So whats happening with all the whey?

Ession

Awards
I was going to place an order through time, as I usually do....but I read about all the complaints. And then I check nutraplanet...why is it 77 dollars for ten pounds with free shipping, but on their own site its 99 dollars before shipping?

I always remembered them being slightly cheap?

And what the heck is with their prices of 5 pounds? 70 dollars for 5 pounds? Really?

Whats going on.

Where is Marc?

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
They raised their prices a while back for orders directly from them, I think it had something to do with raw material prices rising. Their website specifically says you can get the same products for reduced prices from distributors.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I have a feeling that the original Marcus has been gone for quite a few months and that someone else at ATW uses the account here from time to time. You can tell that their style of writing has changed.

I seem to remember someone making the comment that Marcus doesn't work for ATW anymore too.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I stopped using ATW a while ago, when they offered a phenomenal sale that lasted exactly three hours. They lost all Customer Service skills.

That is something I demand from any company that I shop from. I know it might be just me and everyone has an opinion, whatever...

It's my money. I want you to deal with me when I ask you to. especially about large orders.

traxiz

Awards
I stopped using ATW a while ago, when they offered a phenomenal sale that lasted exactly three hours. They lost all Customer Service skills.

That is something I demand from any company that I shop from. I know it might be just me and everyone has an opinion, whatever...

It's my money. I want you to deal with me when I ask you to. especially about large orders.
That is exactly how I feel.

erokyrwrld

erokyrwrld

Awards
I have a feeling that the original Marcus has been gone for quite a few months and that someone else at ATW uses the account here from time to time. You can tell that their style of writing has changed.

I seem to remember someone making the comment that Marcus doesn't work for ATW anymore too.
This is correct. I used to order through Marcus directly via email, but several months ago (>6 months), I got a reply that Marcus no longer worked there but they run my order through anyways. They need to get him back. I haven't had an order go smooth since he left.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
I don't remember them ever having good prices...even with a 10% discount coupon. Companies like Muscle Gauge Nutrition and Dymatize, etcetera, have always had better prices.

RepRef

Awards
I thought I was alone on this...apparently not. I posted a thread a few days ago trying to get feedback on one of their reps in particular that I was dealing with after ordering 5lbs of the Isolate. When I didn't hear anything on the boards I assumed it was just a rare misstep on the part of All the Whey and that specific rep but I guess it's more of a chronic thing. I ordered back in January and still have NOTHING...the guy Rob hasn't done anything but jerk me around, I think it's safe to safe they've lost my vote as a customer

iDShaDoW

Awards
Well, you've gotta understand, they've been backed up and even stated so.

That last snowstorm closed everything down, including the federal government in DC, for like 3 days straight.

Pennsylvania, where they're at, got hit even harder by the snow.

Someone said they ordered at the end of January and just got their stuff shipped out the other day. I ordered a week after he did and got mine shipped out around the same time.

Think they mentioned that they're pulling double shifts and all that to get back on track and it seems like they weren't making that up if they shipped out mine the same time as the dude who ordered almost 2 weeks before me.

So to sum it all up, sh*t happens. A snowstorm isn't a natural disaster like an earthquake but if there's enough snow it can shut everything down. I wasn't able to get my car up the street for days after the snow hit us in northern VA and I think they got at least 3x more.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Well, you've gotta understand, they've been backed up and even stated so.

That last snowstorm closed everything down, including the federal government in DC, for like 3 days straight.

Pennsylvania, where they're at, got hit even harder by the snow.

Someone said they ordered at the end of January and just got their stuff shipped out the other day. I ordered a week after he did and got mine shipped out around the same time.

Think they mentioned that they're pulling double shifts and all that to get back on track and it seems like they weren't making that up if they shipped out mine the same time as the dude who ordered almost 2 weeks before me.

