Anyone ever got bad batches?

jon1026

jon1026

Awards
Every once in a while I will get a bad batch where they forget to add flavor or sweetener. Sometimes I order from Nutraplanet and sometimes from Allthewhey. This time I ordered from Nutraplanet and got a bad batch and don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. So I was forced to get creative and add stuff to my shakes for flavor. Still love ATW though and will still buy their protein. Just sucks when I get a flavorless batch.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I've never had any like that. Two or three in a row that I got had a slighly fruity taste to them (I always order chocolate), but the past few I've ordered have been fine.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I have about 8 pounds that taste like burnt plastic but it's still drinkable.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guess I've lucked out because all of mine have always tasted good

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My last bag of PeaNut Butter Cup was terrible. Aside from that, everything else was great!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been very fortunate as well. My flavors have always been great. Some are less flavorful, but never as bad as the OT has had.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I've had a few bad batches, but I've never had a bad cinnabun or cupcake batter and have gone through 3 of each so I stick with them and get other flavors elsewhere

traxiz

Awards
I'd say about one in four 5 lb tubs end up having a taste that is not quite as good as usual. I've only had one batch that was so bad that I had to keep adding my own sweetener to in order to stomach it. I generally order cinnamon bun and cupcake batter.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
once, I used it for cooking. there are always going to be some out of spec batches. if its really bad I would send it back. but usually you can just mix it with something else (I think they forgot the sucralose in mine that time. a little peanut flower and sucralose and its was fine)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
My last bag of PeaNut Butter Cup was terrible. Aside from that, everything else was great!
besides once it it usually good? im about to get some PB i think.
I am just finishing up a vanilla. Not much flavor there but no reason for me to complain.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
The only one I haven't liked was Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. I just didn't like the taste personally. I have never had a Cup Cake Batter or Cinnabun that tasted off. I like this protein since it isn't ion exchange and isn't packed with filler.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
Yeah, I got a batch with no sweetener too. Chocolate. I keep it in reserve for when I run out - I'm bad about procrastination when it comes to ordering protein. 2 packs of Nutrasweet and its good to go.

Lets face it, low carb, low fat protein is never going to be fantastic. Some are better than others but Ive never had any that tasted anything remotely like a Peanut buster parfait...lol.

traxiz

Awards
I've had one really bad batch and a few weak ones over the past two years of ordering from Nutraplanet and ATW.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I got a batch with no sweetener too. Chocolate. I keep it in reserve for when I run out - I'm bad about procrastination when it comes to ordering protein. 2 packs of Nutrasweet and its good to go.

Lets face it, low carb, low fat protein is never going to be fantastic. Some are better than others but Ive never had any that tasted anything remotely like a Peanut buster parfait...lol.
Yea but i have had and others have even with low/no sugar and such. Flavoring hardly depends on it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/all-whey/142454-batch-texture-flavor.html
Thats my recent experience.
Ill still order from them though as long as prices stay cheap.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys do when you receive bad batches? I got mine from Nutraplanet (5 lbs of Peanut Butter flavored Isolate) and it's pretty gross. Just completely bland... not sweet at all. I had one shake with it and ended up adding chocolate syrup to make it drinkable.

So, would you recommend me trying to send it back to Nutraplanet where I ordered it? Or is it not worth the hassle, and I should just take the loss on this batch?

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
What do you guys do when you receive bad batches? I got mine from Nutraplanet (5 lbs of Peanut Butter flavored Isolate) and it's pretty gross. Just completely bland... not sweet at all. I had one shake with it and ended up adding chocolate syrup to make it drinkable.

So, would you recommend me trying to send it back to Nutraplanet where I ordered it? Or is it not worth the hassle, and I should just take the loss on this batch?
Donno. I opted to keep mine and add nutrasweet. Contact them and see what they say if you can't handle it. Its def gross without added sweetener.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I just kept it. Im a little shocked no one from ATW spoke yet.

traxiz

Awards
I would definitely get in contact with Nutraplanet's customer service. In my experience they are usually pretty quick to respond and are really helpful. At the very least I imagine they will allow you to return it for a new one, but they might just tell you to toss that one and they will send you a new one.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I also got some bad pb blend 2 weeks ago and I just mix it in with some choc/pb and it taste good to me.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I also got some bad pb blend 2 weeks ago and I just mix it in with some choc/pb and it taste good to me.
yea i know i can mix it with stuff but id rather actuallyhave my shake taste like its supposed too. I have no problem getting it down, cant when there not really flavor. I do 2 scoops in about 12oz water right after workouts.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I have ordered 10 or so 5lb containers, and 2 tasted a little off. I don't drink protein for the taste, though. if ATW is cheap, I buy it.

