MrBig's Glycobol Review

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
MrBig's Glycobol Review

I just recently finished up a 30 day "cycle" of Glycobol and wanted to give AM an opportunity to see what it did for me.

I used Glycobol in a Bulk setting, I'm a fairly lean male (7-9% bf) that has a very fast metabolism and partakes in a lot of Cardio and high intensity weight Lifting. I will be discussing dosing protocols and other things in the next 5 bullets.

Calories per day:

Week 1-2:4-5.5k
Week 2-4:5.5-7k

Starting weight: 203 Lbs
Ending weight: 210 Lbs

Starting waist: 30.5"
Ending waist: 29.25"

Dosing:
Workout days: 2 caps per each large meal (50-100G CHO) Twice a day, 2 Pre-Workout.
Non-Workout Days:1 cap twice a day (25-50G CHO), 2 caps an hour before bed.
Pre Bed: 2 Caps Glycobol, 20G BCAA's.

Strength: The Strength aspect of this product is pretty real. I noticed an increase in competition weights almost immediately upon dosing with my PreWO meal. I took 2 caps 90-120 minutes before working out with approx. 50-75G CHO 4-5 times a week.

Endurance: When dosing and partaking in cardio following my one hour weight lifting session, I felt everything was "easier", had more energy to go longer and recovered better.

Bloating: You will not experience consistent bloating with this product. There were some occasions where I did feel bloating but overall this was nonexistent.

Pumps: The food pump you receive from this is pretty nice not to mention taking it Pre WO. I would go between 2 caps each larger meal twice a day on workout days and 1 cap on no workout days.

Leaning: This is where Glycobol does it's work. I started this cycle with a 30.5 inch waist and after 30 days I was down to a 29.25 inch waist!! I did not think that would be possible gaining 7 lbs but it is! I was also consuming about 4-5K in the first 2 weeks and 5.5-7k in the last week.

I'd definitely recommend Glycobol for a Recomp, Bulk or Cut. I think it would be beneficial for a PCT therapy due to the antioxidant properties and the strength aspects. I will definitely be picking up a couple of bottles for future use. I can't see any fat that I've gained, only muscle. SERIOUS! I don't think you can get fat with this stuff.

I'll be more than happy to answer questions regarding ANYTHING on this product.

Just PM me.

Thanks AI for such a great product and I look forward to what you have in store for us next :thumbsup:

-MrBigPR

AFOX

Awards
29.2 inch waist at 210 pounds? You must be shredded beyond belief, do you have any pics?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Not currently; In Iraq. I'll get some up when I get back :)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I have an old one from about a year and a half ago that used to be my avi but I cant find it right now.

AFOX

Awards
Right on bro. I think I'm going to pick up some glycobol pretty soon.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
That is awesome J! Great log and detail.
You da man! Thank you.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if your experienced any change in your bowl movements? Ive got a bottle and getting ready to try but, the last stuff that i tryed (not gonna mention name lol) that has almost exact ingredients tore me up the entire time i was on 30 days. I was'nt sure if this is a natural reaction sence it helps you process protein better.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I did notice something in the first few days...just work up your dosing from 1 if you plan on doing that.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering if your experienced any change in your bowl movements? Ive got a bottle and getting ready to try but, the last stuff that i tryed (not gonna mention name lol) that has almost exact ingredients tore me up the entire time i was on 30 days. I was'nt sure if this is a natural reaction sence it helps you process protein better.
I would start it slow then work up the dosage. You may experience a slight change in stool color at first but that is normal.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
J,
Here is a quote from Dr D......
"Berberine increases bile flow, thus it also cleans out the liver. If the stools are darker for a few days, it likely means mild preexisting biliary obstruction. The green color means it's getting expelled. Once stools resumes normal color (a week or two at the most I'd think), you know your liver is back in a healthy relationship with your gall bladder. If you do not get this side effect, it means your liver was already in good shape. Dark stools are not a concern for liver issues, it's very light stools that are cause for concern"

Like Pem said, start slow and see how you react and up the dosage slowly.
Hope you like it.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
J,
"Berberine increases bile flow, thus it also cleans out the liver. If the stools are darker for a few days, it likely means mild preexisting biliary obstruction. The green color means it's getting expelled. Once stools resumes normal color (a week or two at the most I'd think), you know your liver is back in a healthy relationship with your gall bladder. If you do not get this side effect, it means your liver was already in good shape. Dark stools are not a concern for liver issues, it's very light stools that are cause for concern"

