Price increase

J

jamjoe

Awards
I went to order 5lb of whey protein isolate today and noticed that it is now $25 more than it was last month. I expect some fluctuation in prices, but an increase of more than 50% seems like a lot in one month. What is the deal?

I love this stuff, so I'm not real keen on switching brands.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
well then i guess you'll keep buying it then huh?

sorry, it's been that kind of a day....j/k

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Buy off their e bay store. Free shipping. You can also get 8% cash back if you sign up at bing.com

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I dont understand why companies are keeping the price of whey protein this high since the price of milk is at rock bottom prices... I thought whey protein derives from milk making it the main raw material

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I dont understand why companies are keeping the price of whey protein this high since the price of milk is at rock bottom prices... I thought whey protein derives from milk making it the main raw material
gangster cows bro, taking their cut

A

AFK

Awards
Boo to the price increase! I was just about to order some isolate, but that's a huge price jump! I think I may look elsewhere for my isolate now. :(

808raoul

Awards
I'm shocked also. I have been ordering for a while now from All The Whey and when I saw the price on-site recently I had to check here to see if anybody else had noticed. I hope this is just a passing thing or I gotta look for another supplier.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats rubbish. $70-71 for a 5lb jub, LMFAO!

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
HmmmmmM wish I could find those places. We have one place that is cheap on milk and that is Costco. Every other place is over 4 bucks, that's the highest I've seen it here in 3 years.

A

AFK

Awards
So no response yet from our resident All The Whey representative, Marcus ATW?

Pretty outrageous price jump, and it's not necessary as the espresso flavor is still $45 and it costs more to make than the regular flavors. That's also why I just bought 3 tubs of espresso lol, but I still need a non-caffeinated flavor before going to bed, and I just ran out of peanut butter.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
well ive used this company for years, i guess not anymore. those prices are outrageous!

T

traxiz

Awards
This almost seems similar to Optimum Nutrition and how they price their 5lb Gold Standards at $74.99 on their website. No one actually buys it directly from them for this price (I hope) but they still keep their prices really high. I don't really see why ATW is doing this because no one is going to buy their protein directly from their website at this price when it is available other places for much less. I can't remember the last time I actually purchased anything from their website since you can get it cheaper pretty much anywhere else that carries it.

P

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - this price increase is out of control. I just turned two people onto ATW today but there's no way they're going to buy it from ATW's site at $70 for a 5lb container of Isolate. Nutraplanet is much cheaper right now but they're out of ChocPBCup and I wonder if their prices will be going up as well.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im surprised their people arent hear letting us know why

gresh

gresh

Awards
They probably want sales to go through BB.com and Nutraplanet, cut back on direct purchases.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Price Increase

Guys,

Just wanted to clear things up, sorry for the delay. We have actually raised our prices on the website to reflect the MSRP prices around the industry. Our company is expanding rapidly and we now have distributors like NutraPlanet who sell select products and those select products have been marked up.

Currently our 2-5lbs. isolate and blend have been marked up to the MSRP. As of now protein over 5lbs. remains at low pricing for our customers that buy in bulk, and our exclusive products like our Whey naturals, Espresso, Etc. are only sold on our site at our low prices.

If you guys ever want to purchase a smaller order like maybe one five pounder and still would like to buy direct, contact dorian@allthewhey and you can be set up to do so. Other than that you can still enjoy the original pricing on isolate and blend over 5lbs.

A

AFK

Awards
Marcus, can you please have someone look into my order? This is my second time ordering and my protein has not been shipped for more than a week now. I called earlier today and they said they don't know why it hasn't been shipped because Espresso isolate is in stock and has been available for shipment few days now, and I was promised a call back in 10 minutes, but I never got one. First name is Tim. Your people should know who I am because I've left a voicemessage earlier this week and I called in earlier today.

In the meantime, I've had to sustain my protein needs with nasty tasting chocolate Isopure.

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
Wow this sucks. I just got back from deployment and go to order my protein and the price has almost doubled? I love your protein but unless I can find it at it's original price I will unfortunately have to take my business elsewhere.

A

AFK

Awards
FINALLY got an email back (took long enough). Basically, they are saying that they ran out of material to make the batches ordered during the holidays and are now just shipping them. My order was placed 12-22-09 and if there are no delays with UPS, I'll finally be getting my protein on 01-11-10. Jesus, they couldn't have at least shipped overnight to make up for the ridiculous delay?

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
They must be busy! Ordered some Iso from one of their vendors nearly 5 weeks ago (now backordered) and still haven't received it (nor has the vendor). Decided a few days ago to purchase from ATWs ebay page, got it 3 days later.

Weird.

H

hooliganmel

Awards
Guys,

Just wanted to clear things up, sorry for the delay. We have actually raised our prices on the website to reflect the MSRP prices around the industry. Our company is expanding rapidly and we now have distributors like NutraPlanet who sell select products and those select products have been marked up.

Currently our 2-5lbs. isolate and blend have been marked up to the MSRP. As of now protein over 5lbs. remains at low pricing for our customers that buy in bulk, and our exclusive products like our Whey naturals, Espresso, Etc. are only sold on our site at our low prices.

