Current Shipping Turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Matt,
I used to order from ATW all the time, but i haven't lately due to shipping times. I live only 1 hr away so once ups gets it, i get it the very next day. So when i would have to wait up to 20 days to recieve my order it was frustrating and since haven't ordered. I am thinking about giving you guys a shot again, but since i'm low on protein I can't spare time on waiting. What is your current honest turnaround? If its debatable at all, let me know and i'll order from another source, but would like to give you another shot.

tattoopierced1

my last few orders have been there within 4-5 days tops....they've definatly done some improvement in shipping if you ask me.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
The shipping stories have stopped me from ordering from ATW.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
The shipping stories have stopped me from ordering from ATW.
I saw matt online earlier and wander why he didn't post. I want to hear first hand that shipping will be prompt. If i order I will post up time of order and time I recieve.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I saw matt online earlier and wander why he didn't post. I want to hear first hand that shipping will be prompt. If i order I will post up time of order and time I recieve.
Cool. I would be intersted in seeing how only it takes.

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
I placed an order awhile ago and I still do not have it. I call and just get a bunch of BS and people who do not seem to know anything. I have ordered in the past also with hit or miss success. The price is good but I just can not deal with the customer service.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I placed an order awhile ago and I still do not have it. I call and just get a bunch of BS and people who do not seem to know anything. I have ordered in the past also with hit or miss success. The price is good but I just can not deal with the customer service.
Unfortuanate to hear. I decided to go elsewhere instead. When I notice the rep online and fails to answer board questions it makes me second guess my purchase. I know fitnfirm posted a question and it took forever for a rep to even post in ref to that. The prices are up higher than that of name brands now as well. Was really going to give it another go with ATW but i guess customer service hasn't changed a bit.

xcendo

Awards
Yup, same here. Placed an order over the phone 11 days ago, with two shipping days on and following that order date, and was told I'd get an email confirming my order. Never got that email. I emailed customer service, and was told "I'm sure everything will be okay." Thanks for the kind words. I emailed again, no response. I called and was told by a customer service rep that he would e-mail me on the status of my order by the end of the day. No e-mail.

This is a joke.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Yup, same here. Placed an order over the phone 11 days ago, with two shipping days on and following that order date, and was told I'd get an email confirming my order. Never got that email. I emailed customer service, and was told "I'm sure everything will be okay." Thanks for the kind words. I emailed again, no response. I called and was told by a customer service rep that he would e-mail me on the status of my order by the end of the day. No e-mail.

This is a joke.
Sounds so familiar... Did you email matt? I got the same runaround my last order with them and it took over 20 days to get my order from less than an hour away. Back to nutraplanet i go!!

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I was suppost to test/review a product for the woman Matt took over for. She was nice, when I could get a response. She told me numerous times she would send it out. She never did. She gave me plus others the run around. So I never ordered from them. Since then, I continued to hear bad stories about the customer service and shipping delays.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I didn't forget. I promise a good review for the three samples.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I was suppost to test/review a product for the woman Matt took over for. She was nice, when I could get a response. She told me numerous times she would send it out. She never did. She gave me plus others the run around. So I never ordered from them. Since then, I continued to hear bad stories about the customer service and shipping delays.
In Matt's and Laura's defense, I believe they do what they can, but this is def one of the reasons laura left ATW. Just doesn't seem like a smooth operation and seems to be on a downward spiral.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't have to be 'good' per say... just honest. ;)

Thanks!
I know. I didn't mean it that way. Not going to blow sunshine up your skirt. Just ment a comprehensive review. Thanks again for the opportunity.

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
I would like to add I placed a order Friday UPS ground, and emailed asking for a tracking number Monday (1/30/2007) and have not received a email with tracking info yet

Also the email ATW sent me had a link to order/tracking info but the tracking is blank

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I would like to add I placed a order Friday UPS ground, and emailed asking for a tracking number Monday (1/30/2007) and have not received a email with tracking info yet

Also the email ATW sent me had a link to order/tracking info but the tracking is blank
It's only been 1 business day. Calm down..... I'm sure it hasn't shipped yet and thats why no tracking. let's just see how long it takes for you to recieve your order

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
It's only been 1 business day. Calm down..... I'm sure it hasn't shipped yet and thats why no tracking. let's just see how long it takes for you to recieve your order
Im fine. But seeing as though there business hours say M-F 9-5 (7-10 EST) and Saturday 10-5, And the order was placed at around 7:30 AM Friday I would expect that the order would be charged and shipped.

