Sneak peak at Anabolic Designs new product!!!!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
You may or may not know that Anabolic Designs are about to bring out a brand new product.

I thought I'd give a little insight to one of the main ingredients, and will post more details as and when they are released!

So we’re all aware that amino’s are the building blocks of muscle. Some amino’s are more commonly known than others. Examples of these include L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-Isoleucine (the three BCAA’s). Other Essential Amino Acids (EAA) are also common household names; L-Glutmaine, L-Taurine, L-Arginine, and the list goes on.
One you don’t hear a lot about is A-alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid more commonly known as HICA.

HICA is the most recent amino acid to be surrounded with new research relating to augmented muscle development.

During metabolism the Amino Acid L-Leucine is broken down into smaller components. These smaller components are known as ‘metabolites’ of the original compound. HICA is a metabolite of the Amino L-Leucine.

HICA is present when Leucine is burned within the muscle cells. HICA then signals the need to increase the muscles anti-catabolic processes. Recent studies from a Finnish university can be seen below.

In short, those athletes supplementing with HICA added more lean mass and less fat than those athletes not supplementing with HICA. The athletes supplementing with HICA also reported that their muscles were less sore following exercise.

So the studies show athletes using HICA benefited from increased recovery and increased protein synthesis, something we all aim to achieve when training!

Currently there are a limited number of products available on the UK market which contain HICA. However, HICA is due to feature in the NEW Anabolic Designs product – AminoTaur.

”Anabolic Designs AminoTaur will be available in the near future. This product is an absolute must for any athlete who is serious about adding lean muscle and combatting catabolism!”

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting....seems like I have seen HICA recently surface in another supp as well....hmmmm :scratchchin:...in for more...

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Interesting....seems like I have seen HICA recently surface in another supp as well....hmmmm :scratchchin:...in for more...
Yeah, It seems to be emerging in a couple of products at the moment, but there are not many about. This will have a number of other ingredients so it will differ from other HICA related products. Unfortunatly even I don't know about the rest of the product! But will keep you updated....

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting product. What does HICA stand for anyways?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think I heard of this somewhere...? I remember researching that HICA stuff...
Well good job in getting it in a product!!!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Interesting product. What does HICA stand for anyways?
Its full name is DL-alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid

is this like the new HMB?
I'd say its definately similar, as they are both metabolites of leucine (If I'm correct).

i think I heard of this somewhere...? I remember researching that HICA stuff...
Well good job in getting it in a product!!!
You may well of done, It is an upcoming ingredient, which is likely to start popping up here and there. But Anabolic Designs Aminotaur, will not only feature this highly antipated ingredient, it will also feature an array of other ingredients, making it an ideal intra-workout supplement.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
i liked HMB,

If this is like it, itll have to be dosed numerous times a day, and fairly high dosed per day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i liked HMB,

If this is like it, itll have to be dosed numerous times a day, and fairly high dosed per day.
I have a friend who swears by HMB during dieting. He tells me though it used to be around 10x cheaper though. Any idea if the raws are THAT much more now? (versus around 10 years ago on this product)

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
raw prolly cheaper now.. however...

could go either way, the demand for leucine went up so to i assume make hmb from leucine that in demand would prolly make it a more expensive product?

ill search.

I really liked HMB

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Here's the latest information with regards to Aminotaur!;

As part of its performance blend, it will include 5g of HICA, Leucine, Iso-Leucine, Valin, L-Carnitine, L-Tartate and AAKG. To increase endurance, recovery, growth, blood flow and fat metabolism!!

There will also be a 'mental focus' blend included in the product, which will be released soon!

I will also say that unlike most products being in a 30 serving tub, this will inlclude 45 servings.

Stay tuned for more information!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Here's the latest information with regards to Aminotaur!;

As part of its performance blend, it will include 5g of HICA, Leucine, Iso-Leucine, Valin, L-Carnitine, L-Tartate and AAKG. To increase endurance, recovery, growth, blood flow and fat metabolism!!

There will also be a 'mental focus' blend included in the product, which will be released soon!

