Restickered ATW 5lb bags from NP?

SnipeGod

Awards
Reposted from ( anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/132110-massive-nutraplanet-protein-2.html#post2079516 ):

I'm a little confused ...

I just got my CupCakeBatter whey order today (NutraPlanet is in GA, like me), and I noticed that where the lot # is on the original red ATW label was a small little white sticky covering it with a printed lot number of NP9203. I peeled this sticker off and the original lot # is whited-out, so I scraped that off and the lot # on the bag is 9185 (which is one of the recalled lot numbers from All The Whey). This bag is sealed, so there's no way the powder inside is different just because someone slapped a sticky over the original lot number. Your customer service is not available on the weekends, so I am posting here for now in hope of some enlightenment.

Thanks.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
probably just extra bags sitting around with that particular lot#, if not ATW has a lot of explaining to do haha. Most likely they are just using the bags up so they dont have to buy more bags,

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Im sure they are not trying to pull one over on you

thats not exactly the sneakiest way to sell voluntarily recalled protein,
just whiting the lot number out and hoping you dont peel the new sticker off.

Very surprised someone is on this question asap
with how reputation threatening it seems

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I'll be glad to hear a response on this as well, as others in the Nutraplanet sale thread have reported the same thing. I know my bag has a sticker on it with the lot number, but I didn't peel it off to see what's underneath.

Even if it's just a reuse of bags thing, you'd think that a ATW rep would have preemptively made it known on this forum that anyone ordering from the NP sale would have rebadged bags, and not to worry about it.

tims03redfire

Awards
Just got off the phone with Ann from ATW and hear is what she had to say.

The source of there protein had a salmonella scare, so ATW took it upon themselves to recall the product. The FDA then stepped in and quarantined the suspected lot # for 5 days. After a thorough inspection of the lot #, it was found that none of the product was contaminated.
In the mean time, the production of whey was put to a stop for 5 days due to the investigation....so the FDA approved ATW the ability to use the rest of there printed (never filled, never used) bags as long as they whited over the old lot number and put a sticker with the new lot # over it.

All the protein that is now being shipped is a new lot batch.....but some of it is in the bags they already have. It was faster for them to relabel the bags they had then wait. This was done to speed up the process so that the consumers did not have to wait as long.

Ann was really nice, and said a formal explanation is being wrote up to further explain the situation.

For those that have the whited out bags....feel safe in knowing it's a new lot # in a bad that has never been used before.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got off the phone with Ann from ATW and hear is what she had to say.

The source of there protein had a salmonella scare, so ATW took it upon themselves to recall the product. The FDA then stepped in and quarantined the suspected lot # for 5 days. After a thorough inspection of the lot #, it was found that none of the product was contaminated.
In the mean time, the production of whey was put to a stop for 5 days due to the investigation....so the FDA approved ATW the ability to use the rest of there printed (never filled, never used) bags as long as they whited over the old lot number and put a sticker with the new lot # over it.

All the protein that is now being shipped is a new lot batch.....but some of it is in the bags they already have. It was faster for them to relabel the bags they had then wait. This was done to speed up the process so that the consumers did not have to wait as long.

Ann was really nice, and said a formal explanation is being wrote up to further explain the situation.

For those that have the whited out bags....feel safe in knowing it's a new lot # in a bad that has never been used before.
ATW is not shady.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did I say they were?
Naw man, just saying there was probably a good reason for it.
Forgive me for being vague I was in a hurry to eat lunch haha

Just saying All the Whey is a good company and I don't think they would do something that ignorant. Thanks for calling though and getting that figured out

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Label Confusion

To: All the Whey customers who bought product with pull off lot numbers at Nutraplanet:

The product in these packages comes from the lots on the stickers, not the recalled lots covered by the stickers. It is all FRESH product that has been thoroughly tested.

All recalled product has been carefully isolated, quarantined, and sealed off in an All the Whey warehouse, which is in an entirely different building from the one in which fresh product is manufactured and stored.

The labels on the whey products that have added stickers were printed long before they were used.

The fastest way to get out replacement product, after the recall, was to use the old printed labels, and we had promised every customer that we would replace product quickly.

The FDA supported the idea of using the old labels, as long as the old lot numbers were covered, and the labels reflected the newer, correct replacement lot numbers.

The FDA inspected All the Whey, Inc. for 5 days. All the Whey passed this rigorous inspection with praise from the FDA.

We at All the Whey are proud to offer high quality products, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of food safety. We’re sorry if the sticker lot numbers caused any confusion or alarm. Please contact us directly if you ever have any questions or concerns in the future. Our staff is here to help.

Our thanks to Sam Hong and everyone at Nutraplanet for their non-stop help, support and cooperation.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Cool now I can finally try the new flavors. I purchased Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwhich, and Carmel Candy Bar.
I would love to hear how these flavors are, please make a new thread on how they taste when you get around to trying them!

rb82

Banned
Awards
I love how quickly they responded only after it was discovered by the consumers. They did not think to let the people know before hand and only when caught do they come with this excuse. I wouldn't take one scoop of their protein if you paid me but thats just me!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
To the all the whey reps, is there an email, document, etc that can be posted to validate the whey tested out fine? I've got 10 pounds that were recalled and it'd be much easier to keep it with my mind at ease.

Also, I am sure you guys realize this, but you coulda avoided a major ****storm by mentioning the re-stickered lot numbers beforehand.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
to be honest, i love all the whey.
Went from buying 5lb tubs of Optimum nutrition
to buying bulk 20-25lb from ATW.

Always good customer service aswell,
so to pay back to all the whey and the anabolic mind community
for that matter,

im allowing ATW to send me all the allegedly contaminated protein
so i can consume it all and make sure no one gets hurt ;)

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I love how quickly they responded only after it was discovered by the consumers. They did not think to let the people know before hand and only when caught do they come with this excuse. I wouldn't take one scoop of their protein if you paid me but thats just me!
Ever consider the possibility of the FDA being up their asses
until the case was closed?

They just said it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
to be honest, i love all the whey.
Went from buying 5lb tubs of Optimum nutrition
to buying bulk 20-25lb from ATW.

Always good customer service aswell,
so to pay back to all the whey and the anabolic mind community
for that matter,

im allowing ATW to send me all the allegedly contaminated protein
so i can consume it all and make sure no one gets hurt ;)
hahaha that would be nice!

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the quality, they are actual documents so they had to be shrank down to fit the web. If you zoom in on your browser they will be clear and legible since the resolution is high.