Wrong scoop?

Gouki

Awards
Just recieved my order today,awesome shipping and service btw,anyway the label says that a scoop is 28.4g.The scoop that was sent says 90cc.Ok my old ON gold scoop says 70cc on it and the serving size according to the ON label for 1 scoop is 30.4g.Both scoops are made by National Measures also.Did I get sent the wrong scoop?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
That's weird, I just got my first order, two 5 pounders, each has a dif size scoop.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
The scoop that I got with mine was a blue 90cc, so that's the one I've been using. I'm assuming the serving size was 90cc instead of 70cc like a normal protein powder, but this is just a guess on my part. Maybe Laura can shed some light on this for us.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
checking on it - sorry i did not see this til tonight -Laura

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
I also have different sized scoops...

Chocolate Orange came with a 90cc scoop.

Chocolate Mint & Chocolate came with a 80cc scoop.

Rico1578

Awards
my whey has a 90cc & my casein has a 70cc. both say serving is the same. 1scoop=1oz=28.4g:think:

I guess it is possible since the casein is a "thicker"powder(for lack of a better word) that less could equal the same? Does that make sence?

Gdawg

Awards
I got my scale and my proteins out and compared.

A level 90cc scoop yields ~28 grams of milk protein isolate, but ~35 grams of whey protein isolate (b/c of the density).

A 70cc scoop yielded ~28 grams of whey protein isolate.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established

A level 90cc scoop yields ~28 grams of milk protein isolate, but ~35 grams of whey protein isolate (b/c of the density).

So it seems I have been getting an extra 11 grams of protein per scoop. I ain't skeered!!!! :head:

edit: was this with a digital scale?

Gouki

Awards

Yeah I just got some new scales today and got pretty much the same thing on the isolate,90cc =36g and 70cc=29g.

Gdawg

Awards
So it seems I have been getting an extra 11 grams of protein per scoop. I ain't skeered!!!! :head:

edit: was this with a digital scale?
Yeah, digital. Closest it gets to is grams so that's why I said approximately. I set the scope on it and hit tare then filled it up and placed it back on the scale.

JohnWilkesBooth

Awards
any new info on this guys? i just got my 27 lb bulk order and it came with a purple (supposedly 30g) scoop. i plan on taking 4 servings for 100 days and am curious because an older scooper of mine is noticeably bigger and is only supposed to hold 28g. thanks

Gdawg

Awards
I talked to Greg (customer service) and he said that the density of the protein (of the same type) can vary from batch to batch depending on the source. So sometimes your whey could be more or less dense than it was from previous orders apparently.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry about that delay - Greg is correct on this one, the density can vary as we filter, prepare and package our own stuff each day.......................no old shelf stuff from us. Our production is always moving.

Laura