Different scoop sizes for different flavors?

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
I just got two five pound tubs, one chocolate and one unflavored. I take two scoops of unflavored and one scoop of gatorade powder, and this morning it tasted like I hardly put any gatorade in it at all. Came home this evening and noticed that the chocolate scoop was 10cc's smaller than the unflavored, 80cc and 90cc respectively. Has that always been the norm? Any reason for it?

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just got two five pound tubs, one chocolate and one unflavored. I take two scoops of unflavored and one scoop of gatorade powder, and this morning it tasted like I hardly put any gatorade in it at all. Came home this evening and noticed that the chocolate scoop was 10cc's smaller than the unflavored, 80cc and 90cc respectively. Has that always been the norm? Any reason for it?
The density of whey can vary.

Alt+F4

Awards
Oh, OK. Just curious, I don't think I'd ever noticed that before. Thanks Dom, you're on point as usual.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Oh, OK. Just curious, I don't think I'd ever noticed that before. Thanks Dom, you're on point as usual.
Do you wonder why nobody else does it? One competitor had (maybe still has) a scoop that was supposed to be 30 g. It was 47 g. + or - 2 g. is acceptable.

Alt+F4

Awards
Wow, I'd heard of opening up a regular tub only to find a 200g scoop (mostly with those weight gainers) but never the deceit like that. That's nuts.