Dextrose or Maltodextrin?

J

jairzinho

Awards
What is everyone's experience with these 2 regarding bloating?

Specifically, which of the 2 would you say causes more bloating?

Thanks in advance.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Neither

Waxy Maize or nothing for me.

L

liquidc

Awards
Whether it be Dextrose, Malodextrin, Waxy Maze, Hydrolized rice syrup or whatever new over-priced fast acting carbohydrate they come with next and tell you it's 10x better than the one before because some scientist says so, they all at the end get converted into glucose. All are very fast converters, some a little faster than others, some with a little less bloat for certain users. They will all work period. I personally like good old dextrose, but Malodextrin worked the same for me, just it had no flavor. If I'm taking in carbs, I figured they should at least be sweet.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dextrose is my personal favorite, it tastes good and I handle it a lot better than Malto. Maltodextrin seems to give me an upset stomach and doesn't seem to digest as well for some reason ( i know they are very similar but my anecdotal(sp) experience proves otherwise).

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Dextrose is my personal favorite, it tastes good and I handle it a lot better than Malto. Maltodextrin seems to give me an upset stomach and doesn't seem to digest as well for some reason ( i know they are very similar but my anecdotal(sp) experience proves otherwise).
lol - I was just going to post that dextrose seems to give me more of an upset stomach so I prefer malto. Oh, and I didn't like the fact that dextrose tastes WAY too sweet for me. Although dextrose does dissolve better than malto.

I guess the OP should buy both and test with his own body.

Oh, and OP I prefer Waizy Maize Starch over either of them.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
lol - I was just going to post that dextrose seems to give me more of an upset stomach so I prefer malto. Oh, and I didn't like the fact that dextrose tastes WAY too sweet for me. Although dextrose does dissolve better than malto.

I guess the OP should buy both and test with his own body.

Oh, and OP I prefer Waizy Maize Starch over either of them.
Yeah it really is an individual thing.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
I like to feel it working, I actually get a bit of a pump with WMS