Wazy Maize Starch?

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if anyone else has tried ATW waxy maize starch and noticed the consistency to be very thick and almost gel like. I have tried supercarb and NP's waxy maize and both mixed very well, used about 20oz water with 1 scoop and still very thick, taste is very neutral. If anyone has tried please give me your feedback.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its tru waxymaize made from amylopectin only. All other waxymaizE that doesn't have that consistency isn't truly waxymaize. Or it is but not like the vitargo. That's a good consistency however its a pain to mix

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro, makes sense, I'm just gonna mix it by itself and man up and get it down.

808raoul

Awards
Just mixed up a scoop WM w/ 20 oz.

Yup, it's kinda thick. Like gravy, Reminds me of MHP Dark Matter.

Put couple scoops of AI Excell (amino acids) into it. Pretty good for a during workout drink.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I mixed with my Xtend post workout the added flavor helps alot, getting more used to it, also if I chug it down right away it doesn't thicken until about 20 seconds after mixing.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its tru waxymaize made from amylopectin only. All other waxymaizE that doesn't have that consistency isn't truly waxymaize. Or it is but not like the vitargo. That's a good consistency however its a pain to mix

:goodpost:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wish I knew bout this waxy instead of buyin np brand. Mix atw waxy qwith 15g bcaa 5g creatine drink it down wait 40 min or so eat a meal consisting of pro carb and healthy fat. Or wait 20 min thn have atw wpi then wait an hour and have a meal

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing as follows for post workout 1.5 scoops waxy maize, 1.5 scoops wpi, 0.5 scoops mpi, 1 scoop extend, followed by fruit.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
See the whole thing behind the waxy is the molecular weight and fast absorbtion ect. Add wpi to it and is slows everything down. That's why just add bcaas and creatine that don't require digestion. And certainly don't have fruit after u have waxy becuae there is only 10 % conversion rate to glycogen which means if u have 20g sugar from fruit 2 will be used for glycogen the rest will goto the liver (but the waxy will replenich live and muscle) meaning the fructose will only be converted to fat for storage

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get the saem consistency, but either way, you just suck it up and get the stuff down. Great with a little WPI

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards

I just recieved my order from ATW and the dry texture is that of maltodextrin and smells like brown rice. When mix it gels like pysillium hush fiber. So are you saying these are true characteristics of wms?

I can't see np, bulknutrition and ids all selling bunk wms...I've tried them all and they all had that starchy appeareace and taste. ATW is the only one that seems to be different.

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards

Good news.
Ok, went back and did some further research and it does seem that atw wms has the same gel like consistancy as vitargo (which is barley amylopectin).
IDS, NP, and Bulknutrition are using corn amylopectin, which is the reason their are differences in texture, taste and smell. Either way its all good, just as long as it does what is suppose to do.