All The Whey Protein Flavors Review

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Just got my sample pack from Marc (thanks Marc!)

As for the flavors, over the next week I will be reviewing the following flavors from All The Whey:

Whey Flavors
  • Cinnamon Bun Whey Isolate
  • Chocolate Whey Isolate
  • Peaches & Cream Whey Isolate
  • Chocolate Orange Whey Isolate
  • Banana Whey Isolate
  • Vanilla Whey Isolate
  • Banana Whey Blend
  • Orange Whey Blend
**New Flavors added** (Added 04/24)
  • Chocolate Mint Isolate
  • Strawberry Isolate
  • Grape Isolate
  • Grape Whey Blend
  • Pineapple Opti-Blend
  • Vanilla Opti-Blend
  • Orange Opti-Blend
  • Chocolate Orange Opti-Blend
  • Chocolate Opti-Blend
  • Banana Opti-Blend
------------------------------------

Flavor Reviews

For all of the flavors, I will be mixing it with water, as this is what I will be using it with regardless coming out of the gym.

Cinnamon Bun Whey Isolate (added 04/15)
Description: I've been extremely interested in trying out this flavor. I've heard great things about it, and Marc let me know that he'd certainly include it in the sample pack. Smells like a cinnamon bun out of the pack.
Mixable (1-10): 8.5
Flavor (1-10): 9
Taste: Very good taste. It mixed well with water, which is a plus for me. The taste was not overly sweet (being aspartame free), but I could certainly taste the cinnamon and the dough. I really enjoyed this flavor, as I haven't had cinnamon buns in forever (and I LOVE cinnamon buns). The aftertaste is great also, still tastes like gooey cinnamon buns :). Would recommend this flavor to anyone who loves cinnamon buns!
Overall (1-10): 9

Peaches & Cream Whey Isolate (added 04/15)
Description: I have always liked peaches, but have not been to keen on trying things such as peaches & cream. Since I've been sent it though, I will review all of them (because why not, I may find something that I do like)
Flavor (1-10): 8
Taste: The taste was frothy/creamy like a heavy cream with a medium/light peach flavor. Honestly I expected more of a peach flavor, but I am still digging the overly sweet protein, and fat free with 4 mg of cholesterol (and 25g protein) is a GREAT option. I certainly liked the cream flavor, but the peaches flavor should be enhanced in my opinion.
Overall (1-10): 8.5

Banana Whey Blend (added 04/15)
Description: I have never really liked the flavor of banana in my drinks. Kind of a strict "only eat" type flavor. But I will try this, as I was pleasantly surprised by the peaches & cream.
Mixable (1-10): 7 (clumped a bit, but not bad, i just shake in a water bottle though)
Flavor (1-10): 7
Taste: This taste had a bit of a creamy flavor, much like the peaches & cream. It turned the water yellow, which surprised me! The flavor was better than I had expected, and I don't really even enjoy banana flavored beverages. This did clump a little, but as I explained I only shake it in a small water bottle. This could have to do with it. Only had a couple (as in ~2-3) small clumps. Other than that, I actually liked the flavor. If banana is your thing, I would strongly encourage you to try this! The reason my rating is lower is because banana just isn't my thing.
Overall (1-10): 7

Orange Whey Blend (added 04/16)
Description: Orange is another fruity flavor that I received, and decided to try it out! Orange of course turns the water orange (gee ya think i'd of put the pieces of the puzzle together after banana!).
Mixable (1-10): 7 (clumped a bit, but not bad)
Taste: I like the taste of orange, and found this flavor to be tasty as an orange drink. It isn't citrus like, but a nice orange flavor. It is creamy, and I did notice that after using approx 6 oz's of water for one scoop did the trick on bringing the flavor out. Can't wait to try out the chocolate orange flavor next! I am a bit biased though, since I love to have a sweet treat such as chocolate, or cinnamon bun (now) when drinking protein!
Overall (1-10): 7.5

Chocolate Whey Isolate (added 04/16)
Description: I have a sweet tooth for chocolate, and love whey chocolate flavors! I have only been let down once with chocolate, and I have a strong feeling that this will not let me down after trying all the other flavors!
Mixable (1-10): 8.5 (I have figured that the Isolate does mix better than the blend)
Taste: I used ~ 7oz's of water for this, as I like my chocolate flavor rich! The flavor was excellent! I loved the rich chocolate flavor. It is stronger than milk chocolate, but not quite there for dark chocolate (I used to be a dark chocoholic). I still love the rich (can i emphasize that enough?) flavor it gives, and it stays creamy the whole way down! Another favorite found!

Chocolate Orange Whey Isolate (added 04/17)
Description: As said before, I like chocolate and orange, and hope the combination proves to be tasty! The chocolate alone was a treat, and I love chocolate!
Flavor (1-10): 8.5
Taste: I used ~ 6-7oz's of water for this, to make the flavor a bit more rich. Shook it up and tried it out. One thing struck my mind, it tastes almost identical to a mix of the dark chocolate and milk chocolate oranges that you hit to split open! A very nice flavor, does not disappoint!

