Awards
  • Established
chocolate peanut butter is disgusting.

Do you guys have a return policy?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried emailing Marc, or ATWs customer service directly?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
He bought it from us, since PB Cup is an NP exclusive. I'm very surprised... I love this PB Cup, and have only heard great things about it. What exactly about it don't you like. Have you tried other Peanutbutter proteins?
Wow good call, I completely forgot that little detail and the ATW sub forum threw me.

I too have heard nothing but rave reviews from the PB Cup customers. Have you tried other flavors from ATW before?

T

traxiz

Awards
Maybe you received a bad batch or something. I had a batch of CC batter that wasn't very good once. I think the PB cup is pretty tasty and I've pretty much only heard good things about it so far.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
im lovin PB cup atm. how could u not like it!?!??!

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, this really should not have been approached in this manner. You should have gone directly to NP customer service IMO. No need to bash ATW.

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards
you sound like my gf

If its only five pounds, just drink it.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
He bought it from us, since PB Cup is an NP exclusive. I'm very surprised... I love this PB Cup, and have only heard great things about it. What exactly about it don't you like. Have you tried other Peanutbutter proteins?
I did? How do you know!? You super secret ninja you.

The taste is just so.. ewy. It's not very chocolate peanut butter like or good for that matter. I have to force it down. Which isn't a big deal, except everyone raves about how great ATW's flavors are. I have tried other PBs like Muscle Milk and it was pretty sexy.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Wow good call, I completely forgot that little detail and the ATW sub forum threw me.

I too have heard nothing but rave reviews from the PB Cup customers. Have you tried other flavors from ATW before?
Yes, cinnamon bun is very sexy.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you received a bad batch or something. I had a batch of CC batter that wasn't very good once. I think the PB cup is pretty tasty and I've pretty much only heard good things about it so far.
Perhaps, it could be.

im lovin PB cup atm. how could u not like it!?!??!
I don't know man. I just don't. *Shrug*

If its only five pounds, just drink it.
Well, it seems that's what I'm going to have to do.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Also, this really should not have been approached in this manner. You should have gone directly to NP customer service IMO. No need to bash ATW.

If you can show me how I bashed their company I will humbly apologize. I will concede that, perhaps, it could be perceived that I bashed one of their products. However, this isn't the point of the thread. I only wanted to know if there was a return policy.

Besides, companies NEED to know what people think of their products. I could be the only one who didn't like it. Or, maybe there are others. In which case they can investigate how or why this happened. Customer feedback is very important to companies. Why do you think NP is so successful?

Oh, and I would have directed this to their Customer Service, but I have been reading that people are getting ignored by that platform.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Haha, ohh man. I PROMISE you it's not worse than the 10lbs of Lipotrophic protein i've been pushing down the last 2 months!

Just drink it, and be happy it's not LG protein!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Haha, ohh man. I PROMISE you it's not worse than the 10lbs of Lipotrophic protein i've been pushing down the last 2 months!

Just drink it, and be happy it's not LG protein!
That sucks. Lol, I heard their stuff was sexy as well. Wtf.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is is not sweet enough for you? I ask because you like cinnamon bun etc. Which I like as well, but feel it's a little to sweet to use for to long.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Is is not sweet enough for you? I ask because you like cinnamon bun etc. Which I like as well, but feel it's a little to sweet to use for to long.
I don't think that's the problem. I also agree that Cinnamon bun is too sweet. I can water that down though, if need be. This choc pb cup is just not good at all. Watered down or concentrated. It is just not pleasant.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can show me how I bashed their company I will humbly apologize. I will concede that, perhaps, it could be perceived that I bashed one of their products. However, this isn't the point of the thread. I only wanted to know if there was a return policy.

Besides, companies NEED to know what people think of their products. I could be the only one who didn't like it. Or, maybe there are others. In which case they can investigate how or why this happened. Customer feedback is very important to companies. Why do you think NP is so successful?

Oh, and I would have directed this to their Customer Service, but I have been reading that people are getting ignored by that platform.
not getting into a war about this with you, so I will keep this short and sweet. Look at the title of your thread, and I think that speaks for itself.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
You know what, you are right.

My apologies to ATW. If a mod could edit the title to "Choc PB Cup Tastes Bad" I would appreciate that a lot.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's too bad you don't like it, I happen to quite a bit.

P

purebred

the guy doesn't like the flavor. he's allowed to think something taste like horseshiet. i'm sure if it were really up to him, it would taste fantastic but his taste buds don't agree with it. simple as that lol. not trying to get at anyone in particular. you're all fantastic people. Reaper, i can see how one could get the impression that his thread was an attempted bash. fortunately, it's not and i would venture to say it was an attempt at comic relief considering i'm sure if the situation's as bad as he is, he's going through tough times trying to choke that stuff down. :) let the guy vent haha

is there a way for him to get his money back? yes or no.
if no, I'm sure there are ways to improve the taste, even if only a bit (as some have already suggested ways)

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards
I think if he just man-ed up and drank it, it would be totally "sexy" :laugh:

You can't get any sexier then that, unless you drink your eggs raw. Oh yeah! Sexy!!!

j/k emerge-damn cali lingo is soooo ghey, but its cool if thats how you roll.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I think if he just man-ed up and drank it, it would be totally "sexy" :laugh:

You can't get any sexier then that, unless you drink your eggs raw. Oh yeah! Sexy!!!

j/k emerge-damn cali lingo is soooo ghey, but its cool if thats how you roll.
Eggs raw is not sexy. And, this isn't really cali lingo. Most people I encounter here look at me funny for my vicarious use of the word "sexy."

