Warren 1987 Gets Ripped For Summer!!!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
So, it's come to that time of year where I try to strip away the fat that I've gained after 6-9months of bulking. I've taken a different approach to last year where I went T-Total on carbs and have opted to keep carbs low on non-training days and then marginally increase them on training days to get me through my workouts. I've had a lot of help from Team Anabolic Designs and am optimistic that I'll get the results I deserve this year. I have a few goals:

- Drop to single digit bodyfat readings
- Increase Vascularity
- Have a visible and defined abdominal area
- Enjoy the taste of black coffee

I have a holiday booked in July so this is the longterm goal to be in the best shape of my life for this and go from chunky to hunky in just 12 weeks! I expect to lose between 1.5-2 stone of bodyweight all of which I'm hoping will be fat

Below is my diet and training routine as well as various stacks that I'm going to be running during the competition.

DIET

70g oats P=8g C=42g F=5g
2 scoops MyoFusion P=50g C=10g F=6g
1 large banana P=1g C=31g F=0g
Mineral water 350ml-500ml no calorific value

175g turkey breast deli meat P=30g C=7g F=3g
10g extra light mayo P=0g C=1g F=0g
1 tortilla wrap P=4g C=35g F=3g

2 scoops MyoFusion P=50g C=10g F=5g
1tbsp EVOO P=0g C=0g F=9g
350ml-500ml water no calorific value

200g chicken P=47g C=3g F=4g
Mixed salad (pepper/lettuce) P=0g C=2g F=0g
50g Broccoli P=3g C=3g F=0g

175g Chicken P=40g C=3g F=4g
60g Brown Rice P=4g C=42g F=2g
Mixed Peppers P=0g C=1g F=0g
1 tbsp EVOO P=0g C=0g F=9g

-WORKOUT NUTRITION-
0.5 scoops Size On Max Performance (DURING) P=3g C=20g F=0g 92kcals
1.5 scoops IntraPro (IMMEDIATELY POST WORKOUT) P=37g C=7g F=5g 196kcals

6. POST WORKOUT MEAL (60-90minutes after I train)
250g Extra Lean Mince Beef P=52g C=0g F=10g
1 medium white potato P=3g C=36g F=0g
50g Broccoli P=3g C=3g F=0g

7. PRE BED MEAL

2 scoops MyoFusion P=50g C=10g F=5g
Mineral Water 350ml-500ml no calorific value

Totals: P=385g/1540kcal C=266g/1064kcal F=88g/792kcal 3396 calories total.

-On non training days I propose to drop 20g oats from my first meal saving 10g carbs. Drop the white potato in my post workout meal saving 36g carbs and drop the brown rice from meal 5 saving 42g carbs. This will give me 151g carbs on non-training days cutting calories by 352 on non training days.

STACKS

I'll be running a variety of Anabolic Designs products stacked together to get some amazing results. They are as follows:

Week 1-4: BULLK/TAURO TEST
Week 5-12 TAURO TEST/SHREDABULL

The idea is to gain muscle whilst dropping bodyfat, an idea that is generally ridiculed amongst the bodybuilding fraternity. I'm going to attempt to defy logic by actually gaining muscle whilst dieting by running the PRO-TEST stack for the first 4 weeks and then dramtically changing my body composition with the TRANSFORM STACK. Watch this space for results!

TRAINING

I'll be continually changing my training to keep my body guessing, and using a form of periodisation, I'll train a 4 day split like this:

W1- Chest/Calves/Abs
W2- Legs/Biceps
W3- Shoulders/Forearms/Abs
W4- Back/Triceps

I'll use varying rep ranges and will change these every 4 weeks as I have been doing. Rep ranges will change as following:

Week 1-4: 8-12 reps
Week 5-8: 6-8 reps
Week 9-12: 12-16reps

Training will be a mixture of compound and isolation but during the latter weeks of the challenge and during the evry high rep ranges I will look to use more isolation exercises to really bring definition to the areas I'm targeting.

CARDIO

Noooooo, not cardio!!! A necessary evil unfortunately and one I'm determined to enjoy. As the days are getting brighter my plan is to perform 3-4 30minute SSCV sessions per week. I'll do this by going outdoors for a gentle jog, no faster than 5mph. I'll consume 1 cup of black coffee (yuck!) and do fasted cardio between 5.30am and 6.00am. This will fit in nicely with the first meal of the day. From week 5 onwards I will consume 1 cup of balck coffee and 1 Shredabull capsule.