ahendi

Awards
Out of the last 5 5lb tubs I ordered 3 of them were unbearable. The burnt plastic taste but was horrendous, and I can usually choke down anything. Atw customer services' unwillingness to do anything about this caused me to switch to TP. They have more/way better tasting flavors and they actually taste right every time.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Out of the last 5 5lb tubs I ordered 3 of them were unbearable. The burnt plastic taste but was horrendous, and I can usually choke down anything. Atw customer services' unwillingness to do anything about this caused me to switch to TP. They have more/way better tasting flavors and they actually taste right every time.
What's TP?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the last three orders of the same product and flavors I have received three different volume scoops.

I have never been a fan of buying protein on line from any retailer simply because the cost of shipping outweighed the discounted price from an on-line retailer.

I bought ATW from NutraPlanet because of the inexpensive price, the free shipping on orders above $75 and it was indirectly supporting NutraPlanet the retailer.

I am so very eager for NutraPlanet to release their line of protein so I can have the best of all situation: support my retailer, ensured quality, competative pricing and discounted shipping.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
I order last week some ATW whey isolate cinnamon bun and to me it taste like vanilla protein with alil bit of cinnamon. other than that its ok. im able to mix it with a spoon. i like cup cake batter but sometimes it a hit or miss with the flavor.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Liar, no way you ordered last week and got it already! I just canceled my order after waiting a bit over a month and never going back!

gnetics18

Awards
What I dont understand is Ive read a few threads/post that there is a burn plastic/rubber flavor in there powder and or forgot to add sweetner etc. TO me this sounds like really bad Quality Control! After one of these issues, I would address it to the company and if nothing is done Move on to the next. While I understand its "good stuff" at a good price it seems the inconsistency/customer service at that company is lacking from what it once was. I tried some Cinnabun/cake batter flavored Iso in the past and It was good, but I cant imagine ordering a tub like I wanted too, only to get a "bad batch" and not have the company want to do anything about it. I hope all the issues get resolved, people get their product, tasting as it should might I add. Hopefully their issues get addressed ASAP and go back to being a good company to conduct your protein needs with.

ahendi

Awards
What I dont understand is Ive read a few threads/post that there is a burn plastic/rubber flavor in there powder and or forgot to add sweetner etc. TO me this sounds like really bad Quality Control! After one of these issues, I would address it to the company and if nothing is done Move on to the next. While I understand its "good stuff" at a good price it seems the inconsistency/customer service at that company is lacking from what it once was. I tried some Cinnabun/cake batter flavored Iso in the past and It was good, but I cant imagine ordering a tub like I wanted too, only to get a "bad batch" and not have the company want to do anything about it. I hope all the issues get resolved, people get their product, tasting as it should might I add. Hopefully their issues get addressed ASAP and go back to being a good company to conduct your protein needs with.
Exactly why I switched. Their quality control is horrible and the customer service is even worse. They told me they couldn't guarantee the flavors from batch to batch. Why not? Don't you use the exact same ingredients and processes???? I don't understand why it's acceptable to get a bad tub at all, I don't cate how many times you ordered. I haven't experienced this problem with any other brand. Let's say you go to a restaurant and the food tastes like complete $h!t. Is it ok because the last 5 times you went there the food was good? No, paying customers should expect a quality product every time. And the customer service complete unwillingness to help just adds to the problem. Ok I'm done venting.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I totally feel that, and it makes you wonder if they can't guarantee the flavors from batch to batch, how about the nutritional profile? Are they able to guarantee that from batch to batch?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, at the end of the day people will need to make decisions about what protein they want. Luckily for all of us, the NP brand is on its way this month :woohoo:

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Agreed! I hope all needs are met and I can rely on NP to be my new protein at bat!