If you guys ever want to purchase a smaller order like maybe one five pounder and still would like to buy direct, contact dorian@allthewhey and you can be set up to do so. Other than that you can still enjoy the original pricing on isolate and blend over 5lbs.
I usually order at least 20 pounds at a time it's still relatively cheap but I used to be able to order 5 pound refills and get different flavors. Now you can just order 10 pound, 15 pounds etc. Is there any way I can order a 20 pound case and have 4 different flavors or am I limited to one flavor?

J

jamjoe

Awards
They are having an insane super bowl sale. 15lb of isolate for $64.

H

hooliganmel

Awards
I got the email but I don't know how to get the savings? I didn't see a coupon code. Do you just place the order and they mark it down later?

T

traxiz

Awards
I got the email but I don't know how to get the savings? I didn't see a coupon code. Do you just place the order and they mark it down later?
I think the sale is over already. The prices have gone back to normal even though it hasn't even been a day yet.

H

hooliganmel

Awards
well that's messed up. I wanted 50 pounds of protein.

D

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Man that's really ****ed up. I was on their site earlier today and it said the sale would be going on through Sunday so I was planning on ordering 15 pounds tonight. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask what the deal is.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
also waiting to see if they plan on dropping them down again

H

hooliganmel

Awards
my question is how can it be over if they advertised starting today and going the next 4 days?

D

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
It popped in my head tonight that maybe they put the ad up early. It did say Super Bowl blowout sale through Sunday, and the Superbowl is actually next Sunday, the 7th, so maybe the sale is going to be next week.

H

hooliganmel

Awards
any ATW reps out there that could answer some of these questions?

D

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I just got off the phone with them and the guy I talked to said it was a sale to get rid of excess inventory and that they sold it all in five hours. He said they'll most likely be doing it again in the future.

H

hooliganmel

Awards
well that kind of sucks. I need protein and at those prices I was going to get 50 pounds.

T

traxiz

Awards
I just got off the phone with them and the guy I talked to said it was a sale to get rid of excess inventory and that they sold it all in five hours. He said they'll most likely be doing it again in the future.
They really shouldn't have advertised it as a 4-day sale without mentioning there were limited quantities.

I

iDShaDoW

Awards
Is there any way I can order a 20 pound case and have 4 different flavors or am I limited to one flavor?
This would definitely be cool if you could order a bulk box and have it come with different flavors inside the box.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I usually order at least 20 pounds at a time it's still relatively cheap but I used to be able to order 5 pound refills and get different flavors. Now you can just order 10 pound, 15 pounds etc. Is there any way I can order a 20 pound case and have 4 different flavors or am I limited to one flavor?

haha I tried that once, when I bought 20 pounds off ebay. they basically laughed at me. and then said HELL NO! you buy 20 lbs you get one flavor.

just fyi,

btw a sale that lasts through the superbowl should last through the superbowl. What happened is crap.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it was a BS promo...I tried to buy 1 hr after receiving the email and it was back to regular price. I actually have'nt heard of ANYONE getting it at the advertised prices ~~~~however , they did get alot of people to their site:fool2:

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I too wish i could have gotten in on this, and hope it goes back up, but
bashing them isnt really the way to go.

Ive ordered several times on ebay, 50lbs twice, forgot to mention flavor in info
on paypal and emailed them a couple hours later and they sent my request both times,
instead of chocolate like they state they will.

I also ordered 20lbs once and asked for 10lbs cinnabun/10lbs cookie batter and sure
enough it came in 2 boxes with 2 5lb containers of each flavor in each box.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
I think it was a BS promo...I tried to buy 1 hr after receiving the email and it was back to regular price. I actually have'nt heard of ANYONE getting it at the advertised prices ~~~~however , they did get alot of people to their site:fool2:
I did. I actually saw it on SlickDeals and ordered up 15lbs at $63 shipped. Wished I had ordered more though. I already received my confirmation email etc.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1835373

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
this company used to be my number one source of powder but lately it seems like theyve gone in the toilet

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
because they have. They got really really popular, and then jacked their prices and seemed to forget where they started. I was under the impression that AM always supported them, even when they were small.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
well it will hit them in the wallet because i know of a tremendous amount of people that used them that wont anymore

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
Yeah, ive used them 5 years and plan to stock up on deals at the Arnold. Last year MRM had their metabolic whey 10lbs for 30 bucks. I plan on buying 30lbs or so.

Where are their reps? It seems they would respond to a thread like this.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Dont mean to sound like a ATW fanboy, but only the prices on their website have gone up (and I agree...wtf?) But at your favorite BB forum stores the prices havent changed. Unfortunately the flavors arent all available, but you can still get all the same ones at the same prices. I also purchased some from ATWs ebay page at the normal prices (last week).

I cant speak on bad batches, etc. but at the moment I fail to see exactly why some are so bent out of shape...

Maybe Im missing something.

EDIT: I will say though...the one thing I wish the would improve is their shipping times. When I purchase something directly from them (ebay, this sale, previous purchases direct etc.) it seems to always take several days if not a week or so to ship...whereas if I get it from NP or the like it will ship same day.

If you need ATW protein and are getting it right from them, dont wait until you are near the end of your tub...you may find yourself several days without protein!