I think I've covered everything there, it's the second time I've typed this as my computer crashed when I was loading the starting pics the first time round! I'll endeavour to update daily whats going on with my training and diet and am weirdly looking forward to the start of my 12 week transformation. Without further a do, the starting pics...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/1000791.jpg/

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/1000793o.jpg/

Starting Weight: 196lbs
Starting Bodyfat %: 17%

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-TRAINING UPDATE-

Chest/Calves and Ab's Today:

Flat Bench Press:
10@50kg, 8@80kg, 6@90kg, 5@85kg, 6@80kg

Incline Dumbell Press:
10@28kg, 8@30kg, [email protected], 8@30kg, 10@28kg

Tricep Dips:
10@BW, 8@BW, 8@BW, 8@BW

Flat Bench Flyes:
10@16kg, 8@18kg, 8@20kg, 8@16kg, 10kg to failure

Seated Calf Raise:
10@20kg, 8@30kg, 8@45kg, 8@45kg

Cable Crunches:
20@30kg, 20@40kg, 20@50kg, 20@45kg

Workout done.

Diet is hitting me hard, with no appetite suppressant I'm starting to get hunger pangs today especially seeing as I've been training and despite my carbs being higher on training days I'm still feeling a little lethargic. Training went well, already seen a slight dip in strength but this could be down to lack of sleep, I didn't sleep at all well last night only managed 4.5-5 hours, tried to nod back off after visiting work briefly this morning but just led in bed with my eyes closed for roughly 1.5hours. Hopefully with a couple of days rest now and Tauro-Test and BULLK working there way through my system I'll be able to attack training. Was getting a really good stretch in my chest with the increased reps so should see some growth over the next 4 weeks during this rep range. First morning CV session tomorrow morning before work, not looking forward to it but really not looking forward to the black coffee I think zero calorie sweetner could be on the cards.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-DAILY UPDATE-

Right I'm sweating a lot. I don't know whether this is down to dropping water weight in the first few days or so or my body simply adapting to the changes in carbs but I'm finding I'm sweating more at work, this could just be the weather though who knows. Finding the diet so far really hard. Even on training days when I slightly increase my carbs I'm feeling hungry literally 45-60minutes after a meal and am then in agony by the time it comes to my next feed. I'm hoping this all changes over the next few days. Got some really achey pecs after chest yesterday so although the weight was lighter the increased reps are still hammering the target areas which is nice. Not much else to report having a bit of a binge tonight as it's Wrestlemania. For those of you that don't know I'm a giant gay and I looooooveeeee WWE wrestling and any that follow you'll know tonight is THE MOST ELECTRIFYING NIGHT IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!!! As it's only once a year I've got a few pals coming over for some beers and junk food and then I won't be having a cheat meal for the next 2 weeks. I know I'll suffer so early on in the diet and the cravings for food will only become worse after tonight but I'm prepared to take the hit for a bit of wrestling action. Training tomorrow so I'll update how that goes, fingers crossed with all the sugar I consme tonight I should be lifting some heavy poundage!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
TRAINING UPDATE-

Trained shoudlers and forearms yesterday just didn't get chance to update, here's how it went:

Olympic Press (behind head):
10@20kg, 8@50kg, 8@60kg, 6@60kg

Seated Dumbell Press:
8@30kg, 8@35kg, [email protected], [email protected], 8@30kg

Reverse Flyes:
10@5kg, 8@10kg, 8@10kg, 8@10kg dropset 14@5kg

Front Raises:
8@5kg, 8@5kg, 8@5kg, 8@5kg

Forearm Curls:
8@10kg, 8@20kg, 8@30kg, 8@40kg, 6@50kg, 6@40kg, 6@30kg, 6@20kg, 8@10kg

30minutes cardio consisting of 10minutes interval training 20second sprints on the bike at level 20 with 30seconds rest in between, 10 sets of this and then 15mins 4.5mph jogging on the treadmill. Good workout forearms were really pumped after this and the cardio especially the interval training near finished me off.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-DAILY UPDATE-

Today has been a manic day. First day as a store manager today in a new store so it's been a bit chaotic learning the set up of the store and the daily plan so I didn't get a break until 12pm today so 6 hours without food. I ate 2 meals in one go here but couldn't eat all of my 12pm meal after I'd had my turkey wrap. Next break at 3pm so again I ate 2 meals as I knew I wasn't going to get to sit down again until I finished at 8pm. Needless to say I was weary by 7pm and struggling to stay focused. Truly jiggered I've come home eaten my meal and finished off a box of roses with a can of beer to chill out with. So far this week diet is piss poor and I really need to get my act together if I'm going to acheive anything in this contest. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day. I've decided I'm not going to have beef unless it's post workout as I'm just struggling to eat it without any carbs to go with it. I'll switch this for a turkey salad so the protein will be the same and not affect my macro's at all. It'll just mean I actually eat all of this meal instead of either taking 30minutes to eat or binning half of it like I have done today. New day tomorrow, need to get back on track, I've probably put weight on!!!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-DAILY UPDATE-

