All the Whey... Casein..?

Cappy

Awards
Hey guys. So, I'm a recent convert from ON Whey to All the Whey and I don't think I'll be looking back...

Anyway, I'm still using ON Casein for my bedtime shake and am wondering if you guys have a recommendation along the lines of All the Whey in terms of the nutritional makeup on another Casein product. Not saying ON is bad but, the difference in terms of whey between the two companies is fairly substantial...

So, if there is something better out there nutritionally I'm up for it. Just need a little direction...

Anyone know why All the Whey doesn't have a Casein product..?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Um yeah dude they do. Two kinds even. Go to the website.
Oh good time to bring up my question too!
What is the major difference (besides flavor) between Alltheywhey Calcium Caseinate and Allthewhey Micellar Casein. Like which lasts longer over night.
I bought Calcium Caseinate because it was a little cheaper..

Cappy

Awards
Well why the hell doesn't Nutra carry their Casein..? And bump to Jesseps post...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
ATW's Micellar Casein is awesome. It mixes thin like whey. Tastes good too. I couldn't stand out hard it was to get ON's to mix. I'd end up choking on a huge dust ball slamming one of those at night.

Something Marc mentioned to make the Casein last a little longer (since it's a little more pricey,) was to mix a little casein (half scoop) with either a half or whole scoop of whey. Adds a little extra flavor too.

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
agreed. I just bought 10lbs of calcium caseinate with the 20% off code. I have taken both kinds before and couldn't tell any real difference but its a good question and if anyone knows I would like to know too.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Nut Planet doesn't have all the different protein types yet. Best part about going there [allthewhey] is the free shipping. They have great sh!t on their site. Not bashing AM.com either... I order plenty of NOW/Universal/Anabolic Innovations/etc off here ;)

Cappy

Awards
Just submitted a request on the NP product request thread. I don't get why they don't offer everything All The Whey has to offer... Strange...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
ohhh ok I can see the price was cheaper on Nut Plan. Still there's some good deals there too. But wow the Pro. isolate price here is pretty low.

Cappy

Awards
You guys typically have lower prices than what the actual company has on their sites... Much love for NP...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude that sale on Nut. Planet is insane. Hope its still around on payday. I stand corrected.

hilty

Awards
different casein products

Since no one answered this, I'll give some basics that I know the difference between micellar casein, milk protein isolate and calcium caseinate.

Micellar casein is the least undenatured form of casein, means contains some bio peptides (live cultures what you get from yogurts), highest calcium content between 3. Micellar casein has naturally 80% casein/20% whey. (for example cows milk has the same ratio, mothers milk has about 50/50 ratio.

Milk protein isolate is processed further and is almost lactose free, lower carbs and fats than micellar. It's a bit like whey isolate and whey concentrate. But this time micellar casein has higher value, I think due to bio peptides and almost double calcium content than milk protein isolate.
Same 80/20 casein content like micellar.

Calcium caseinate is 100% casein, about same calcium content like milk protein isolate, tastes the worst from those 3 but you get the most casein.

There are pros and cons between those 3. Price and taste wise I would choose milk protein isolate. Calcium caseinate should longest to digest, but imo I would rather get the other 2.

Hope that helps:)

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
I currently use casein before bed but was wondering if it would be a good idea to add to iso for post workout. I always thought that iso only is the best after workout because it absorbs quicker but I have heard people say they add a scoop of casein as well. Just wanted some clarification.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. So, I'm a recent convert from ON Whey to All the Whey and I don't think I'll be looking back...

Anyway, I'm still using ON Casein for my bedtime shake and am wondering if you guys have a recommendation along the lines of All the Whey in terms of the nutritional makeup on another Casein product. Not saying ON is bad but, the difference in terms of whey between the two companies is fairly substantial...

So, if there is something better out there nutritionally I'm up for it. Just need a little direction...

Anyone know why All the Whey doesn't have a Casein product..?
they have milk protein isolate which is 80% micellar casein and 20 % whey isolate. good blend for bedtime

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what the ratio is, but their Meal Replacement protein also has Micellar and Whey isolate for $8 less than milk protein...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've always read it was good to add some casein to your post-workout shake. I do so. I can't say that I notice much of a difference except that after like a half hour, I don't feel like my body is starving.