I will also say that unlike most products being in a 30 serving tub, this will inlclude 45 servings.

Stay tuned for more information!
5g total or 5 g of each?

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
It'l be in total, but I'm not sure of the breakdown of the blend. I will post further details when released.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
youll need ATleast 1.5g of HICA in there. to correlate to studies.

carnitine in essence for a daily dose your looking at 900-1200mg. AAKG for me is absolutely worthless, i never use products with Arginine Period.

defintely look into replacing that with something else. Maybe a lactate buffer.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
youll need ATleast 1.5g of HICA in there. to correlate to studies.

carnitine in essence for a daily dose your looking at 900-1200mg. AAKG for me is absolutely worthless, i never use products with Arginine Period.

defintely look into replacing that with something else. Maybe a lactate buffer.
I'm just the messenger! I have no input with formulation etc....

As the information gets filtered through, I will keep updating.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmmmmmmmmm

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Interesting

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
This product will also feature 'Aminotaurs Lazer Focus Blend' which will include;

Green tea extract (Non caff) Bacopa monniera, Ashwaganda root, Huperzine A and Tyrosine. Designed to give a proper mental focus, mind to muscle connectivity and alertness.
This will also be a non-stimulant blend.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read something about a new species of dinosaur that shoots lasers....
No but really, I am intrigued. Anything else you can tell us?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is going to be a powder drink....or caps...? for preWO or intra?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Pretty sure he mentioned "tub" so I'm assuming powder

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
This product will also feature 'Aminotaurs Lazer Focus Blend' which will include;

Green tea extract (Non caff) Bacopa monniera, Ashwaganda root, Huperzine A and Tyrosine. Designed to give a proper mental focus, mind to muscle connectivity and alertness.
This will also be a non-stimulant blend.
love the addition of hup A with tyrosine.

looks like a great formula, too bad it has arginine,

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
It will be in powder form, and is designed at intra-work out.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
What do you hate about Arginine so much?!!
never worked for me, needs a highish dose which lowers the amount of other ingredients that are more usefull and work much better. l Doesnt do anything for me in terms of pump.

supposedly messes with methylation processes in the brain and reduces lysine levels (ketogenic immune boosting leucine saving amino acid). (have article somewhere on other computer about methylation process).

over hyped, in almost every pre workout there is. and cheap enough to add it in on your own on the side where its not in a prop blend so you know how much to take.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
What do you hate about Arginine so much?!!
The fact that in reality it doesn't do what it was advertised to do. This has been shown it seems in study after study. DS even went as far as to say it can actually make your training worse. It has no place in a preworkout product, let alone an intra workout product. Just a very odd choice considering the wisdom of the rest of the formula.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
What sucks is arginine is garbage and super cheap, so every company makes a prop blend preworkout and loads it full of 99% arginine.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What sucks is arginine is garbage and super cheap, so every company makes a prop blend preworkout and loads it full of 99% arginine.
I don't mind seeing arginine in the mix, as long as it's lower dosages. It can help with ED and at low dose it doesn't hurt to take it with the "supposed" health benefits. But at a higher dose, FL3X is gonna be fl3xing his bowels in the toilet all day lol. I read that higher doses can be toxic, didn't believe it...now I do.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found this elsewhere...looks great, AD...hook.us.up! :)

AMINOTAUR
This is Anabolic Designs newest product. Here is a collation of the information so far!