First off cheers Ash and Rich. Yeah at the end of the day work puts money on the table and pays the bills but it's a pain in the arse not being able to acheive my training goals. However, today has been better. Although not sticking strictly to eating times I've eaten all my meals there or there abouts on time. Only issue I had was the last meal I consumed an hour late which left me feeling weak again. Bloody hard work running a store that I a) don't know anybody in and b) don't know the daily routine yet. It's all a bit manic at the moment. I've got a relatively easy weekend though only in till 12pm tomorrow then Firday off in till 10am Saturday and Sunday off so I've got a lot of time for some R&R and to reflect on the week. Swapping the mince out was a great call today as although it left me with slightly less protein (18g to be exact) I enjoyed the meal more and could eat it quickly. I think in the grand scheme of things it would be beneficial to slightly drop the protein as well as the carbs on non training days, we'll see what the weigh in says on Friday. Fat around my belly has started to become less dense which is a good sign it's beginning to shift. Cardio wise I've not done any since I was in the gym but I did a little random routine for 10minutes which went like this:

-2minute jog on spot
-20 press-up's into 20 star jumps
-30second rest
-repeat

I managed to do this circuit 3 times IIRC all in the comfort of my living room. No idea how many calories I burned but it got my heart going and I was sweating by the end of it so better than nothing I told myself! Weekend will be cardio heavy as last year I fell into the same trap of doing very little and not getting the body I wanted, this year will be different! Expect more posts over the weekend, need to catch up with you all! Peace out...

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-DAILY UPDATE-

So today has been much much better. All meals on time or thereabouts, all consumed happy days. I'm currently slurping down a couple of sample sachets of SciTec Chocolate Coconut and it's like a bounty bar in liquid form. Seriously tasty!!! Highly rate the falvours of this SciTec stuff it's well worth a look in for those that haven't tried it! So yeah generally feeling very upbeat about training tonight, should be training back unless my training partner pulls a face and wants to do something else. Then I'll slap him and we'll do back. 30minutes cardio afterwards and then I'm going to go for my first run of the competition seeing as I have a day off tomorrow. Training update to follow shortly guys

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-TRAINING UPDATE-

Really solid back and tri's session at the gym last night with cardio and core work thrown in for good measure. Had bags of energy despite not having much sleep this week and really powered through. here's how it went:

Rack Pulls:
10@60kg, 8@100kg, 6@120kg, 8@100kg, 8@80kg

Barbell Row:
8@80kg, 8@80kg, 8@80kg, 8@60kg, 10@20kg

Lat Pulldown, widegrip:
8@60kg, 8@70kg, 6@75kg, 8@70kg, 8@45kg, 10@25kg

Straight Bar Tricep Pushdown:
20@20kg, 10@40kg, 8@50kg, 6@75kg, 8@65kg

Skullcrushers into Close grip chest press:
8@25kg, 8@25kg, 8@25kg

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension:
8@20kg, 8@20kg, 8@20kg

-CARDIO-

-5minute fit test warm-up
-10minutes interval training 30seconds sprint at 10mph followed by 30second jog at 4.2mph
-5minute walk at 3.6mph to cool down.

Sweating like a mother after all this the sprints really took it out of me much to my super cardio fit training partners amusement!

-CORE-

Leg Raises:
20, 20, 20, 15

Incline sit-ups:
20, 20, 15

Oblique Crunches (each side):

8@20kg, 8@20kg, 8@20kg

Mega workout done.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-WEEKLY WEIGH IN-

So I've come to the conclusion my scales must be broke as I've lost a fair bit of weight this week! No, joking aside although I've lost over 4lbs this week I'll expect the majority of that is water weight as I've commented during the week my mid section is starting to gain a bit of shape and chest is beginning to harden up. I have also been sweating buckets, first couple of days of the challenge were a nightmare at work! So reasonably plesed so far as this week has been riddled with problems whether that be not getting my meals in on time or missing them and having to double up. I've also had quite an epic cheat day 2 days into the challenge starting so not a bad effort really. I'd now probably expect to lose in the region of 2lbs per week now which should leave me at around 170lbs by the challenge end.

Starting weight:196lbs
Current weight: 191.5lbs

Oldnsweaty

Oldnsweaty

Awards
Man that's great, you've already dropped 4lbs this week. You should be in great shape by the time your vacation rolls around.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, I've used Tauro Test last year and lost a fair amount of BF so interested to see how it works with BULLK.

As you say most of the 4lbs loss will be water weight but it's always nice to lose a decent amount in the first week to give you encouragement to stick to the diet.