Its not a big deal and it was not for alot of money, but I would like at least a email saying that it was or was not shipped.

R3d

R3d

Awards
Friend ordered from ATW on the 15th. The order did not ship until the 25th and got there yesterday. Two weeks? Ran out of protein 4 days after the order. Should have been there in time.

She also called ATW and the kid that answered was chatting on AOL messenger.

I also took place in their "refer a friend get a free 2lb tub". Still waiting for that freebie to come in.

xcendo

Awards
R3d, your friend did pretty well for dealing with ATW. I just found out 12 days after placing my order that my shipment is backordered, and I only got that information after calling THREE TIMES to speak with the same customer service rep who repeatedly failed to email me after promising to. This was two days after a sales rep falsely told me that my order actually shipped, BTW. But hey, like the e-mail said, they're sure "everything will be okay" and the customer service rep assured me: "Tomorrow I will put your order at the top priority for shipment" once it's off backorder.

Jimmy hat, if I were you, I'd cancel my order before it's shipped, get a refund, and buy from somewhere, anywhere, else. I hate to trash a company, but this one is really going to sh*t and I wish I had listened to the stories before placing my order. God knows this post might knock my order down off "top priority" if the reps take a break from AIM and read their forum...

xcendo

Awards
When you call ATW, you get a sales rep. He takes orders and gives product information, I believe. He will redirect you to a customer service rep to deal with orders and such.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
When you call ATW, you get a sales rep. He takes orders and gives product information, I believe. He will redirect you to a customer service rep to deal with orders and such.
Don't know if your post was directed to me.

I just ment, "Where is a customer rep to clear this up or maybe explain why this is happening?" This type of thread problely doesn't do much for business. I know it doesn't help.

I wasn't bashing them simply explaining why I don't choose to do business with them.

Since this IS a ATW forum, I thought someone would have chimed in already.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
I also had horrible service with them recently. Took around 14 or 15 days to recieve my order. Called once and was assured my order would be there the next day. It never showed... called that day only to get a person telling me they will call me back in five minutes, waited two hours, called back and convienantly no one was there to assist me.

The worst part is that I was 9 weeks out for one show and 10 weeks out for another with zero protein on hand.

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
Well I sent a email saying I wanted to cancel the order just now. Just a simple reply to my email from yesterday would have been fine with me.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Matt,
I used to order from ATW all the time, but i haven't lately due to shipping times. I live only 1 hr away so once ups gets it, i get it the very next day. So when i would have to wait up to 20 days to recieve my order it was frustrating and since haven't ordered. I am thinking about giving you guys a shot again, but since i'm low on protein I can't spare time on waiting. What is your current honest turnaround? If its debatable at all, let me know and i'll order from another source, but would like to give you another shot.
If you give me a heads up on your order I will make sure that it gets priority. When an order has my personal attention there is a 1-2 day turnaround depending on the day of the week. If you order by tomorrow, AND give me a heads up in the comments of your order, I give you my word, it will be out our door on its way to you as soon as the next day. Even if I have to pack it myself!

BTW - where are u 1 hour away from, All The Whey in Paoli?

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established

I was responding to a PM earlier, wasn't on the forum.

Anyhow.....I will give your order my personal attention. Just give me a heads up in an email which order is yours.

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey Matt no offense. But no customer order should require your personal attention to get priority. I happen to work in a pretty good position within a internet based company and we are currently doing about 125k every other day in sales

Our Customers do not have to get in touch with a certain person to get good ,or the companies attention. I would also like to add we do this with 1 customer service person, and about 5 full time order processors.

That same customer service person usually gets emails answered within 2-3 hours during regular business hours.

I have sent 2 emails since monday and I have still not seen a reply.

Last edited:
joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Hey Matt no offense. But no customer order should require your personal attention to get priority. I happen to work in a pretty good position within a internet based company and we are currently doing about 125k every other day in sales

Our Customers do not have to get in touch with a certain person to get good ,or the companies attention. I would also like to add we do this with 1 customer service person, about about 5 full time order processors.

That same customer service person usually gets emails answered within 2-3 hours during regular business hours.

