some fat if you want w/o glycobol meals. This way might work even better for you. I mean, glycobol is suppose to increase bile output, so that makes fat easier to digest. This is what I basedoff my conclusion and as previously said it works well for me.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno about that. I usually do almond butter with my pre-glycobol meals and it seems to make it even better. If anything, you can lower some fat if you want w/o glycobol meals. This way might work even better for you. I mean, glycobol is suppose to increase bile output, so that makes fat easier to digest. This is what I basedoff my conclusion and as previously said it works well for me.
For you that may work perfectly fine but I know alot of people that seem to get the gastric side effects if they take in too much fat. Glycobol seems vary widely in how to take it more so than most supps.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
I think it depends on fat more so. If you do saturated it's gonna be hard to break it down. Unsaturated or monounsaturated is a lot easier to break down. Increase in bile salts should help most people digest a decent amount of fat. I'm not talking huge amounts, just some. Hey, it does vary in people too tho. You won't know until you try it.

HaroutA

HaroutA

Awards
Glycobol be good with Erase, Pink Magic stack?? To gain mass?

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Can I take glycobol immediately after I finish my workout with my PWO shake? Or, would I have to take the 1 tablet and wait 20 minutes before consuming my PWO shake?

My shake consists of 50+g protein (whey, egg, casein) and 35g carbs (ON's GlycoMaize).

My goal is to gain lean muscle. Is it advised that I add more carbs to my shake, or is the 35g sufficient?

By the way, I love ALA and I can't wait to try out Glycobol. :wave:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can I take glycobol immediately after I finish my workout with my PWO shake? Or, would I have to take the 1 tablet and wait 20 minutes before consuming my PWO shake?

My shake consists of 50+g protein (whey, egg, casein) and 35g carbs (ON's GlycoMaize).

My goal is to gain lean muscle. Is it advised that I add more carbs to my shake, or is the 35g sufficient?

By the way, I love ALA and I can't wait to try out Glycobol. :wave:
You can have your cap of Glycobol with your postworkout shake if you want, but it will be more effective if you have it 15-20 minutes before your shake - therefore, perhaps take it towards the end of your training session. If you're only using one cap, then 35g of carbohydrates is sufficient, yes.

~Rosie~

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can have your cap of Glycobol with your postworkout shake if you want, but it will be more effective if you have it 15-20 minutes before your shake - therefore, perhaps take it towards the end of your training session. If you're only using one cap, then 35g of carbohydrates is sufficient, yes.

~Rosie~
Agreed.

MebalZahari

Awards
Safe to take this after running testopro for 8 weeks or is it best to give it some time?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Safe to take this after running testopro for 8 weeks or is it best to give it some time?
Nutrient repartitioner's like Glycobol can be taken any time, no need to wait. You only need to plan and take it before your carb meal.

papagunz

Awards
This may have been asked but for recomp and combined with intermittent fasting, do some people like a cap before bed? If so, how about in conjunction with HGH pro? Especially when considering hypoglycemia's effects on gh release.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sounds like you're on the right track. Here's what D had to say about utilizing Glycobol to boost GH. HGHpro fits this set up perfectly:

DR.D
There are many ways to boost GH naturally. Deep sleep + low blood sugar + hyperaminoacidemia is a consistent, cheap and simple way to do this.

- Stop eating carbs at least 2hrs before bed
- Take 1-2 gbols
- Take a scoop of EAA or BCAA or protein powder, or some Mucuna (L-dopa), or an arginine based stack, or whatever you normally use to promote GH levels.

It's that simple. You'll start noticing what I mean pretty quickly.

chuntley

Awards
What is the difference between Na-RALA and ALA that you can get from flax oil?