How about the next picture updates with a decent paper ;)

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
Hey cheers guys, thanks for jumping onboard my log. I'm assuming at least 2lbs of my 4lbs is water weight and this coming week will be the real tell as if I lose 2lbs and keep this consistent I'll know I'm not burning too much muscle mass away if any. I'll be taking update pictures every 2 weeks so I might just throw them up here so you guys can analyse my progress in a bit more detail. Thanks again for the comments much appreciated!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-TRAINING UPDATE-

Trained chest and Bi's this afternoon, after a few heavy days of cardio I opted to rest my calves but they'll be getting a battering on Sunday when I train legs. Here's how the session went, again felt really strong and despite not having much food before hand (I usually train at night) had loads of energy, could have easily gone on for another hour!

Flat Dumbell Chest Press:
10@30kg, 8@35kg, 6@40kg, 6@40kg, 15@18kg

Weighted Press-Ups:
10@BW+15kg, 10@BW+20kg, 8@BW+25kg, 7@BW+30kg

Incline Dumbell Press:
8@26kg, 8@30kg, 8@30kg, 8@30kg

Overhead Cable Curl:
20@5kg, 8@15kg, 8@20kg, 6@25kg, 2@30kg

Single Arm Cable Curl:
10@15kg, 8@20kg, 8@20kg, 8@20kg

EZ Barbell Curl:
8@30kg, 8@30kg, 8@30kg

Workout done, biceps were really pumped after this session and impressed myself with weighted press ups, the most I've had on my back and pressed for reps before, beat my training partner by 10kg aswell which was a morale boost and I weigh about 20kg more than he does! No cardio tonight as I've had a couple of heavy days at it but I'll fit some in Sunday, I'm determined to get a fasted jog in Sunday AM we'll see if it happens, decided to lie in this morning and catch up on some sleep so no fasted run this morning. This needs to happen!...

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
:UPDATE:

Firstly apologies for the lack of interaction here folks but my PC has once again been struck down which means I'm finding it very difficult to get online and update. I think I last updated on thursday or Friday and work was really getting the better of me. Since then I've had 4 days off work and caught up on a ton of sleep and I'm feeling a lot more relaxed until I go back to work tomorrow lol. The diet has slipped slightly over the past week whether that be not getting meals in on time due to work or sleeping too much and missing meals. However, it's not all bad. Currently sitting at 184.5lbs and I'm feeling much leaner than I was 4 weeks ago. I've had a couple of really good session in the gym this week and aim to get in on Sunday to train legs. Despite the diet not being 100% I'm still lifting really big which I'm putting down to the Tauro-Test/BULLK cycle I'm currently running. whilst dieting last year I got stronger which is whats happening this year, however, I feel really charged through my workouts and there's no sign of lethargy which is what you would expect on a low carb diet. The first two weeks I lost a big chunk of weight but it has since slowed to a steady loss of 2lbs per week. I drop the BULLK and introduce Shreddabull, Anabolic Designs highly potent fat burner and am expecting this loss of 2lbs per week to continue right the way through to challenge end where I should be sat at around 170-175lbs. Visually I look bigger despite losing nearly a stone in weight. Ab's aren't out yet but I have a good shape breaking through and would expect to see some action in the mid-section in the next few weeks. 6pack by BodyPower? Let's hope so. I'll endeavour to get on and post mroe as I'm hoping my PC will be sorted by the end of the week if not it'll be shell out for a new one or opt for a laptop. thanks to all those still tuning in, more to come soon.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Sounding good so far. I know from my experience with Tauro Test it was very forgiving if your diet isn't 100%.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
It's definetly helping me shed fat and harden up, the BULLK has helped with strength focus and aggression in the gym as well. I'll be introducing Shreddabull alongisde Tauro-test as of tomorrow so this is where the ripping starts. 8 weeks time and I expect to be in single digit bodyfat readings. Stay tuned folks :)

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
It's definetly helping me shed fat and harden up, the BULLK has helped with strength focus and aggression in the gym as well. I'll be introducing Shreddabull alongisde Tauro-test as of tomorrow so this is where the ripping starts. 8 weeks time and I expect to be in single digit bodyfat readings. Stay tuned folks :)
Nice. Looking forward to this Warren.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Another poor start to the week from me. The bank holidays certainly haven't played in my favour as I've either been working or the gym is only open for a few hours. Diet is being stuck to as best I can but I'm honestly struggling to eat whilst at work. I'm finding I'm going to work with 6 meals and coming back home with 1 or 2 on a bad day. I just don't have the time to sit down and eat a meal. I'm going to look into a liquid diet for work and maybe take a wrap and 3 or 4 shakes. This isn't ideal and I'd like a bit of feedback on this idea as this is going to be more feasible to do than eat at work. I realise my log has turned into a bit of a downer and I seem to be moaning about work all the time so let's liven it up a bit. Despite all the stress and hardship of life at the moment I'm still leaning up. Have noticed my arms chest and mid-section are looking leaner which is a positive as I've not done any cardio for a week due to time constraints at the gym and the gym not being open etc. Really looking forward to my week off the week after next so I can get some quality rest and training time. Shredabull is really helping with energy as I'm still full of beans first thing in the morning even when I'm up at 4am to get into work I can still leg it round like a madman. Like last year I'm still as strong cutting as I am whilst bulking and this has to be linked to the Tauro-test and it is helping me harden up. I think without these two products I would probably have just wasted away into nothingness by now. Anyway that's all from me, get ready for some positive input, thanks for stopping by :)