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Referring to anything that has to do with nutrition or training as "sexy", well, that's just fcuking sexy :D

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised too. I love it. Great stuff.

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards
Referring to anything that has to do with nutrition or training as "sexy", well, that's just fcuking sexy :D
Jumpin on the sexy bandwagon are we...great...thats all we need is every member spouting sexy on every supplement and training topic...lol.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
You're just jealous nobody is calling you sexy.

:p

Lol, I kid.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
chocolate anything tastes like shyte to me...call me crazy:D

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I really don't like the flavor either. I bought two 5lb tubs. Luckily I was able to sell one of the tubs to a guy at work. The other I've been mixing with Choc PB UP2.0 to make it palatable.

I usually love Choc PB, but this stuff is pretty nasty.

On a side note, I like all other flavors I've purchased from ATW.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, interesting to hear. I would love to try Choc PB Cup, but I'm guessing Nutraplanet doesn't do samples, unless I'm mistaken (I asked for a sample of vanilla with my last order and didn't get anything).

Just curious OP did you get the Blend or the Isolate?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, interesting to hear. I would love to try Choc PB Cup, but I'm guessing Nutraplanet doesn't do samples, unless I'm mistaken (I asked for a sample of vanilla with my last order and didn't get anything).

I'm pretty sure it was the blend. As it is cheaper.

S

silver2k

Awards
I guess it is a your mileage may vary kind of thing...chocolate peanut butter cup is my favorite flavor. I usually don't like chocolate flavors either...in fact choc pb cup is the only chocolate flavor I like. I wish they sold it in other proteins besides whey as I don't use whey really since they started putting half casein in lean n fit.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Unfortunately we haven't been provided with any samples, so we have none to give.

Other than Emerge and Tribaltek, I've heard almost nothing but glowing reviews. Not criticizing you two in any way mind you; I love the stuff and this 5lb will be gone soon. Going to pick up 10lbs next time.

K

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I see (as of today 4/5) that the ChocoPeanutButter Flavor is currently out of stock!! Do you have an eta?......Soon I hope!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
No prob Steve. I could have gotten a bad batch, or maybe my taste buds just do not agree with the flavor. I have no hate towards ATW or NP. I'll probably still order from them. I will stay away from this flavor though.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
im ordering a nice big tub of this stuff since its cheap. thank you ATW for the good price. is cake batter or cinnabun good? which is better i want something good because im gonna be drinking lots of it.

C

channelx99

Awards
I ordered some chocolate peanut butter cup as well, and while not the worst protein Ive tasted, I really didnt like it either. The chocolate part is ok, but the peanut butter flavoring they added just tastes artificial and nothing like it should. Im just going to be sticking with my cinnamon bun in the future.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
thank you for this thread. i dont see it as bashing at all! i was looking at this whey. i wanted to see how it compared to syntha-6 chocolate peanutbutter.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
btw if anyone here wouldnt mind sending me a sample of their chocolate PB whey, i would greatly appreciate it!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
No prob Steve. I could have gotten a bad batch, or maybe my taste buds just do not agree with the flavor. I have no hate towards ATW or NP. I'll probably still order from them. I will stay away from this flavor though.
you probably got a "bad batch"

I notice sometimes the sweetness and flavoring vary within the protein. I remember at times when cinnamon bun was overbearingly sweet and at times almost sorta bland. I think the flavoring system they use is the same, but the amount of perhaps sucralose is less in some batches?

Sometimes the flavor is bold and sweet, at other times a little plain almost as if the flavoring wasn't really there. Still it's protein. I just noticed an overall inconsistency with the sweetness of the flavor.

This comes from someone who has ordered nothing but ATW products for about a year now. I have probably had over 40+ tubs. Most of the times the flavor is right, but at times I do know what you mean, it taste like butt when you compare it to the other few times youve had it.

I actually though chocolate peanut butter was pretty good. Properly flavored sorta sweet in fact, but then agian I've only tried one tub of it. Something like chocolate flavor and especially cake batter that really vary.

I remember the first time I had it, it was a bit way too sweet in fact and then the second time around it tasted like muddy vanilla water. It's all about the amount of water you need to use. Adjust that and you should be fine.

Maybe it's just me though haha. ATW has raised the standard on protein taste for me. Any less than ATW quality and flavor, and it bugs my taste buds.

ATW is really the only protein that I for some reason don't have an allergic reaction to. Weird I know, but muscle milk, or ONWHEY makes me break out all over my face in like little acne hives or w/e.

No one has been able to explain it, all I know is that it happens. That just tells me right there that ATW quality is probably very good compared to other brands. If they were to change the quality, I would know it right away. So far so good though :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2 on the variability. I just got a Cinnabun that was a lot less sweet than my last one; the good news is my family doesnt like strongly-flavoured protein, so its perfect for them. I haven't tried my most recent batch of Choc PB Cup, but I'll let you know on Sunday.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am psyched, my PB Cup is being delivered today, cant wait to try it out

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Its really good. This is the first time I have tried it. It has become the best tasting protein powder I have tried.

I'm torn (HAHA) between getting another PB Cup or trying Cinni Bun.