Like Pem said, start slow and see how you react and up the dosage slowly.
Hope you like it.
Good stuff here. Please do let us know how it works out for you.:)

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff here. Please do let us know how it works out for you.:)
Thanks everyone for the info. With last stuff i tried it seemed to make me almost diretic and i used bathroom no less then twice a day and some times more and real soft. Jus was hoping not to see more of same...lol

Ill post up a short review at conclusion, I start when i get back from vacation on 20th

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for the info. With last stuff i tried it seemed to make me almost diretic and i used bathroom no less then twice a day and some times more and real soft. Jus was hoping not to see more of same...lol

Ill post up a short review at conclusion, I start when i get back from vacation on 20th
Please let us know how it goes, if you experience GI distress at 2 caps, drop to 1 cap, and little priobiotic won't hurt either.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also want to try glycobol but I want to know the best way to dose it. I get up at 5am
and I take my supps that I need to take on an empty stomach and then 30 min later
I drink a protein shake that consists of 45 grams of protein and 30-35 grams of carbs
from glyco-maize should I take my preworkout dose of glycobol with the shake or should I take it on an empty stomach and should I add another scoop of glyco-maize to get
60 to 70 grams of carbs. I also want to know if I should take a dose with my post shake
and should I up the carbs on that shake also. When I do try the Glycobol I will only try
1 cap at a time four times a day because when I used AP from USP labs I had stomach
issues when I used that product . The only time AP didn't bother my stomach was when I took it 15 minutes before a bowl of oatmeal but when I took it before brown rice or
sweet potatos I would have stomach problems and I was only dosing 3 caps a day.
Most of the reviews that I have read about Glycobol have been pretty good but almost
everyone talks about stomach issues on this supplement thats why I have waited to se
some more reviews on this product. If anyone else has tried this supplement I would
love to hear you feedback. Thank you.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I also want to try glycobol but I want to know the best way to dose it. I get up at 5am
and I take my supps that I need to take on an empty stomach and then 30 min later
I drink a protein shake that consists of 45 grams of protein and 30-35 grams of carbs
from glyco-maize should I take my preworkout dose of glycobol with the shake or should I take it on an empty stomach and should I add another scoop of glyco-maize to get
60 to 70 grams of carbs. I also want to know if I should take a dose with my post shake
and should I up the carbs on that shake also. When I do try the Glycobol I will only try
1 cap at a time four times a day because when I used AP from USP labs I had stomach
issues when I used that product . The only time AP didn't bother my stomach was when I took it 15 minutes before a bowl of oatmeal but when I took it before brown rice or
sweet potatos I would have stomach problems and I was only dosing 3 caps a day.
Most of the reviews that I have read about Glycobol have been pretty good but almost
everyone talks about stomach issues on this supplement thats why I have waited to se
some more reviews on this product. If anyone else has tried this supplement I would
love to hear you feedback. Thank you.
Do not take glycobol after the shake, take 1 cap of glycobol 25-30 minutes prior to the shake with 30g of carbs. Honeslty I have never experienced stomach issues with glycobol, but everyone is different. Take 1 cap 25-30 minutes prior to ANY meal containing CARBS.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do not take glycobol after the shake, take 1 cap of glycobol 25-30 minutes prior to the shake with 30g of carbs. Honeslty I have never experienced stomach issues with glycobol, but everyone is different. Take 1 cap 25-30 minutes prior to ANY meal containing CARBS.
Good advise. Start this way then you can play around with the dosages. WWe are finding that each person has a different way of dosing it that they are comfortable with.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I think I need to give the trial size A shot, I am extremely on the fence about this type of stuff as no nutrient repartioner has ever done much for me. For those of you who used it it, is the general concensus that you can tell results within the 1st week? (as in, if I got a sample bottle, would I be able to tell a difference?)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I need to give the trial size A shot, I am extremely on the fence about this type of stuff as no nutrient repartioner has ever done much for me. For those of you who used it it, is the general concensus that you can tell results within the 1st week? (as in, if I got a sample bottle, would I be able to tell a difference?)