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
Well, well, well... what a great end to a half decent week. What's that you say? Positive stuff in Warren's log? No! It can't be...he must be high! Yes high on the lovely cafeine in my coke zero but in all seriousness it's been a good week. Lack of sleep is the only factor currently killing me. Training at the start of the week was none existent but as I've had a couple of early finishes towards the latter end of the week I've made it to the gym twice and tomorrow I'll be going to destroy legs, something I've not done for a couple of weeks. Last night I trained shoulders and it was awesome. 65kg a side on shoulder press followed up by 70kg standing military press. No hint of a shoulder injury so I hit it hard. 65kg a side is an all time PB for 4 reps as well so could really have gone heavier. Got 15minutes of cardio in on the cross trainer after my session and really want to get this in more consistently. I'm starting to lean out but still have some stubborn bottom ab fat which I'm keen to get rid of. The TRANSFORM stack is still keep me charged throughout the day and muust have got me through last nights session and then some. After a 14 hour day I was not expecting to shoulder press nearly twice my bodyweight! I have a couple of days off now so it's some much needed R&R. I've started to settle into work and it's not all mad mad rush rush as I've managed to get my rota's pretty spot on so onwards and upwards as they say, let's finish this challenge strong!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
Training this afternoon wasn't as good as I'd expected it to be. After waking late (which I needed) I pottered about the house and was just generally feeling quite lazy. By the time I got to the gym I only had 30mins before it closed so I had to train smart. Squats are still a big weakness for me and just can't seem to get the weight up. It's 100% my technique and really need somebody to scrutinise this so that I can start hammering my legs in this area. Anyway enough crying, the session:

Squats:
6@60kg, 4@100kg, 6@80kg, 6@80kg I supersetted squats with:

Standing Calf raises:
8@100kg, 8@100kg, 8@100kg, 8@100kg

Hamstring Curls:
6@10kg, 6@15kg, [email protected], [email protected]

Leg Extension:
6@30kg, 6@50kg, 6@60kg, 6@50kg, 6@20kg, 6@15kg, 6@10kg, 6@5kg after the 4th set I decided to drop the weight and run the rack, legs were burning after this!

Forearm curl:
6@20kg, 6@30kg, 6@35kg, 6@35kg

5minutes on the bike just to loosen my legs up a bit, workout done!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Just typed this and the bloody laptop deleted it grrrrr!!!

Anyway, not much to report. Although I've only lowered calories by about 200 this week it's hit my body hard and I'm feeling really hungry all the time. Weird how such a small change can make a dramatic difference to my appetite. I'm hoping to have a lost a bit on tomorrows weigh in although I won't be too bummed if I haven't as work has been really busy again this week. Will be training tomorrow evening and again saturday morning before work so will have more to update then. I have a week off work next week and am really looking forward to catching up on my rest. Will be looking into a liquid meal plan for when I'm at work as eating is still quite difficult. MRP's could be the way forward and I'm looking at trying NAR Products MRP on recommendation. Only other thing to note is I have some painful twinges in my middle back and bottom of my neck. I can only put this down to fatigue but I was in quite a bit of pain after work yesterday. Hopefully my time off will put this niggle to bed. More to come tomorrow after weigh in and training. Stay tuned...

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE- (about bloody time I hear the masses cry!)

So, I've got this week off work and I'm currently loving it. Slept like a baby on Sunday night for 12 hours and again had a really sound 8 hours sleep so I'm feeling refreshed relaxed and full of life. All my meals have been eaten on time and it's just making a real pleasent change to running round a shop like a headless chicken not being able to sit down to eat or drink. Anyway enough ranting. I was let down by an old gym partner yesterday so didn't make training yesterday, lesson well and truly learnt there, get yourself reliable people to workout with! Anyway to today, had my regular partner to train with and we hit chest and bi's and I threw in some calves for good measure. Here's how it went:

Flat Dumbell Press:
8@30kg, [email protected], 6@40kg, 4@45kg, [email protected]

