Lactose???

FootBallBeast

Awards
My brother claims the whey is hurting his stomach because of lactose. How much is there precisely per scoop?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"The whey" is a very vague term.

What kind of Whey does he have?

EDIT: This thread might be useful to you.

EDIT 2:

Whey Protein Isolate Facts:
* 25 g protein
* 28.4 g serving size
* zero ion exchange
* zero fat * less than 1g lactose
* superior amino acid profile and BCAA's
* highest PER (protein efficiency ratio)
* highest NPU (net protein utilization)
* easily digested
* more protein by gram than any other
* supports muscle repair and recovery
* 16 servings per pound
* no trans fats* gluten free
* safe for lactose intolerants

I've purchased 105lbs of ATW Isolate, the only one I can take up to 10 servings a day and not notice any stomach problems, gotta be something else man.

soundcheck129

Awards
Yes same exact. I never heard of our isolate giving anyone problems??
I'm very sensitive to most dairy products, but ATW has given me no problems whatsoever...maybe it's something else he's eating?

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards
I'm very sensitive to most dairy products, but ATW has given me no problems whatsoever...maybe it's something else he's eating?
Probably so, is he mixing it with milk?

If he still thinks its the whey iso (which I highly doubt) have go down to his local health store and pick up some lactase enyzme and take it with every shake. Its very cheap ($5-7 per bottle), and I'm sure that will clear up any lactose intolerance issues, if that is the problem.

FootBallBeast

Awards
Probably so, is he mixing it with milk?

If he still thinks its the whey iso (which I highly doubt) have go down to his local health store and pick up some lactase enyzme and take it with every shake. Its very cheap ($5-7 per bottle), and I'm sure that will clear up any lactose intolerance issues, if that is the problem.
lol... I think lactose intolerant people know not to drink milk... he's mixing it with soy milk.

qwerty123456

qwerty123456

Awards
lol... I think lactose intolerant people know not to drink milk... he's mixing it with soy milk.
lol...my bad. Is he still having problems with it? If so, those enyzmes should clear it up.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes same exact. I never heard of our isolate giving anyone problems??
Interestingly, I seem to have no problems with typical whey and blends. But isolates make my stomach go crazy. Any logic to this scenario? :think:

Btw, your cinnamon protein is outstanding!

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interestingly, I seem to have no problems with typical whey and blends. But isolates make my stomach go crazy. Any logic to this scenario? :think:

ATW Isolate?

FootBallBeast

Awards

Huh??? That's weird... maybe I'll get my brother some blends to try if there's something weird going on with the isolates...

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Isolate shouldn't be affecting him at all unless its the flavoring system?? Tell him to try it in water maybe its the mixture of whey and soy milk?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isolate shouldn't be affecting him at all unless its the flavoring system?? Tell him to try it in water maybe its the mixture of whey and soy milk?
Nope, never had any problems with any ATW proteins. I guess I should have said that in the first place.

I also suspected the flavoring systems were the culprit in some of the isolates that have bothered me. I guess we were on the same page brotha. Thanks for the reply :cheers:

kaleyrae90

kaleyrae90

Awards
I ordered some All The Whey protein from Nutraplanet and I'm having a lot of trouble with them. It's been a week since the order and the order hasn't even shipped yet. They told me All The Whey had been not cooperating... has anyone else had any issues with them?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I ordered some All The Whey protein from Nutraplanet and I'm having a lot of trouble with them. It's been a week since the order and the order hasn't even shipped yet. They told me All The Whey had been not cooperating... has anyone else had any issues with them?
I would have just ordered it from ATW. Especially when they are offering a free shipping coupon.

AFOX

Awards
I would have just ordered it from ATW. Especially when they are offering a free shipping coupon.
If he orders it straight from ATW he will wait even longer. They have the worst shipping department in the country.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Where ya been the last year? Ship times have been perfect son.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to follow up, I tried the Cupcake ATW Isolate. Taste is very good (although I'm not picky usually) and it does NOT irritate my stomach at all. It's a good product and I will buy it again in the future :thumbsup:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

it may be digesting too fast because its a pure isolate try adding so ANPB and see if it helps.