trouble staying lean with Glycobol

ultrawaves

Awards
lean bulking right now

stats: 5'10
weight:174
waist: 30
bodyfat:6.5 to 7%

recently came off precontest diet were i reach 5.5 bodyfat at 170 with sharp detailed abs.

my diet in detail is

breakfast: 3 pancakes, 6-8 eggs, 2 glycobols 30 min before meal
2nd meal: protein shake 48 grams
3rd meal: half pound steak
4th meal: chicken breast
5th meal: protein shake 48 grams
6th meal: 2 or 3 red potatoes, 2 glycobols 30 minutes before meal
7th meal: chicken breast or steak or protein shake

i only have 2 real carb meal so didnt think i would have a problem staying lean or keeping my abs as long as i bulk using this strategy. but since i started using glycobol about 4 days ago, my abs are not as sharp but still visable, but I see them starting to slowly dissapear each day. not really have the repartitioning effect i though it would.

im also taking lean xf which is a cortisol suppression, also a testosterone booster reversitol at night before bed, at Maxout which is an AA product.

what am i doing wrong,
the only thing im expriencing is great pumps and mucle fullness, but not of the repartitioning or leaning out effects

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
The one thing I can tell you is to eat sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Also instead of dosing 2 caps with the meals, try 1, it works better for some of my friends who have had bloating issues with glycobol. What type of protein shakes are you using?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Why dont you eat some greens bro throw down some dark leafy greens and water bearing vegetables. That diet is brutally lopsided and very acidic. Your body will keep fat to help buffer the acids as a survival mechanism. This diet is a short term diet and over long terms can be dangerous in my opinion.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I hope with all that meat you take some serious digestive enzymes and some probiotic cultures. Less is more with supps IMO.

ultrawaves

Awards
i eat greens all the time, i just didnt feel a need to include them because there empty carbs so i didnt list it in my diet, so there no need to take glycobal with carbs like spinach or salad which are the greens i eat.

to the other guy "gifted" your comment in regards to less is more with the glycobol, i completely agree, but understand i take the supp as the directions states which is 2, what is reconmended.

on the comment in regard to sweat potatoes, i'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes in all honesty i tried it a month ago and couldnt stomach it

i really dont eat regular potatoes, i eat red potatoes which i believe where better then regular protatoes, i though red potatoes did not obsorb as fast a regular potatoes, Red Potatoes are complex carbs like oatmeal and sweet potatoes,

what if i switched to brown rice would that make a difference, i'll try taking 1pill and see how that goes.

also im eat 2 red potatoes, which are small, and my around maybe 25 grams of carbs each even though i think there more around 20 grams of carbs each

any more suggestions would help

as far as my diet is concerned, that diet minus the carbs is what got me to 5% percent bodyfat and i used this diet for about 6 months straight and im very healthy.
this is the same diet ill use to lean bulk just with the added carbs,

ultrawaves

Awards
forgot the type of protein i use is called myofusion, its made by gaspari
its 80%whey 20%caisen. pretty good too in taste

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
forgot the type of protein i use is called myofusion, its made by gaspari
its 80%whey 20%caisen. pretty good too in taste
That protein is good, stick with it. Yes, brown rice will make a difference since it has a MUCH lower GI index as compared to white rice, and as the others stated 1 glycobol with each meal, I have a friend that is a pro bb, and he has to use 1 stay dry and not bloat. You have to remember you just came off keto, which means carbs will really hit and spike your insulin levels, potatoes have horrible effects on insulin levels. Pm me if still puzzled.

G Force

Banned
Awards
The difference between sweet potatoes and regular potatoes is minimal when it comes to GI. Although to this day, everyone thinks otherwise.

As far as white rice compared to brown rice, don't stress over that either. The glycemic index doesn't have to do with the color. It has to do with the size of the grain (long grain, medium grain, short grain). The shorter the grain, the higher the glycemic index due to the increased amylopectin content.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
The difference between sweet potatoes and regular potatoes is minimal when it comes to GI. Although to this day, everyone thinks otherwise.