Incline DB Press:
8@30kg, 6@35kg, [email protected], 6@35kg

Weighted Press Up's:
8@15kg, 8@25kg, 8@35kg, 6@35kg

Cable Flyes:
8@15kg, 6@20kg, 6@20kg, 10@10kg

DB Preacher Curl:
6@16kg, 6@18kg, 6@18kg

DB Hammer Curls:
6@18kg, 6@20kg, 4@22kg

Standing Calf Raises:
6@100kg, 6@150kg, 6@180kg, 6@200kg

Finished off with 15minutes on the treadmill at 4.5mph no incline. Nice and steady just to get the heart rate going, I'm going to get some morning cardio in this week and hopefully carry this into next week then if I build up a good momentum. Really enjoyed this mornings session despite being a little lethargic from not training for 5 or 6 days. Feeling good about this week in general as I've got a great opportunity to rest up and get some good food down me. Chowed down on a turkey and avocado wrap after the session and have to say I'm loving the avocado as an addition for some EFA's gives the wrap a nice texture just needs a pinch of salt and pepper and it'll be perfect! Keep training hard guys, I'm back in the race!

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Alls looking well in here Warren.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
Thanks Mick, just need to get the ab's out in the next couple of weeks and I'll be happy!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Hauled ass out of bed this morning and completed my first and last morning cardio session of the diet. Not a pleasent experience and probably could have benefited from more sleep. I jogged for about 40minutes (7songs on my ipod), nothing too strenuous a gentle jog around my village. As I said, moving forward this definetly doesn't fit my lifestyle of working long hours so I'm going to do my cardio last thing at night before bed, I'll trial this tomorrow night and see how I get on but it's more feasible to do it of an evening than a morning for myself. Anyway, aside from that I've had another good day of rest, nutrition has once again been superb and training tonight has been awesome, here's how it went:

Wide Grip Pull Up's:
8, 8, 8, 6

Back Extension:
8@15kg, 8@20kg, 8@25kg, 8@25kg

DB Row's:
8@30kg, [email protected], 8@42kg, 6@42kg

Seated Close-Grip Row:
8@70kg, 8@80kg, 4@90kg, 6@85kg

8@35kg, 8@55kg, 8@65kg, 6@75kg

Overhead Tricep Cable Extension:
8@30kg, 8@35kg, 8@40kg, 8@40kg

Tricep Dips:
8, 8, 8, 8

50 Abdominal Crunches

Workout done.

Felt on fire tonight, I've never felt so strong, tauro-test is working wonders in the strength and aggression department. Could have probably lifted the gym tonight if I'd tried LOL. Just goes to show what a few days of sound rest and nutrition will do for the body! I'm starting to get slight hunger pangs after about 2.5hours of eating due to lowering the cals slightly this week, body is coping well though I'm not feeling weak or light headed or anything like that so I'll more than likely drop them a notch again next week just to keep the losses coming, infact I'll most definetly have to lower them after this weekend at BodyPower where I'll no doubt put back on the 16lbs I've managed to shift so far haha.

Legs day tomorrow and I'm hoping for more of the same from this week. Fingers crossed I hit some more big numbers!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Once again a perfect day for nutrition and rest. Gotta love a week off work. Woke this morning after another nice 8 hours sleep, man I could get used to this :) So, trained legs tonight, something I've not done for a few weeks due to training being all over the place with work in previous weeks so I didn't really know what to expect, I wasn't hoping for miracles but here's how it went:

Hack Squat:
8@40kg, 6@70kg, 6@90kg, 6@100kg

Incline Leg Press:
8@130kg, 6@200kg 6@210kg, 4@210kg

Standing Calf Raise:
10@100kg, 6@180kg, 6@210kg, 6@230kg

Single Leg Hamstring Curl:
6@10kg, 6@15kg, [email protected], [email protected]

Finished off with 20minutes on the stationery bike burnt around 130cals.

Didn't feel particularly charged today, probably down to a bit of apprehension going into legs day but not some bad numbers if I do say so myself. Legs were seriously wobbly afterwards and are starting to ache now while I'm sat here typing this so I'll expect some heavy DOMS over the weekend :) Last session of the week tomorrow before a weekend off so I'm mentally prepping myself for shoulders abs and arms tomorrow evening.

Weigh in to come first thing tomorrow...

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-WEEKLY WEIGHT IN-

For some reason I'd got into my head that I'd hit 180lbs a few weeks ago, god knows where this number came form but I've just trawled back through my weigh in diary and also in here and 183.5lbs was my last weigh in weight. So after seeing that it's put a spring in my step. Weighed in this morning at 182.5lbs, just under actually but I'll round it up not going to delve into decimals LOL! I actually feel bigger which is strange my chest and arms seem to be taking some decent shape and there's some abs under my belly now when I tense so I'm going to work really hard this next 6 weeks to bring some real definition to those. Brings my total loss so far to 13.5lbs so nearly a stone in 6 weeks aint bad going if I do say so myself. I'm going to cut the carbs in my morning shake by ditching the banana and keep oats at 50g on training days and 25g on non-training days, this coupled with a decent amount of cardio this week should see me close down the 180lb barrier. 181lbs by the end of this week would be nice. Here's hoping :)...

