Lean & Fit Scoop size and measuring issues

vasu

Awards
I just got my first tub of Lean and Fit (cinnamon bun) and went to go make a shake this morning. The label says that 2 scoops should weigh 37.8 grams total for protein, non-dairy creamer, fiber, etc. I'm doing Lyle McDonald's PSMF / RFL diet right now, so measuring things out exactly really helps me stay on target.

Well, I couldn't find the scoop in the tub after much digging around (it'll eventually surface!), so I used a scoop from an ATW Whey Isolate tub. I put the empty scoop on my scale and tared it out so it read 0g so I'd only get the weight of the powder. I scooped up a level scoop and measured it on the scale and it read 30g ... per scoop.

So am I doing something wrong here? Are the scoops different sizes? Because 2 scoops for me is measuring in around 60g not 38g.

vasu

Awards
nevermind, finally found the scoop and it is indeed smaller compared to the regular whey scoop

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Did it taste good though... I have been wanting to try their lean and fit cinnamon bun flavor...

Ohamifat

Awards
Did it taste good though... I have been wanting to try their lean and fit cinnamon bun flavor...
I got the 1lb tubs of all the flavors just to see what they tasted like. I didnt like cinnamon bun or the chocloate mint flavors at all. The Banana was by far my favorite of them all. Today i had one scoop of banana and one scoop of strawberry...that was pretty tasty. Its odd that i really like the Cinnamon Bun ISO but for some reason the L&F Cinn Bun didnt do it for me.

vasu

Awards
Agreed, the cinnamon bun Lean and Fit is a big letdown after trying the isolate. It took me a while to choke down :(

The chocolate version is just fine though .. Would love a cupcake batter version!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I haven't got mine the mail yet but its set for the day after tomorrow.
It would appear to be a perfect combo since its Isolate and micellar, but does anyone know if the BCAA's are that good? Also I'll let everyone know what the strawberry is like asap.

vasu

Awards
I haven't got mine the mail yet but its set for the day after tomorrow.
It would appear to be a perfect combo since its Isolate and micellar, but does anyone know if the BCAA's are that good? Also I'll let everyone know what the strawberry is like asap.
Thanks, since I dont' want to keep drinking the cinnabun version, I'm going to replace it with either banana or strawberry, so a review would be great.

Have you had the regular isolate/blend/concentrate version of ATW strawberry as a reference ?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Concentrate ~ Orange
Calcium caseinate ~ Vanilla

Orange is fine with OJ or apple juice or other types. With water its fine just nothing I crave. I think this is because they don't put a bunch of crazy sweeteners in it.
Vanilla Casein is not very vanilla but I think this has to do with it being Calcium caseinate. The best thing I've had so far is the espresso. Works with water no problem.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Turns out my request to change from strawberry to cinnamon bun actually worked. The tracking still said strawberry. None the less I'm not unimpressed by the taste. Its not overly sweet, probably because there's not a lot of sweeteners in there which in the long run is better. You absolutely have to use a hand blender but I wasn't surprised about that due to the casein and I do anyways cuz I figure it saves time. I would like to know if there are any bcaa's in it though. I'll start another thread with that question.