As far as white rice compared to brown rice, don't stress over that either. The glycemic index doesn't have to do with the color. It has to do with the size of the grain (long grain, medium grain, short grain). The shorter the grain, the higher the glycemic index due to the increased amylopectin content.
See bro I actually study this for a liviving, do not just google potatoe, actually get some research on it, and you will see due to its starchy base, it craps on ones insulin levels. White rice whether short, medium, or long still is 40 points higher than brown, that alone tells me everything I need to know. The main reason this guy is experiencing problems, is the fact that his body is super sensitive to carbs, so even cleaner carbs will give him a bit of a problem. Yes potatoes, rice, yams, platains exert plenty of amylopectin, regardless as I said before there is a difference in having a lower to higher GI index based diet.

G Force

Banned
Awards
See bro I actually study this for a liviving, do not just google potatoe, actually get some research on it, and you will see due to its starchy base, it craps on ones insulin levels. White rice whether short, medium, or long still is 40 points higher than brown, that alone tells me everything I need to know. The main reason this guy is experiencing problems, is the fact that his body is super sensitive to carbs, so even cleaner carbs will give him a bit of a problem. Yes potatoes, rice, yams, platains exert plenty of amylopectin, regardless as I said before there is a difference in having a lower to higher GI index based diet.
I'm guessing that with all your time studying the nutrition textbooks, you have yet to wipe the dust off of your English books.

First off, the glycemic index is practically useless unless you're consuming that particular food by itself. You should be thinking in terms of glycemic load. When combining a type of food with another and so on, the GI is void.

As far as white potatoes compared to sweet potatoes, the vitamin and mineral content differ in many ways. However, they're pretty much the same.

As far as rice is concerned, there are certain types of white rice that have a higher GI than certain brown rice. Most white rice is enriched anyways, so vitamins are put back into it. The difference is negligible.

I do think it's a good rule of thumb for lay people to try to stay away from white foods, no doubt.

-Force

ultrawaves

Awards
so your saying just stick to brown rice and ditch the red potatoes

ultrawaves

Awards
taking one glycobol has been working alittle better,

also after workout i took 2 today before eating 4 pancakes and 4 eggs so well see how that works out.

didnt have enough time to cook brown rice today but i will tomarrow, i will ditch red potatoes after i cook the rice tomarroe and see what kind of difference it makes.

should i take gylcobol before cardio as well, although im bulking this is an lean bulk so i will try to do 20 minutes of cardio at least 5 times a week.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
taking one glycobol has been working alittle better,

also after workout i took 2 today before eating 4 pancakes and 4 eggs so well see how that works out.

didnt have enough time to cook brown rice today but i will tomarrow, i will ditch red potatoes after i cook the rice tomarroe and see what kind of difference it makes.

should i take gylcobol before cardio as well, although im bulking this is an lean bulk so i will try to do 20 minutes of cardio at least 5 times a week.
Personally I do not recommend jogging, you will get better results with doing sprints of 40-60 yrds. Could take glycobol for endurance, but give it 1.5-2 hours to fully settle in the system(maximizing glycogen resynthesis).

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey ultrawaves I have a question for you.How is MAXOut working for you?How are you dosing it and how long have you been taking it?Also how are your gains?

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Andrew knows his stuff. I got great results with just dosing one cap at a time.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Andrew knows his stuff. I got great results with just dosing one cap at a time.
A lot of people do just fine with 1 cap. Best thing to do is play with the dosages to find out what your comfortable with.:)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people do just fine with 1 cap. Best thing to do is play with the dosages to find out what your comfortable with.:)
I agree as well.

Dosage and timing for me was critical. I believe less was more for me. I also dosed closer to meal time.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
I am currently using 1 cap at a time, but when I know I will have a meal with higher carb level than I usually am having I will up it to 2. Also, thinking about picking up some of the bulk pslin with the good deal and using that with my pre and post meals.