I have sent 2 emails since monday and I have still not heard a reply.
Hit the nail on the head. A person should not have to put in comments or know someone to expect good service. I have since went elsewhere since I didn't get a response for 2 days. Also, your price increases now puts you above your competition once you add in your shipping costs to other retailers shipping costs. I know your doing your best Matt and its not your fault, but maybe you should tell your boss about threads like this one, so he realizes he's losing money due to horrible turnaround. And i'm in Bethlehem, PA. For instance, i ordered protein from a company about 1 hr away yesterday around 1:30pm and my order is on the UPS truck for delivery to me today. Less than a 24hr turnaround, cheaper shipping for a heavier package, more protein for a cheaper price. At one point you had the best prices and the extended shipping times weren't as bad, but they seem to have gotten progressively worse.

theseus

theseus

Awards
Any updates on the shipping problems?

I ususally order 25-50lbs of protein at a time, and would receive it about a week after I ordered it.

This time I ordered 1/21/07 and havent received any ups tracking number or anything.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Any updates on the shipping problems?

I ususally order 25-50lbs of protein at a time, and would receive it about a week after I ordered it.

This time I ordered 1/21/07 and havent received any ups tracking number or anything.
Keep us posted on your shipment and let us know how it pans out.

R3d

R3d

Awards
slipondajimmy and joebo summed it up.

The post "My peeps get priority" pissed me off. I've been meaning to say something about it but didn't want to waste my time.

All of us that have had to wait 2+ weeks should have been #1 on the "priority list" you people are keeping.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
slipondajimmy and joebo summed it up.

The post "My peeps get priority" pissed me off. I've been meaning to say something about it but didn't want to waste my time.

All of us that have had to wait 2+ weeks should have been #1 on the "priority list" you people are keeping.
The odd thing is, back when laura was there, you never had to put anything besides laura in the comments and your order shipped usually same or next day. I know she had said things started to go downhill and thats when she left and everyone started complaining about slow shipping and poor customer service. Something in the company changed around that time to cause her to leave and also for service to go down the ****tter.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I hate to bust on a company but I also ordered a week ago and have yet to get a tracking number or ship confirmation so that pretty much just says my order has not even been packed.....swwweeetttttttt. 10 weeks out from my show and I have only enough protein to last me until the end of the week...:think:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I wander if they cater to their ebay sales first? Maybe thats the best way to order?

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
Funny thing is I just got charged for the order today, after I posted this stuff. But still no tracking info. and the last email I asked to cancel the order.

I figured I would give their product a try, and like I said it was a small order but even if they were to send it "rushed" I will never order from them again

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Funny thing is I just got charged for the order today, after I posted this stuff. But still no tracking info. and the last email I asked to cancel the order.

I figured I would give their product a try, and like I said it was a small order but even if they were to send it "rushed" I will never order from them again
Excellent example of customer service. You ask to cancel your order and then they bill you for it. I have had them bill me before and that does not mean your order is ready to go either. You still may have a few days to wait til it leaves the building. At one point I emailed all the people on their contact pages including the president of the company. Guess what, i got my shipment quick.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Shouldn't AM require their sponsors to at least up hold some amount of customer service? I've seen ATW get kicked off other boards due to this type of poor customer service. I personally would have never ordered had it not been a board sponsor. I think people feel a safety in ordering from a board sponsor since all the others are prompt with responses and go out of their way to provide great service. I personally think that there should be guidelines that sponsors should have to uphold.:duel:

R3d

R3d

Awards
I like how Matt as neglected to chime in on behalf of his company.

Shouldn't AM require their sponsors to at least up hold some amount of customer service? I've seen ATW get kicked off other boards due to this type of poor customer service. I personally would have never ordered had it not been a board sponsor. I think people feel a safety in ordering from a board sponsor since all the others are prompt with responses and go out of their way to provide great service. I personally think that there should be guidelines that sponsors should have to uphold.:duel:
:box:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I like how Matt as neglected to chime in on behalf of his company.

:box:
He has been online for quite some time now with no response to any concerns brought up in this thread.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
- I want to preface this by saying that short of quitting my day job and working at ATW full time just to pack orders, I am doing all I can to make sure that the people that order from me get priority in terms of discounts, shipping & customer service.

- That being said....even though I list the toll free number in my signature....no one EVER calls me! A handful of people email me. The vast majority of people just post stuff here. All I can see here is your forum "handle". I can't look up an order that way and I can't take any action on your behalf. There are certain things beyond my control but if I can do something I will.....I need your help though.

I understand people's frustration and believe me....no one is more frustrated than me....but posting complaints here instead of bringing them to me with your information doesn't help me or you. Just fuels frustration for the both of us.

