Casein or Milk Isolate

True74Seneca

Hey guys, ive been searching and searching and i cant seem to be able to find a topic that answers my question directly.

I use Whey for after my workout.

Now here is my question, before bed, should i use casein or milk isolate??

Ive been using whey for post workout and before bed. Now i want a slower digesting protein for before bed so i was wondering what was better. I see ATW's Milk protein is cheaper then the casein but if the casein will help my body during sleep more, i will get that.

Either way im ordering from you guys as i have been for a while, just wanting to switch things up a bit. Thanks alot.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
milk isolate is around 70% casein, 30% whey give or take. Its an excellent protein to use anytime.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize 12 hour Fudge Brownie is what I use before bed. its around 36 bucks for a 5 pounder.

True74Seneca

ok thanks, so to take only before bed, Milk is better then the casein?? and one more question, should i get the whey blend or isolate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
"Better" is hard to judge, but its cheaper... basically you get the whey portion of the milk isolate for free. What I mean is that the 100% casein costs you $10/lb, but the 70% casein in the milk isolate only costs $7/lb. So effectively you pay nothing extra for the whey that is in the milk isolate. Its also handy in general as you can still use it post workout if you needed to as in a 30g protein serving you are still getting 9g of relatively fast whey along with the 21g of casein.

True74Seneca

Hey marc, quick question, i ordered my stuff on the 3rd, it was confirmed on the 4th, but it still has yet to ship? Is there something going on? Thanks Bro