Vanilla Whey Isolate (added 04/17)
Description: I am also a fan of vanilla, and have been let down by gnc's vanilla protein in water: tasted good in milk, but one problem is that I rarely have access to milk after a work out! So far I have been impressed with all the whey's flavors, so i'm sure this one will be great as well.
Taste: I really liked the creamy flavor to this vanilla! Marcus really wasn't lying when he said they test all of their flavors in water instead of milk! This creamy treat goes down smooth, and clump free. It is similar to melted vanilla ice cream in a bottle, just a little less rich. Thumbs up for vanilla lovers!

--------------------------------------------------------

** NEW ** Flavor Reviews

Mint Chocolate Whey Isolate (added 04/24)
Description: I love chocolate mint flavors, even mint based mojitos (mmm :)) But, lets give mint chocolate a try, I haven't been let down so far!
Mixable (1-10): 9
Flavor (1-10): 10
Taste: I would have to say that this is the tastiest flavor that i've tried! I love the way the mint flavor is bursting out, but not to overpower the chocolate. A perfect blend of both if you ask me. Creamy going down, it isn't too rich (like a milk chocolate mint, not dark chocolate mint, sorry dark chocolate lovers! Try ATW's chocolate orange for a "darker" flavored chocolate!!). I will be ordering this flavor when I need more protein for the summer!
Overall (1-10): 9.5

Strawberry Whey Isolate (added 04/24)
Description: Strawberries were my #1 favorite fruit growing up, and I absolutely love strawberry milk when I get the chance to make some occasionally!
Taste: Mixed pretty good, only a couple small clumps because I didn't have a shaker this time, and used a smaller amount of water (~6oz's). I added a tad bit of water after and it cleared it up. Taste was certainly strawberry, and creamy at that, even in water! Liked the flavor, not too sweet, and certainly not bland by any means! A great taste for the strawberry connoisseur!

Last edited:
ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I will update my first post with my reviews as I try the flavors, just to keep it organized and on top for people to read.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
They have a pineapple flavour that it looks like you missed out on. It was my 2nd favourite after the Cinnabun. The peaches and cream, and chocolate orange are both quite good as well. Nice reviews :)

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
They have a pineapple flavour that it looks like you missed out on. It was my 2nd favourite after the Cinnabun. The peaches and cream, and chocolate orange are both quite good as well. Nice reviews :)
Yeah, i'm looking forward to trying chocolate orange, wish i had some chocolate mint though :D

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ecu

Just got my sample pack from Marc (thanks Marc!)

As for the flavors, over the next week I will be reviewing the following flavors from All The Whey:

Whey Flavors
  • Cinnamon Bun Whey Isolate
  • Chocolate Whey Isolate
  • Peaches & Cream Whey Isolate
  • Chocolate Orange Whey Isolate
  • Banana Whey Isolate
  • Banana Whey Blend
  • Orange Whey Blend
------------------------------------

Flavor Reviews

For all of the flavors, I will be mixing it with water, as this is what I will be using it with regardless coming out of the gym.

Cinnamon Bun Whey Isolate
Description: I've been extremly interested in trying out this flavor. I've heard great things about it, and Marc let me know that he'd certainly include it in the sample pack. Smells like a cinnamon bun out of the pack.
Taste: Very good taste. It mixed well with water, which is a plus for me. The taste was not overly sweet (being aspartame free), but I could certainly taste the cinnamon and the dough. I really enjoyed this flavor, as I haven't had cinnamon buns in forever (and I LOVE cinnamon buns). The aftertaste is great also, still tastes like gooey cinnamon buns :). Would recommend this flavor to anyone who loves cinnamon buns!

Peaches & Cream Whey Isolate
Description: I have always liked peaches, but have not been to keen on trying things such as peaches & cream. Since I've been sent it though, I will review all of them (because why not, I may find something that I do like)
Taste: The taste was frothy/creamy like a heavy cream with a medium/light peach flavor. Honestly I expected more of a peach flavor, but I am still digging the overly sweet protein, and fat free with 4 mg of cholesterol (and 25g protein) is a GREAT option. I certainly liked the cream flavor, but the peaches flavor should be enhanced in my opinion.

Banana Whey Blend
Description: I have never really liked the flavor of banana in my drinks. Kind of a strict "only eat" type flavor. But I will try this, as I was pleasantly surprised by the peaches & cream.
Mixable (1-10): 7 (clumped a bit, but not bad, i just shake in a water bottle though)
Flavor (1-10): 7
Taste: This taste had a bit of a creamy flavor, much like the peaches & cream. It turned the water yellow, which surprised me! The flavor was better than I had expected, and I don't really even enjoy banana flavored beverages. This did clump a little, but as I explained I only shake it in a small water bottle. This could have to do with it. Only had a couple (as in ~2-3) small clumps. Other than that, I actually liked the flavor. If banana is your thing, I would strongly encourage you to try this! The reason my rating is lower is because banana just isn't my thing.
Overall (1-10): 7
Every review I ever read from you guys is extremely accurate. I want to thank you all for spending the time to post your reviews. With the fruit flavors I definitely recommend using less liquid if you desire stronger flavor. Thanx again to all of you for writing your past reviews :)

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
With the fruit flavors I definitely recommend using less liquid if you desire stronger flavor.
I would agree with this. I will be trying less water with the remaining banana and orange fruit flavors.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
updated with chocolate orange and vanilla! Mmm, tasty!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Mint chocolate and strawberry up! Loved both of em!