Does anyone use the Opti-blend protein powder?

Curly19

Awards
I am interested in the Opti-blend powder and was wondering if anyone uses this?

Would this be appropriate for Post Work out shakes?
And , I understand its sweetened with glucose, how does it taste?

I am thinking about ordering either the vanilla or the orange flavor, thoughts please?

Thank you!

Curly19

Awards
Its a very good all natural blend!!
Thank you. I forgot to ask, what is Taurine?
And , would you recommend orange or vanilla? ( is the orange really "orangy?" or does it taste like a creamsicle? Thanks again :)

Curly19

Awards
Great link, thank you so much!

I normallly mix my post workout shakes with water, and a package of crystal lite flavoring. (strawberry, orange, grape, etc). I love orange flavors normally, but I have had a few protein powders that the orange didnt really taste like orange! But, I also had one that it tasted like a creamsicle, when mixed just with water.

traxiz

Awards
I've been using Opti-Blend (Chocolate) for the past few weeks and I've liked it for the most part. In terms of taste I find that I need to add some sugar or honey in order to achieve the same level of sweetness as blend or isolate. Aside from that it is a pretty solid product and a great alternative to ON's Natural Whey.

Curly19

Awards
I've been using Opti-Blend (Chocolate) for the past few weeks and I've liked it for the most part. In terms of taste I find that I need to add some sugar or honey in order to achieve the same level of sweetness as blend or isolate. Aside from that it is a pretty solid product and a great alternative to ON's Natural Whey.
The flavoring is my only concern. I really dont want to have to add any sugar to it. I am used to protein powders sweetened, but thought this may be a nice choice without artificial sweetners.

I am still leaning towards the orange flavor, and wonder how sweet the orange flavor is on its own? Has anyone else tried this flavor?
Thank you!

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just start with 4-6 oz of liquid till you find the desired taste.