Batch inconsistencies?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just received my second order of powder from ATW. The first 5 lb jug mixed so well. No clumping and it easily mixed into a smooth liquid with only a spoon. This new jug of the same type & flavor (blend, vanilla) doesn't mix near as well. It clumps and leaves a coating of slick granules on the cup & spoon. What is up with this? Is there that much variation from batch to batch? Is this a result of being exposed to heat? I'm sure the powder got pretty warm in the UPS truck and then setting on my front porch before I got home from work. The powder tastes the same as the first batch, but one of the things that made me a repeat customer was the ease of mixing. I'm curious about the inconsistencies between my two orders. Any ideas?

dd

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just received my second order of powder from ATW. The first 5 lb jug mixed so well. No clumping and it easily mixed into a smooth liquid with only a spoon. This new jug of the same type & flavor (blend, vanilla) doesn't mix near as well. It clumps and leaves a coating of slick granules on the cup & spoon. What is up with this? Is there that much variation from batch to batch? Is this a result of being exposed to heat? I'm sure the powder got pretty warm in the UPS truck and then setting on my front porch before I got home from work. The powder tastes the same as the first batch, but one of the things that made me a repeat customer was the ease of mixing. I'm curious about the inconsistencies between my two orders. Any ideas?

dd
Hi,

Whey has variation, but usually it stirs quickly. You can always shake it.

It can be also be grainy or flaky. Usually, it's flaky.

The heat in the truck and on the porch has no effect.

Take Care

DougMan

Awards
I dont mean to be an ass, but you sort of dodged the question. I think he was asking if there was anything wrong with his new batch. Also if heat has wasnt the reason can you thing of anything besides general "inconsistencies"? Again, not trying to be rude I am just curious as I am planning on going ATW for all my whey needs very soon.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, you will not be disappointed in ATW.. I have tried the banana, strawberry, and chololate over to or three batches and they are all good.. now Like Dom said, there can be alittle difference between the whey.. but not that much..

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would expect minor inconsistencies from batch to batch, but this mixing difference seems significant to me. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with my powder. I can live with the mixing differences as long as I can be confident that the nutritional integrity is intact. I have posted in some other threads about how great ATW powder is, especially how well it mixes. This jug leaves a fairly heavy coating of grit on the cup and spoon. And it's not something that easily rinses away. I have to use a stiff dish washing brush and a decent amount of elbow grease to get this coating off. Again, if it's nutritionally OK, I can deal with it. But, I probably wouldn't have ordered a second time if my first jug had been like this.

dd

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I dont mean to be an ass, but you sort of dodged the question. I think he was asking if there was anything wrong with his new batch. Also if heat has wasnt the reason can you thing of anything besides general "inconsistencies"? Again, not trying to be rude I am just curious as I am planning on going ATW for all my whey needs very soon.
A lot of products have to fall within tolerances. If there was something wrong with the batch, we wouldn't have sent it. I was assuming that it was understood that everything we make is tested. Our government requires it for food products.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would expect minor inconsistencies from batch to batch, but this mixing difference seems significant to me. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with my powder. I can live with the mixing differences as long as I can be confident that the nutritional integrity is intact. I have posted in some other threads about how great ATW powder is, especially how well it mixes. This jug leaves a fairly heavy coating of grit on the cup and spoon. And it's not something that easily rinses away. I have to use a stiff dish washing brush and a decent amount of elbow grease to get this coating off. Again, if it's nutritionally OK, I can deal with it. But, I probably wouldn't have ordered a second time if my first jug had been like this.

dd
Hi,

It sounds like you have the worse case scenario. It doesn't happen that often, but it happens for everybody. A major player had a few truck loads recently.

You're more than welcome to return or exchange it. Our products are guaranteed.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used ATW for about six months now, and have had the same cosistency everytime. They are a reputable company that puts out a very high quality protein powder for dirt cheap.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You're more than welcome to return or exchange it. Our products are guaranteed.
If the protein is good, then I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it. I just wanted to make sure that is wasn't bad, or went bad during shipping or something like that. I appreciate the opportunity to get educated in whey batch variation, so I will have realistic expectations in the future. Thanks for your quick responses.

dd