Hydrolyzed... not drinkable... foam or chunk

BrandonSS

Awards
I placed an order for my Isolate and its great so far! Cinnabun is pretty damn good.

However, my training partner needed more hydrolyzed whey. He got the Vanilla. If he uses a shaker bottle it fills with a VERY thick foam. So thick he spoons it out into the sink and it just sticks. So he tried mixing with a spoon... no luck.. it just chunks and causes a nice (but funny) gag reflex haha

Is there a secret to mixing that stuff orrr is he just SOL and kiss his $20 goodbye and go back to VP2.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
With the Isolate, I typically get a few scoops into an old Vitamin Water bottle, add a cup of milk, top it off with water. Put the top on, shake it, leave it in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour - it comes out consistent.

I do this because if the protein isn't thoroughly mixed, it's hard for me to drink. I can't stand it clumpy. Not sure it would work with the hydrolyzed stuff, but I don't see why not.

BrandonSS

Awards
I have no problem with the Isolate in my shaker. It mixes just fine for me. The hydrolyzed however, not so much. It reminds me of expanding foam when you attempt to use a shaker, or a bit thicker than whipped cream!!!

He's very unhappy with the purchase, but the bright side is, it was only $20. But he has to spend $30+ more to go back to another/previous brand.

808raoul

Awards
Did you get to taste the hydrolyzed isolate? I was wondering if it was bitter.

I have tried hydrolyzed isolate before but it was another brand and unflavored, it was the worst tasting protein ever. It also foamed, but it wasn't too dense.

BrandonSS

Awards
I use AST VP2 hydrolyzed. It foams just a little but tastes just fine. As for the All They Whey.. (where the hell are the All The Whey reps?!??), no I didnt want to try to eat his coolwhip like protein. He attempted to drink it but it just wasnt happening, even after spooning it out of the shaker, and yes he used around 8-10oz of water, nothing helped. When he attempted the mix it with a spoon he gagged from the clumps and taste lol so I chose not to give it a shot after seeing a guy that drinks raw eggs occasionaly in his shakes that cant stomach that.. no thanks.

BrandonSS

Awards
2 days.. no ATW reps chime in? Hmmmm not a good impression for a first time ATW customer. Not to mention my Fish oil was not delivered and was hand written on the packing slip that it would be mailed ASAP. Its been a week...

dave12

Awards
  • Established
they got these top notch "Shaker Bottles" that have this steel wire ball in them and its makes anything smooth. worth the 6.99 imho

BrandonSS

Awards
sounds like that would possibly work... but does no one use this stuff???

and day 3 without a reply from ATW? Do they not tend to their section of this site? I still dont have any confirmation of my fish oil being sent that was ordered 2 weeks ago...

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
sounds like that would possibly work... but does no one use this stuff???

and day 3 without a reply from ATW? Do they not tend to their section of this site? I still dont have any confirmation of my fish oil being sent that was ordered 2 weeks ago...
went from a week to 2 weeks in one day? try emailing marcus or sending him a pm. ive usually had good experiences with all the whey, them and true protein are the only ones i use anymore, sending an email or a pm will probably clear it up better than a thread. and try using a blender to mix it if you can, that might help as well.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I heard Marcus is no longer working with ATW so I don't know who will be
responding to questions. I hope I can help you with your hydrolyzed whey problem.
When I use hydro whey I mix 1 scoop of hydro, 2 scoops, of X-tend and some glyco-maize and after I shake in a shaker cup that has a strainer I let it sit for about 2 or 3
minutes until the foam settles and then I drink it I have never had the problem with
the hydro the way you described. Make sure you are using a shaker cup with a strainer.

BrandonSS

Awards
I'm seriously going to video this then and post it...

We both have used AST VP2 for the past couple years. All of our shakers have strainers. And I've never in my working out life seen a protein foam up like this.

This must be a bad batch of ATW Hydrolyzed or something because if you shake it AT ALL... 8oz of water in a 20oz shaker.. 1 scoop of ATW Hydrolyzed + shaking = shaker COMPLETELY FULL of foam... very very very thick foam the same consistency of coolwhip I'da say. He tried it again yesterday before we worked out and started to throw away the brand new (3 scoops gone) tub while sayin it was the worst $20 he's ever spent lol I grabbed it out of the trash just incase someone would have a solution or maybe exchange this crap.

BrandonSS

Awards
oh well, the hydrolyzed was thrown away, there was absolutely no way to drink it. I even took it and tried making a shake 20 minutes prior to workout and put it in the fridge... cool whip thickness still. Tried mixing with ice cubes to beat down the foam... not happening. We decided to pitch it and learn to never order hydrolyzed from ATW again. Biggest waste of $20 I've witnessed (at least it wasnt my money).