Trail bottle is the way to go. There are a few more logs going check them out.:)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so it is enough product that I could more than less feel it working in a weeks time?
Most people feel the effects in the 1st few days. You will not get the disired effects that you would have after a full cycle but it will let you know how well you tolerate it and get the best dosage down as well as feel the effects.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I felt the effects. Pumps in the gym, nutrient repartitioning, leaning.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I felt the effects. Pumps in the gym, nutrient repartitioning, leaning.
Fantastic. Thanks for the review. Sounds like you responded well. Have you used any similar products before?

Claymore

Awards
Been thinking of adding this to my Dymethazine/Tren pct.

PCT is currently nolva and lean xtreme.

Would this aid in shredding me a bit more while keeping muscle mass?
Product looks sick.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
It should lean you out while giving strength gains. It allows you to eat more carbs than you would without it...I don't think you can get fat on it honestly.

Diet should be in check, utilize those carbs.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been thinking of adding this to my Dymethazine/Tren pct.

PCT is currently nolva and lean xtreme.

Would this aid in shredding me a bit more while keeping muscle mass?
Product looks sick.
This should work very well in your planned pct.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
J,

That doesn't exactly mean it "cleans out the liver".

http://www.livestrong.com/supplement/303-berberine/

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/301639/jaundice

I really don't see how increasing bile and bilirubin could possibly be a good thing.

If you Google "Over production of bile" you will get many results describing symptoms of various liver diseases and conditions.

"When the liver has broken down harmful substances, they are excreted into the bile or blood. Bile by-products enter the intestine and ultimately leave the body in the feces. Blood by-products are filtered out by the kidneys and leave the body in the form of urine."

Thats from this,

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_digest/liverant.cfm

One of the main functions of the liver,

"production of bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion"

So if Berberine over stimulates this production and increases the amount of bile how could that be a good thing?. Don't say - "well than it carries away more waste and breaks down fats better". More isn't a good thing in this situation.

I'm not sure the body would be able to tell the difference if you had increased bile production and bilirubin from Berberine or from an actual problem in liver. Now if it doesn't know the difference its going to react the same way if there was an actual problem. That can't be good!.

I may be biased. I had liver problems in the past.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That doesn't exactly mean it "cleans out the liver".

http://www.livestrong.com/supplement/303-berberine/

I really don't see how increasing bile and bilirubin could possibly be a good thing.

If you Google "Over production of bile" you will get many results describing symptoms of various liver diseases and conditions.

"When the liver has broken down harmful substances, they are excreted into the bile or blood. Bile by-products enter the intestine and ultimately leave the body in the feces. Blood by-products are filtered out by the kidneys and leave the body in the form of urine."

Thats from this,

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_digest/liverant.cfm

One of the main functions of the liver,

"production of bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion"

So if Berberine over stimulates this production and increases the amount of bile how could that be a good thing?. Don't say - "well than it carries away more waste and breaks down fats better". More isn't a good thing in this situation.

I'm not sure the body would be able to tell the difference if you had increased bile production and bilirubin from Berberine or from an actual problem in liver. Now if it doesn't know the difference its going to react the same way if there was an actual problem. That can't be good!.

I may be biased. I had liver problems in the past.
There have been zero report of any liver problems from Glycobol. Sorry to hear about you liver problem. I hope all is well.

acwingfoot

Awards
Dosing:
Workout days: 2 caps per each large meal (50-100G CHO) Twice a day, 2 Pre-Workout.

So am I getting this confused or was your dosing protocol on workout days .. 6 caps : 2 with each large meal + 2 Preworkout + 2 Bedtime = 6 caps? and non-workout days you were throwing down 4 pills: 1 (2x) throughout the days with carb meals and then 2 before bedtime =4 caps? I just bought a bottle and looking for dosing ideas . thanks

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosing:

So am I getting this confused or was your dosing protocol on workout days .. 6 caps : 2 with each large meal + 2 Preworkout + 2 Bedtime = 6 caps? and non-workout days you were throwing down 4 pills: 1 (2x) throughout the days with carb meals and then 2 before bedtime =4 caps? I just bought a bottle and looking for dosing ideas . thanks
If you are talking about Glycobol. I would only take 2 caps twice a day before a carb meal do not need 2 before bed. I would start slow if you have not used it before start with 1 cap twice a day before carb meals fow a few day if you are tolerating it well then go to 2 caps.