Amount per serving -
1 scoop = 6.5g
45 servings per container
AMINOTAUR - Performance Blend: Endurance, recovery, growth, blood flow enhancement, fat metabolism!
5g - AAKG, leucine, L-Carnitine L-Tartate, HICA, Isoleucine, Valine
AMINOTAUR- Lazer Focus blend: Focus non stim- Mind to muscle connectivity and alertness; a true athletes product!
Tyrosine, Green tea extract (Non caff) Bacopa monniera, Ashwaganda root, Huperzine A
So we’re all aware that amino’s are the building blocks of muscle. Some amino’s are more commonly known than others. Examples of these include L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-Isoleucine (the three BCAA’s). Other Essential Amino Acids (EAA) are also common household names; L-Glutmaine, L-Taurine, L-Arginine, and the list goes on.
One you don’t hear a lot about is A-alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic acid more commonly known as HICA.
HICA is the most recent amino acid to be surrounded with new research relating to augmented muscle development and reduced muscle soreness.
During metabolism the Amino Acid L-Leucine is broken down into smaller components. These smaller components are known as ‘metabolites’ of the original compound. HICA is a metabolite of the Amino L-Leucine.
HICA is present when Leucine is burned within the muscle cells. HICA then signals the need to increase the muscles anti-catabolic processes.
In short, athletes supplementing with HICA added more lean mass and less fat than athletes not supplementing with HICA. The athletes supplementing with HICA also reported that their muscles were less sore following exercise.
Athletes using HICA benefited from increased recovery and increased protein synthesis, something we all aim to achieve when training!
There seems to be a few HICA products emerging recently but currently there are a limited number of products available on the market which contain it. However, HICA features in the NEW Anabolic Designs product – AMINOTAUR.
Anabolic Designs AminoTaur will be available here in the near future. This product is an absolute must for any athlete who is serious about adding lean muscle and combatting catabolism!​

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Interesting, in to follow on this.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There won't be much following to do.

AD have had a very low forum presence for the last few months. So much so that I emailed them to let them know.

I didn't even receive a reply!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see they hang out mostly on bb...they've forgotten us <wipes a tear>

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leucine

just as potent and UBER cheaper

I have a friend who swears by HMB during dieting. He tells me though it used to be around 10x cheaper though. Any idea if the raws are THAT much more now? (versus around 10 years ago on this product)

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. I know things have been quiet for a while but things behind the scenes needed addressing and also as Anabolic Designs had a smaller team then time needed devoting in areas where we could grow quicker first. The CEO has done a lot of hard graft over the last twelve months and Anabolic Designs is now growing rapidly and we will have more of a presence on the forums as well as facebook (as this will be the place where people will hear about new news first). I am looking forward to now being a big part of this and many other communities to help bring AD forward in the right manner.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best of luck to y'all ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe repost BOTH formulas? ;)

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Maybe repost BOTH formulas? ;)
Heres the AminoTaur Formula -

Amount per serving -
1 scoop = 6.5g
AMINOTAUR - Performance Blend: Endurance, recovery, growth, blood flow enhancement, fat metabolism!
AMINOTAUR- Lazer Focus blend: Focus non stim- Mind to muscle connectivity and alertness; a true athletes product!
Tyrosine, Green tea extract (Non caff) Bacopa monniera, Ashwaganda root, Huperzine A

The MATADOR formula you can find in this thread here - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-designs/199133-new-anabolic-designs.html

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers. :)

What are your thoughts on the Aminotaur and MATADOR profiles if you don't mind me asking?
Have you been using Aminotaur at all Mick? feedback? profile lends itself nicely to toss in a serving of it preWO...

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Have you been using Aminotaur at all Mick? feedback? profile lends itself nicely to toss in a serving of it preWO...
I haven't as of yet mate. It is fairly new and samples at the moment are going to expo's and such but hopefully within the next month i will be getting hold of some and the MATADOR too.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice. Is that a prop blend? Curious on the leucine content.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Very nice. Is that a prop blend? Curious on the leucine content.
Yes it is a blend and obviously i cannot divulge the actual amounts in the blend. I can say though that Anabolic Designs use only quality raws in all their products. :)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it is a blend and obviously i cannot divulge the actual amounts in the blend. I can say though that Anabolic Designs use only quality raws in all their products. :)
Thanks.
Being the second ingredient listed I am sure it is a good amount. Works for me!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me likes Amino Taur Lazer Focus blend!
:D

Heres the AminoTaur Formula -

Amount per serving -
1 scoop = 6.5g

The MATADOR formula you can find in this thread here - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-designs/199133-new-anabolic-designs.html