Question about my straw isolate

sncaufield

Awards
I just got my 5 lb strawberry isolate. I tried my friends straw blend and it was great. I put a scoop into about 8-10 oz of skim milk and it was just.. so... fizzy. Like a shook up beer. I had my cup filled up with 3/4 milk i'd say and put it in to my shaker with the protein. After I shook it all up, i poured it back in the cup and it was just really thick. It didn't even all fit back into my cup... is this normal? The flavor was okay... but it wasn't even like a liquid anymore. It was all fizzy... I've only had ON Gold standard before this and it was fine. Thoughts?

FootBallBeast

Awards
I just got my 5 lb strawberry isolate. I tried my friends straw blend and it was great. I put a scoop into about 8-10 oz of skim milk and it was just.. so... fizzy. Like a shook up beer. I had my cup filled up with 3/4 milk i'd say and put it in to my shaker with the protein. After I shook it all up, i poured it back in the cup and it was just really thick. It didn't even all fit back into my cup... is this normal? The flavor was okay... but it wasn't even like a liquid anymore. It was all fizzy... I've only had ON Gold standard before this and it was fine. Thoughts?
Yea I hate that. The thickness is from the Xanthan Gum - some people like the texture, but I don't. I find it's less fizzy and thick when you mix it with a spoon, so I don't use a shaker cup anymore.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
If you let it sit for a few minutes it will settle; air gets trapped in the shake. Depending on what's in mine, sometimes I can get double the volume in just air bubbles!

sncaufield

Awards
If you let it sit for a few minutes it will settle; air gets trapped in the shake. Depending on what's in mine, sometimes I can get double the volume in just air bubbles!
Haha yeah thats what happened to me. it almost filled up my whole shaker bottle thats like.. 24oz. But when I stirred it, it was fine. Only foamed up with the shaker. I was getting a little nervous about my purchase for a little there, but now its all good and tastes great. I stir it and put it in my fridge before I go to the gym and cover it in aluminum (probably not needed, but just in case) and get back and stir it for a few more seconds and it's great.

I'll be getting my cinnabun blend probably on Monday. Will it be the same way? Or should I try the shaker for that?