Current Weight:182.5lbs
Starting Weight:196lbs
Current Loss:13.5lbs

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
13.5lbs in 6 weeks is great especially as your don't seem to be losing strength.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
Cheers warsteiner, having such a clean diet is definetly helping. My body is running much more efficiently since it's been ripped apart and re-built. It's really making me consider keeping things simple for my bulk and not introducing too many sat fats like cheeses etc. Tauro-Test is always a winner. I love the stuff so good for increasing strength which is exactly what you want on a cut as free test levels deplete as you run your body in a calorie deficit, coupled with Shredabull it really is a winning combination! Anyway, latest training update below:

-UPDATE-

Training was short tonight due to being pulled over by the police for what they called "reckless driving". To cut a long story short I'm not the most patient of drivers and having quite a nippy car I like to put my foot down now and then so when some undercover policeman tries to overtake me coming up to a merging road I sped up. He nearly cut me up and not realising he was police I burnt past the fudger and left him with a windscreen full of diesel soot. That's that I though but no the crazy man decided to race behind me all the way into my gym car park where he got out in full uniform. "OH FUDGE" I thought. Playing the innocent party I fought my corner saying he nearly crashed into me but he pulled the "there's 4 other police officers in that car that will back me up". Basically being a bit of an arrogant idiot. Anyway escaped with a slap on the wrist and being full of tauro-test I was really really up for my workout now. Only had 30minutes so had to make it nice and quick and super intense, here's how it went:

Lat Pull-Down:
8@60kg, 8@80kg, 8@75kg, 8@70kg

Bent Over Barbell Row:
8@45kg, 8@65kg, 8@75kg, 6@75kg

Seated Close Grip Row:
8@60kg, 8@75kg, 8@80kg

Seated Chest Press: (weight is each side)
8@20kg, 8@40kg, 8@50kg, 6@60kg

Incline Dumbbell Press:
8@28kg, [email protected], 8@35kg

Reverse Cable Crossover:
8@10kg, 8@10kg, 8@10kg

Workout done, was going to do cardio tonight when I got home but as I'm off tomorrow I'll do 30minutes when I wake up. I promise

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Well despite coming back from BodyPower 5lbs heavier I've weighed in this morning at 180.5lbs which is a 2lb loss on last week. Woke late this morning as I felt like crap when my alarm went off at 6am for cardio but I'm going to have a scoop of whey and go jogging now for 30minutes. Training update to follow tonight

Starting weight: 196lbs
Current weight: 180.5lbs
Total Loss:15.5lbs

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

No police chases tonight so just training to update you all on :) Had another day off today so had a good lie in, plenty of sleep and started the day with 30minutes SSCV. Been a pretty lazy day to be honest just lazed about the house as per usual but nutrition has been spot on and training tonight went something like this:

Standing Military Press:
8@35kg, 6@55kg, 6@65kg, 2@75kg, 6@70kg

Machine Shoulder Press: (weight is each side)
8@20kg, 6@40kg, 6@50kg, 6@50kg

Lat Raises:
6@10kg, 6@10kg, 6@10kg, 6@10kg

Close Grip Shoulder Press: (weight is each side)
6@15kg, 6@25kg, 6@25kg

Tricep Pushdown:
8@20kg, 6@30kg, 4@40kg, 6@35kg

Close Grip Flat Bench Press:
6@20kg, 6@50kg, 6@70kg, 6@70kg

Overhead Cable Bicep Curl: (weight is each side)
6@10kg, 6@20kg, 6@25kg

Dumbell Bicep Curls:
6@16kg, 6@18kg, 6@20kg

Workout done.

Feeling a slight weakness in my left shoulder tonight from my shoulder injury last year. I'm hoping with a few days rest over the weekend it'll sort itself out. My anterior deltoid has started to twitch randomly which has never happened before so I don't really know what to make of this, still a pretty strong shoulder routine if I do say so myself.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE- (ouch my ass!!!)

