How does the hydrolyzed whey isolate taste?

FootBallBeast

Awards
Title... just wondering if it tastes extremely bad, because I'm looking for optimal results and don't want to accidentally waste all my money on a jug.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you may be referring to whey protein hydrolysate. It is very expensive and quite bitter to taste. If you did mean hydrolyzed whey then don't stress. It's cheap and laced with plenty of artificial flavours and sweetners.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
How are whey hydrosylate and hydrolyzed whey any different? I'm pretty sure it's just 2 ways of saying the same thing.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oz

How are whey hydrosylate and hydrolyzed whey any different? I'm pretty sure it's just 2 ways of saying the same thing.
You are correct Oz, it is pretty much just a play on words.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bb

Title... just wondering if it tastes extremely bad, because I'm looking for optimal results and don't want to accidentally waste all my money on a jug.
I have some samps lined up for you, ill add some hydro in there. I definitely want you to try it first.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Incorrect. Hydrolysate and hydrolyzed are two different things.

....The main competitor for the title of best protein is whey isolate, but after reading the following you'll see that it comes in a distant second to hydrolysate. Although you wouldn't have to worry about a catabolic decline in blood aminos with whey isolate, it has its own problems.

Even though it used to be considered very high quality, whey isolate takes more than two full hours to elevate blood amino acid levels so that they reach desired levels (Dangin et al., 2002). Having an absorption time one third longer than hydrolysate, whey isolate will give a smaller peak in amino acid levels and reduced protein synthesis stimulation as shown in Figure 2. In other words, we can have a peak twice as high or one that lasts twice as long for a given quantity of protein ingestion, but we can't have it both ways.

This is taken from an article written by David Barr on PWO nutrition.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so what makes you think hydrosylate and hydrolyzed are 2 different things?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hydrosylate or hydrolyzed protein: A protein that's been broken down into smaller fractions than are in a concentrate or isolate, allowing it to be absorbed into your bloodstream more quickly. However, when it comes to casein hydrosylate, this defeats the purpose, since the benefit of consuming casein is that it's absorbed slowly.

Whey hydroslate is the most expensive but for a reason. It is partially digested and is already broken down into di and tri peptides before it even hits your stomach. This means that it will enter the bloodstream the fastest and is most responsible for producing anabolism when taken directly after your workouts