Trans-Resveratrol content of Stoked?

Boris

Awards
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Trans-Resveratrol 50% 600mg

Does that mean that each 2 capsule serving has 600mg at 50% concentration, giving 300mg of Trans-Resveratrol, or does it mean that it has 1200mg at 50% concentration giving 600mg of Trans-Resveratrol?

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's a stupid question, but I'm trying to compare dosage/pricing with pure Trans-Resveratrol products, and they always give figures for both the total amount and the amount of Trans-Resveratrol within that, so it's clear which way round it works.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established

Boris, you also have to take in account that other ingredients in STOKED are their to make it more bioavailable. Trans-Resveratrol as a very short life once ingested. Anyone please, correct me if I am wrong.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Boris, you also have to take in account that other ingredients in STOKED are their to make it more bioavailable. Trans-Resveratrol as a very short life once ingested. Anyone please, correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct Quercetin helps with this.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not oly does it help with it but it is also a nutrient repartioner, certain analogs or quercetin are found in DS glucophase i believe and works quite well. this is another advantage to these ingredients in stoked!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not oly does it help with it but it is also a nutrient repartioner, certain analogs or quercetin are found in DS glucophase i believe and works quite well. this is another advantage to these ingredients in stoked!
Right on bro.:)

Boris

Awards
From reading about the subject in other places, there seems to be some debate about whether Quercetin does have a net positive effect on Resveratrol consumption. I'm no expert, so am just reciting what I have read elsewhere, but what I have read is that Quercetin does indeed improve bioavailability of Resveratrol, BUT at the same time a metabolite of it may inhibit SIRT1, whereas one of the aims of consuming Resveratrol is to activate SIRT1. As the mice in the studies that got people excited consumed only Resveratrol, not Quercetin, some people are of the opinion that it is best to just go with what the mice consumed unless future studies show it to be better to consume something else.

So, having consumed quite a few bottles of Stoked, I'd like to try a straight Resveratrol product to compare the results I get. I'm guessing most people here use themselves as guinea pigs to answer this sort of question.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From reading about the subject in other places, there seems to be some debate about whether Quercetin does have a net positive effect on Resveratrol consumption. I'm no expert, so am just reciting what I have read elsewhere, but what I have read is that Quercetin does indeed improve bioavailability of Resveratrol, BUT at the same time a metabolite of it may inhibit SIRT1, whereas one of the aims of consuming Resveratrol is to activate SIRT1. As the mice in the studies that got people excited consumed only Resveratrol, not Quercetin, some people are of the opinion that it is best to just go with what the mice consumed unless future studies show it to be better to consume something else.

So, having consumed quite a few bottles of Stoked, I'd like to try a straight Resveratrol product to compare the results I get. I'm guessing most people here use themselves as guinea pigs to answer this sort of question.

the thing is people dont inly comsume Resveratrol because its a SIRT1 agonist (which works with the body for fat burning and for its longevity purposes) they consume it for its mixed agonistic and antogonistic effect on the ERa and ERb to increase test levels. Quercitin helps with this. i however have not personally seen the study refering to quercitin that way, one of the problems is that quercitin may gedt metabolized before it activates and inhibits the SIRT1 enzyme.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the thing is people dont inly comsume Resveratrol because its a SIRT1 agonist (which works with the body for fat burning and for its longevity purposes) they consume it for its mixed agonistic and antogonistic effect on the ERa and ERb to increase test levels. Quercitin helps with this. i however have not personally seen the study refering to quercitin that way, one of the problems is that quercitin may gedt metabolized before it activates and inhibits the SIRT1 enzyme.

and since i havent seen the studies on it the longevity and fat burning effects of it still stand.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
All I have to say results speak for themselves, all what has been discussed in this thread is true, regardless 600mg of trans-reservatrol is plenty and not all its metabolites will be diminished, quercetin also offers anti-oxidative properties. There are more studies that have to be done with piperine/quercetin and interference of SR-1T activity.