AzCat

Awards
My first few orders from ATW over the last couple of years were great, no bad product at all. But of the 25# I ordered very late last year 10# was completely unusable (actually made me sick), 10# tasted awful but was usable and the remaining 5# was fine. Wrote customer service who replied, "Screw you." Well, not quite in those terms but that was certainly their attitude. I've switched to ON for whey and will never purchase ATW products again. I don't mind paying more for a consistently good & usable product.

gnetics18

Awards
My first few orders from ATW over the last couple of years were great, no bad product at all. But of the 25# I ordered very late last year 10# was completely unusable (actually made me sick), 10# tasted awful but was usable and the remaining 5# was fine. Wrote customer service who replied, "Screw you." Well, not quite in those terms but that was certainly their attitude. I've switched to ON for whey and will never purchase ATW products again. I don't mind paying more for a consistently good & usable product.
My point exactly, how can they not guarantee a product they produce batch to batch or help a customer that is having a serious problem with theyr product? Making them sick, flavor makin them gag etc...Ive had 1 or 2 problems tops with all other proteins ive tried, both got back to me within the business day and offered to send out a replacement in any flavor and asked for Lot#/Label to file a ticket/report what have you. and thats what I believe should be done. 1.Make a Quality product 2.Ensure that Quality stays constant and no fluctuations in flavor, taste from batch to batch. 3. Make sure you can meet demands...

Good thing NP is on its way to save the Planet!:439: With their awesome Pixie Dust! Perfect timing NP..

ATW I hope you guys get your act together, straighten up the company, product and get back on track to making that good stuff and keeping the customers happy.:damnit1:

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Well, at the end of the day people will need to make decisions about what protein they want. Luckily for all of us, the NP brand is on its way this month :woohoo:
Really? Ok, I'm going to definitely be checking that out. Hope it's good!

jamjoe

Awards
The orange flavored protein I received this week tastes just as good as usual.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I used to be a ATW Customer but after getting a couple of bad batches and getting the run around from ATW Customer service, I've moved on to EAS. I can't wait for NP protein.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
All the whey has went down hill fast. I got some peanut butter from them that was absolutely the worst thing I have ever tasted. It was disgusting. I am resilient and even drank down 5 pounds of chocolate that they sent me that was unsweetened - this was bitter and made me wretch.

I am on the boat for NP protein, I just hope they keep prices comparable. All the whey is done for me.

ronw2

Banned
Awards
Yea I also use EAS Whey Protein, taste isn't too bad, mixes well 23 grams per serving. I buy it in a 5lb bag for 32 bucks which is a pretty good buy.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
All the whey has went down hill fast. I got some peanut butter from them that was absolutely the worst thing I have ever tasted. It was disgusting. I am resilient and even drank down 5 pounds of chocolate that they sent me that was unsweetened - this was bitter and made me wretch.

I am on the boat for NP protein, I just hope they keep prices comparable. All the whey is done for me.
Damn man, sorry to hear that you got bad PB too. You'll see I've been vocal in a couple other threads about how bad that batch of PB I got was. There really does seem to be a consistant problem with their plain PB flavor. The stuff is pretty much undrinkable and making a shake with it tastes like burnt toast with bland peanut butter drenched with water. If I were you I wouldn't even bother with trying to finish it... I introduced my bad batch to the dumpster. Glad I only had one 5lb tub of it. Their other flavors have never disappointed me, but that one is a definite loser.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
No point on buying it, what other brand gets "bad batches" of protein?

Ill stick to a brand that delivers everytime

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
Not sure about bad batches, but after moving away from ATW as my main protein source I am getting better results. I don't think the blend is good enough to use as your main protein. Just my opinion though. There are better, more complete proteins out there for less money. Do your research. ATW is great for smoothies though :)

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
Damn man, sorry to hear that you got bad PB too. You'll see I've been vocal in a couple other threads about how bad that batch of PB I got was. There really does seem to be a consistant problem with their plain PB flavor. The stuff is pretty much undrinkable and making a shake with it tastes like burnt toast with bland peanut butter drenched with water. If I were you I wouldn't even bother with trying to finish it... I introduced my bad batch to the dumpster. Glad I only had one 5lb tub of it. Their other flavors have never disappointed me, but that one is a definite loser.
Yeah its HORRIBLE. Pretty good explanation of what it tastes like. I can put 1/4 to 1/2 a scoop in with some chocolate and get it down. At this rate the PB flavor will be ruining shakes for me for about the next year! I may drop it in the trash and let the rats at the dump get jacked. I ordered a tub of nutraplanet whey, we'll see how it goes.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Oh dam, didn't realize theirs was out.

Yeah dude, I tried choking down the PB stuff... tried mixing half with their ice cream sandwich flavor, and it still overpowered it. Tried adding chocolate syrup, still nasty. I really think you're better off giving it to the rats, drinking it for a year is just torturing yourself!