Just got back from training legs and my god my glutes are in pain! So a quick update as to what's going on. The mental games of dieting have started to affect me where one day I think I look **** hot and the next day I look lean but with a belly. I know this is all in my head and I'm trying to use the bad days as motivation to do my cardio which I'm starting to get into if I'm honest. Diet has been going well on training days I've switched my banana in my morning shake for a handful of frozen berries but kept the oats at double what I have on a none training day. This is working well and I don't feel I have any less energy for cutting out the carbs in the banana and replacing them with berries. Despite being back at work my diet hasn't been disastrous, I'm managing to get meals in reasonably on time but I've noticed my hunger increasing these past couple of days. Had a cheat on Saturday night, after a manic day at work I picked up a 6 pack of diet cola, a few bags of sweets and a chinese on the way home and scoffed the lot. Quite a controlled cheat for me that On top of work I'm having some issues with my mrs which definetly isn't helping, she's been away for a week and we've hardly spoken which is putting tension on the relationship and since she's been back (as of Sunday morning) we've not spoken or seen each other so I'm a bit pee'd off at present. All fuels the gym sessions anyway, no better pre-workout than rage Anyway enough babbling, this isn't dating.com, here's how my workout went:

Barbell Squats:
10@40kg, 6@70kg, 6@90kg, 6@100kg

Deadlifts: (no straps, barehand)
8@40kg, 6@90kg, 6@110kg, 4@120kg

Dumbell Lunges:
6@10kg, 6@18kg, 6@18kg, 6@18kg

Standing Calf Raise:
10@100kg, 6@150kg, 6@200kg, 6@220kg, 4@240kg

Forearm Curls:
6@20kg, 6@20kg, 6@35kg, 6@40kg, 4@45kg

5 minutes on the cross trainer just to try and loosen my legs a little. I had a bottle of 5 hour energy pre workout just to see what kind of kick it would give. All's it did was made me sweat buckets and increase my heart rate 4 fold so definetly not something you want to give you prolonged energy. They are good for getting you out of bed to do morning CV though! So yeah, legs training. Absolutely monster session. I was reasonably pleasede with my 100kg squat, still need my technique looking at but I was happy. Deadlifts took a lot out of me as they usually do and I was chuffed with 120kg for reps using no lifting aids. Lunges always destroy my glutes and I can really feel it now and probably will do for the best part of the week now. Ouch!!!

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

I know I've not been very active on here the past week as after my split form the ex mrs my heads been a bit up in the clouds with sorting a holiday out and getting money off her etc etc. I've not let you guys down though I have been training hard just not had the opportunity to log it. 3 weeks out and this week has seen me move into the high reps hypertrophy stages of training and boy is it a killer. This has really been a shock to the system pushing out high reps of the highest weight I can manage. Weights sessions have turned into cardio sessions and I've been leaving the gym lifeless but pumped! I'm not expecting wonders form tomorrows weigh in as I've had a few cheats this week but feel my conditioning is coming along nicely. If I can shift this stubborn lower ab fat then I'll look good in my opinion. Here's how tonights workout has faired:

Machine Shoulder Press: (weight is each side)
12@40kg, 8@50kg, 10@40kg, 10@30kg

Rear Delt Raise: (weight each side)
12@5kg, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dumbell Shoulder Press:
12@30kg, [email protected], [email protected], 8@30kg

Side Raises:
12@10kg, 10@12kg, 10@12kg, 10@12kg

Front Raises:
12@5kg, 12@5kg, 10@5kg, 8@5kg

V Bar Tricep Pushdown:
12@20kg, 10@25kg, 10@20kg, 10@20kg

Single Arm Cable Rope Pulldown:
12@15kg, 8@20kg, 10@15kg, 10@10kg

10minutes cardio on the treadmill burning 99calories, workout done.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Some nice workouts Warren.

warren1987

warren1987

Awards
-UPDATE-

Training this week has been awesome. I've had the best pre-workout in the world. Adrenaline and pure rage. I found out on Sunday night my ex girlfriend who left me after being together for 4.5 years had been messing around behind my back so I was ****ing blazing Sunday night. I drove round to hers Sunday night, demanded my house keys back, the rest of the money for the holiday then threw the evidence of her cheating at her shouted all sorts of profanity at her and then finished off by looking her dead square in the eyes and simply saying "if I see him or hear from him, I'll ****ing kill him". I've had a couple of nasty texts back from her after that incident but haven't entertained her with a reply. I've got my keys, my holiday money and for all I care she can go and throw herself off a cliff. Needless to say my workouts have been awwwwweeeesssooommmmeee!!! I trained in a vest on Monday morning for the first time in ages and I was so pumped it was unreal! Anyway it's all about me now, the future is what I make of it so here's todays training:

Back/Triceps

Dumbbell Row:
12@20kg, 12@30kg, 10@30kg, 10@30kg

Seated Widegrip Row:
12@30kg, 12@50kg, 10@60kg, 10@70kg

Barbell Row:
12@50kg, 12@70kg, 10@70kg, 8@70kg

Widegrip Lat Pulldown:
12@50kg, 12@60kg, 10@65kg, 8@70kg

20@30kg, 12@50kg, 12@60kg, 10@70kg

Dumbbell Tricep Extension:
[email protected], 12@10kg, 12@12kg, 10@12kg

Workout done, another awesome rage fuelled workout!!!