So to sum it all up, sh*t happens. A snowstorm isn't a natural disaster like an earthquake but if there's enough snow it can shut everything down. I wasn't able to get my car up the street for days after the snow hit us in northern VA and I think they got at least 3x more.
Snowstorms don't shut down your email or internet access. People are getting pissed off because ATW hasn't been responsive. If the snowstorm is so bad that it stopped production/shipping, then the least they could do while being snowed in is respond to people's emails and at least let them know what is going on. There is no excuse for poor customer service. Either you have it or you don't, snowstorm or no snowstorm.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
all the whey has lost a ton of business

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Snowstorms don't shut down your email or internet access. People are getting pissed off because ATW hasn't been responsive. If the snowstorm is so bad that it stopped production/shipping, then the least they could do while being snowed in is respond to people's emails and at least let them know what is going on. There is no excuse for poor customer service. Either you have it or you don't, snowstorm or no snowstorm.
Then call their phone number. Every time I've called them I've gotten through to someone and been able to get things taken care of. They put notices up on their website and let people know what was going on and that there were substantial delays, plus they've given updates in their weekly newsletter. Just give them a call instead of sending an e-mail.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Guess everyones' experiences are different but I had no problem getting a hold of someone over the phone the first time I tried calling.

It's also been noted that someone else had got a hold of them and relayed the information about them being behind on production and hauling ass trying to get caught up.

If you check their site they even say on the front page that they're working on getting things back on track.

RepRef

Awards
It's pretty obvious from these threads that the bottom line is that their customer service is shaky AT BEST. They get back to a small minority of their customers in a very untimely fashion, if at all. People pay for quality product and assistance in obtaining that product if necessary, they don't pay to be blatantly ignored and then have their intelligence belittled by being expected to believe that all correspondance is cut off because of a snow storm. I'm in PA too, not too far from ATW offices in fact, and if my lines of communication work well enough for me to call and ask them where the hell my product is, they sure as heck can find a way to give me an answer

I clearly won't be buying from them anymore but I did pay for an order of the Isolate and haven't recieved it yet so I'll need to try and get in contact with them somehow in the meantime. I've only dealt with the rep. named Rob and he has given me nothing but the run around.

Anyone have suggestions on any of their reps in particular that I would better my chances of actually getting my problem solved??

TheJudge

TheJudge

Awards
It took four weeks for an order to come to our house. After multiple emails to EVERYONE in the company (all listed on the site), and a few phone calls. We've been ordering from them from a while and I've only had a few orders come in a reasonable amount of time (this is only MY personal experience). I live close enough to go and pick it up, which I have on many prior occasions. Unfortunately I think they are understaffed (could use 2-3 more people). I also believe they regularly oversell with not enough product on hand. After the snow debacle in this area, SOME delay would be expected, but at some point, I feel that ATW should have been heavily posting that ALL ORDERS were going to be delayed (I drive a truck and delivery air freight ALL day, so the snow situation was overblown) I know I wouldn't be AS irritated if I knew going into an order that there was going to be a long delay. I'd rather hear 'We're waaayyy behind, don't expect the order for a few weeks' than hear nothing. I'm only speaking from my own experience. I enjoy their products, and pricing has always been more than fair. Maybe I should go apply for a job and help right the ship. hahahaha

ahendi

Awards
MOD EDIT: Its pretty simple. You agreed to the rules upon registering. Maybe if you actually read them you would know. Or you could just ignore them, act like a wise ass and get banned. Your choice.

ahendi

Awards
ATW has lost my business due to a plethora of reasons. Can I say that?

SemperFi9999

Awards
Muscle Gauge Nutrition is the same company. Ordered a 25lb box and received it 3 days later. 25lb = $135 w/ free shipping. Ebay is your friend

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
Muscle Gauge Nutrition is the same company. Ordered a 25lb box and received it 3 days later. 25lb = $135 w/ free shipping. Ebay is your friend
I got a 25lb box for $95 the first time I ordered(last year).
How do you know they're the same company? MGN has always been a lot cheaper.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
MGN doesnt seem a little sketchy? You know how they say food is food, well whey isnt really whey. Tough to guage results from strictly whey to tell if its legit/working or not. Hence why I like to stay work with reputable companies. Not saying MGN isnt that, but I havent ever heard of them and I definately know the supp industry...?