I'm sorry that requesting that people put things in the comments section of their orders to help me so I can help them doesn't sit well with them. I try to give my customers every advantage that I can and the steps I ask you take helps me apply those advantages to you....

...so.....keep putting "Anabolic Minds Priority Shipping" in the commments of your order....it gives me a "heads up" & It DOES make a difference....and take advantage of the fact that you can email AND call me.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
He has been online for quite some time now with no response to any concerns brought up in this thread.
Not so...

I've been online....but only looking for a few seconds at a time as I'm not supposed to be "surfing" at my day job. Ducking the boss and risking termination to address your concerns.....bottom line...email me directly or better yet, CALL ME. For some reason no one seems to want to follow this advice to get things done. I can't do anything just by your AM handle in this thread. Help me help you.

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
Matt I emailed the address listed on allthewhey.com [email protected] 2 times. I did not realize that you are the one I need to talk to .

This is exactly what I was getting at. Its great that you are stepping up to handle things the best you can. But after 3 days regardless if I emailed you directly, or the customer service email listed on your site I should have gotten a reply by now.

If there is a problem with order processing the solution is to hire additional staff. Like I said before, I do in fact work for a company 100% online. No storefront and with a total staff of around 8 full time people, we manage to ship out 150+ packages a day and did sales in the millions last year

It makes me think I should get into the whey business and do the same thing we are currently doing.

What is your email? I don't recall getting anything from you in my "[email protected]" inbox?

I reply to all of my email.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Hit the nail on the head. A person should not have to put in comments or know someone to expect good service. I have since went elsewhere since I didn't get a response for 2 days. Also, your price increases now puts you above your competition once you add in your shipping costs to other retailers shipping costs. I know your doing your best Matt and its not your fault, but maybe you should tell your boss about threads like this one, so he realizes he's losing money due to horrible turnaround. And i'm in Bethlehem, PA. For instance, i ordered protein from a company about 1 hr away yesterday around 1:30pm and my order is on the UPS truck for delivery to me today. Less than a 24hr turnaround, cheaper shipping for a heavier package, more protein for a cheaper price. At one point you had the best prices and the extended shipping times weren't as bad, but they seem to have gotten progressively worse.
I responded to you the next day....not 2 days. And you are preaching to the choir......I make noise on a daily basis regarding shipping issues....I know a person should not have to resort to taking advantage of the "AM Network" or special comments in their order.....but when issues are beyond my control I resorted to taking action with things that were in my control.

BTW - You had told slipondajimmy "It's only been 1 business day. Calm down....." yet when I didn't respond to you within that same business day you bailed on me. Again...on the 29th I didn't even know this thread was here as I was responding to a PM that I got an email notification of. When I saw the thread the next day when I had time to go through the forum, I replied....but it was too late at that point as you had already made assumptions about me.

I can promise you this, if you do order from me, I will stand by my promise that I made in my first post on this thread.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
If there is a problem with order processing the solution is to hire additional staff. Like I said before, I do in fact work for a company 100% online. No storefront and with a total staff of around 8 full time people, we manage to ship out 150+ packages a day and did sales in the millions last year

QUOTE]

I've been screaming at the owner regarding additional staff for longer than I care to remember.

Trust me everyone....I am using this thread as ammo with the owner too.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Unfortuanate to hear. I decided to go elsewhere instead. When I notice the rep online and fails to answer board questions it makes me second guess my purchase. I know fitnfirm posted a question and it took forever for a rep to even post in ref to that. The prices are up higher than that of name brands now as well. Was really going to give it another go with ATW but i guess customer service hasn't changed a bit.
Again, I was sending a PM to someone on the 29th and was online with the AM forum for maybe 10 minutes. I didn't even visit the All The Whey forum that day as Monday is my busiest day of the week & I spend most of it ANSWERING EMAIL. If you had emailed me or called me like I beg people to all the time, you would have gotten a prompt answer and had my personal promise of quick delivery. I visit dozens of forums and messege boards all the time, AM is tops on my list but occasionally I don't have the time to visit as often as I would like. Murphy's law dictated that the one day of the week that I missed was the day this thread started.

btw - fitnfirm works for another company that had a history with ATW, I wanted to give my boss a heads up b4 I replied and make sure everything was cool. You did not know this so you just assumed that I was ignoring her or didn't care. I might have had the same thought were I in your shoes. No worries though.....now you know.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Totally havn't got any work done as I've been here for 1 1/2 hours, typing a few words at a time trying not to get busted.

I'll be at ATW by 7pm and back online then.

See ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.