Nasty taste to recently purchased isolate?

javel1n

Awards
Hey all. First I would like to say I am not bashing All the whey protein, I really love the flavor and quality of the isolate. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this taste from recently purchased isolate?

I purchased 2 5lb buckets of the isolate, one cup cake batter and one chocolate last week. When I received It Saturday I made a shake from the ccb and noticed it had a funny taste to it, kind of like burnt plastic taste....Not normal. My wife uses the chocolate and she said you know this doesnt taste like it should? I tried the chocolate and it has the same kind of burnt plastic type taste to it??? What happened?

Has anyone purchased some isolate lately and noticed a funny tasted, I would imagine it has to be a whole batch of them and not just two buckets?

I purchased from NP.

-Mike

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
The last two 5 pound containers of chocolate isolate I've purchased have had a bit of a fruity taste to them.

javel1n

Awards
I talked to Steve @ All The Whey and he is sending me two new buckets that should be here tomorrow aliong with a prepaid UPS shipping slip to send the "bad" ones back to be evaluated. He said he has had three similar complaints recently..?? Like I said in my previous post, it has to be a large batch that would have this flavor, I have a feeling more folks are gonna be writing about this soon. I would be surprised if it was limited to a handfull of people...???

Excellent customer service from Steve @ All The Whey!

Hopefully my new ones dont taste the same.

-Mike

maestro973

Awards
I recently ordered 15 lbs of concentrate off of NP's site. 2 tubs of cinnamon bun and 1 tub of the new peanut butter. I think burnt plastic is hitting the nail in the head as far as taste goes. All 3 tubs too, so I imagine its the entire lot that was bad.

fst89lx

Awards
Do you guys know the lot #'s (mines 9257 ex.date of 9/11) of your protein? I recently bought a 25lb bag of chocolate isolate, that tastes kind of funny to me.

I wouldn't go so far as to call mine nasty but it definitely tastes way different than the ON 100% whey that I had been using.

Also in my protein there is a bunch of chunks of white stuff... I don't know what it is, but I'd assume its sweetener that didn't get completely ground up/mixed in?

maestro973

Awards
Haha only because I have a tub here at work... SH9263 expires 09/2011

fst89lx

Awards
I e-mailed steve regarding my protein. The white chunks are maltodextrin (this was mostly what concerned me). As far as the taste, I think I am just really used to optimum, and this new brand will take some getting used to.

johnsonupnu

Awards
I just recieved my new 15lbs and its the same way. Ive been buying All The Whey for a while now but I am very disappointed in this batch.

pguff

Awards
I just got some ATW WPI Peanut Butter through ebay, and it tastes funny. Last time I bought from them it was good, this time I can barely drink it.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I got another five pounds of chocolate last week and it tastes fine to me. It's a bit surprising that nobody from All The Whey has come in this thread to address this.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I got a tub of choc caramel that tasted bad and a tub of chocolate that tasted really plain, when I had chocolate before that was really good. Seems to be some consistency issues.

nobady

Awards
I had this problem this summer with Choco Carm and Chocolate. Whoever I talked to gave the run around talking about how the cows are fed will cause the protien to taste different. I have been using Whey for many years and never once had such a taste variation. I have been using specifically ATW faithfully for 2 years now, but not anymore. After that type of response it just seemed I was being blown off.