SemperFi9999

Awards
I got a 25lb box for $95 the first time I ordered(last year).
How do you know they're the same company? MGN has always been a lot cheaper.
Google it. You will see that they're the same, just a different name.

The Dooeug

The Dooeug

Banned
Awards
f whey...i get 6 pounds of awesome tasting protein for 30 bucks

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
I was going to place an order through time, as I usually do....but I read about all the complaints. And then I check nutraplanet...why is it 77 dollars for ten pounds with free shipping, but on their own site its 99 dollars before shipping?

I always remembered them being slightly cheap?

And what the heck is with their prices of 5 pounds? 70 dollars for 5 pounds? Really?

Whats going on.

Where is Marc?
If any manufacturer undercuts/competes with the retailers of their products, who would want to carry them? There is no way for anyone to compete with who manufacturers the product. Therefore, they keep their prices high direct, in order to show the overall value of the product, and to help encourage the customer to receive a better deal by purchasing it from a retailer.

djs2000

Awards
Have they gone out of business? Their phone number seems to be disconnected, and I get failure notices when trying to email them.......

iDShaDoW

Awards
Beats me. Maybe they've shifted their business strategy and let other companies that re-brand their protein take care of the customer side of things while they deal more with business-to-business things.

All I know is that I got my protein shortly after the whole blizzard fiasco. Got a helluva lot of protein too at like $2-3/lb for both whey isolate and casein (both unflavored) so I'm a happy camper. :p

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They use to be my official protein supplier and I placed HUGE orders with them.. I mean up to 150lbs at a time, their warehouse is only 40 minutes from my house. Since raisng there prices, I just simply can't afford them anymore, when there in stock at nutraplanet, I buy there stuff, provided the flavors I want are in stock!

Def good stuff, wish they didnt raise but I know they have to with the economy.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
They use to be my official protein supplier and I placed HUGE orders with them.. I mean up to 150lbs at a time, their warehouse is only 40 minutes from my house. Since raisng there prices, I just simply can't afford them anymore, when there in stock at nutraplanet, I buy there stuff, provided the flavors I want are in stock!

Def good stuff, wish they didnt raise but I know they have to with the economy.
Im thinkin somethings up. You cant find their stuff on ebay, BB.com, nutraplanet, etc. Some of the sites that I used to buy ATW from dont even list them anymore.

Dunno.

saafanco

Awards
yeah i agree, i think there is a protein shortage going on

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
After the lack of professional service as well as the complete disregard to even reply to simple questions that I directed ATW I've concluded that allthewhey is in serious need to unf!@# themselves, just because there is so called shortage going on shouldn't go hand and hand with the decline of bad service that has seemed to be so prevalent as of lately. I see plenty of supplement companies that have been hurting and most of them haven't gotten worse in dealing with the consumers.....Nutrapro for now on and that's it for me :thumbsup:

ckozlgod

Awards
So if nutra has it in stock I should get it right? And not have to wait forever?

zigzagzz

Awards
whats up all......i was a big user of all the whey now cannot seem to get ahold of them which sucks, when they came on the scene they were very cheap and tasted awesome. Then they sold it to others and slowly went down hill. My question is what is a great tasting protein thats is affordable?

traxiz

Awards
I used to order their product more than anything else but then I got a few bad/weak batches and I stopped getting any response from their customer service.

playr101

Awards
I guess i should of read these posts before I placed an order a few weeks ago. My CC was charged promptly but still no product! No email response, no phones calls answered or returned. I was hoping they had a rep on here that could correct the problems, guess not.
I would like a refund, or am I out a few bucks?

-playr101