How is ATW Casein?

Ession

Awards
Looking to buy ATW Whey and Casein, heard great stuff about the Whey but how is their casein? (Not taste, results)

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
NO! I'm sorry I love the whey but the casein is god awful. Get ON all natural casein, thats bomb.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
ON casein, i cant down it. I have to sip it or i just want to throw up.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
ON casein, i cant down it. I have to sip it or i just want to throw up.
Yeah my first ON vanilla wasn't good either, but the onn natural casein in chocolate wasn't too bad for a casein. BUT ATW chocolate? I'm sorry, but if i don't hold my breath and chug it, I have a gag reflex. And I'm open to new flavors, but that, is just, death.

Ession

Awards
I just wanted to make an order soon, and was I plan on getting a Whey protein and a Casein and I wanted to know if the users had positive results using the Casein.

I see tons of positives for ATW Whey but no one comments on their Casein...

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I just wanted to make an order soon, and was I plan on getting a Whey protein and a Casein and I wanted to know if the users had positive results using the Casein.

I see tons of positives for ATW Whey but no one comments on their Casein...
Do casein from another company

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
Op. Nut. 100% Casein, either Cookies and Cream or Chocolate, Banana isnt too bad either but it tends to be a little too sweet... avoid vanilla at all costs lol

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just finished a 5lb container of ATW micellar casien and I had no problems with
taste or mixability. When you use micellar casien use 1scoop of casein and 1scoop
of whey and blend it together in a shaker cup and the flavor of the whey will be the
flavor you taste . The vanilla flavored micellar is very lightly flavored and If you mix it
with the whey there should be no taste issues. When someone mixes a whey protein
shake with water in between meals the whey digests so fast so by mixing micellar casein
with it you slow down the digestion and this now becomes a real meal and as a bodybuilder this is what you want. I always recommend blended proteins in between
meals to all the people I help train.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I can't get over how smooth the ATW Micellar Casein is. It has a much thinner consistency than ON Casein or even ATWs Milk Isolate.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
As in a good way? Has there been a change in the formula then, because the first posters weren't too happy with it.
Good way. I hate it when the powder is so thick that you're left with globs stuck to the side of (or inside the lid of,) your bottle that didn't get mixed up. They're a pain to clean up and they also mean that you wasted a little protein.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
ON 100% Casein was good, but it wreaked havoc on my stomach. I just recently finished a tub of ISS Research Micellar Matrix (Chocolate). Mixed easy, tasted good.

I'm currently a quarter way into a 4lb container of Dymatize Elite 12 Hour Protein, and its not pleasant.

I was looking to try ATW's casein.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I just realized I bought the ATW Calicum Caseinate, not Micellular. IDK about Micellular but the calcium caseinate is ballsnasty.

Ession

Awards
Eh just bought ATW Casein and Whey because of that dang 20% discount.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just reordered 15 lbs of the Micellular casien from ALL The Whey and the taste and
powder consistancy is much lighter than ON Casien and it has no chemical taste to it
like ON and the quality is just as good as the Micellular that I get from the Protein
Factory where I would get custom made blends but now I get my protein from All
The Whey they have great prices and excellent proteins.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
ATW Calcium Caseinate
The trick I use is pour the liquid in FIRST and dump powder on top. Get $12 hand blender and blend. Doesn't give the stuff time to sit 'n stew.

I just realized I bought the ATW Calicum Caseinate, not Micellular. IDK about Micellular but the calcium caseinate is ballsnasty.
I can't say I'm in love with it either but the price is right. Mix with OJ or lemonaide. a tea spoon of Purple Wraath kills the taste too but if you can afford PW then you can afford the Micellar