ICJLM is on the patch !!!! -- Melatonin+GABA log (AgeForce sponsored)

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
So I recently found out that I was selected to do a log of AgeForce's Melatonin Patch! The log will be right here on AM for your reading pleasure. Gotta give a thanks to AgeForce, and especially to mattrag for running the promo! This is gunna be a neat experience, and will probably change the way I think of this transdermal delivery stuff, be it for better or for worse.

Let's do this!​

AgeForce-melatonin.jpg

Here is the application I filled in, just so you get a better idea of where I'm coming from with this log:
What patch would you like to log?-
I am really interested in trying out the melatonin patch because I think it could help me immensely. I am in the second day of the new semester and I am somehow feeling burnt out already haha. My classes start earlier than they have during previous semesters, and I am paying the price already. There is no way I will be getting my desired 9 hours of rest every night, so hopefully this can help optimize my sleepy time :)

What is your goal with this patch?-
I don't just wanna SLEEP every night, I wanna go into HIBERNATION!!!! I am hoping to get the most restful sleep possible each and every night, so that I wake up ready to CRUSH each and every day. If I don't get enough sleep, I just don't feel as mentally sharp as usual; which is not like me.

Also, I am in the midst of recovering from an injury that occurred while training on Dec. 12 of 2011. I was simply training ballz to the wall for too long a period. Maybe this deep sleep can help with the tissue repair.

In addition, I tend to have many blemishes on my face more often than not. This issue is typically exacerbated by a lack of quality rest. When I don't sleep well, my face will fight back by breaking out! So, I am hoping this can help with my skin. I love the inclusion of GABA, because this could assist in a greater GH release. This would certainly help with any skin issues.

...I kinda hope this gives me crazyass dreams too. There is just something about strange dreams that really makes sleeping that much more enjoyable

Why should we let you log this?-
Because you will most likely make a repeat customer out of me! When I first heard about AgeForce and the whole transdermal delivery concept, I thought it sounded like complete garbage. My skepticism soon turned to intrigue, especially once I heard the multiple appearances by Steve Lapidus on Super Human Radio. If Carl Lanore (the host of the podcast) was endorsing these patches, then I knew they were legit. From this point on, AgeForce products have really piqued my interest. The sleep patch was definitely the first one on my list of AgeForce products to try... and now is the chance!

Able to update 3-4x a week?-
No problemo! I usually like to include before and after pics too, but idk if that would really be necessary for this product. Maybe I can do headshots that will potentially show the improvement in my skin's health?

Current other supplements?-
Lately I haven't been taking a whole lot. Haha I am not used to this, it feel so weird! I have just been taking 3-7 fish oil softgels a day (NOW Omega-3) and half a tablet of my multi (NOW ADAM). Some days I will take extra Vit D or some extra Zinc, but that is about it.

Links to any other logs or reviews?-
My most recent log here on AM was a sponsored run of CL's product Blue GrowtH. I guess this product is kind of similar in some ways, and I am hoping to see some noticeable effects!

Like I said, I am recuperating from an injury I got back in mid-December... so don't expect the insane training that is typical of me. But I will definitely still benefit from this product just as much as anyone else. I had to take a full three weeks off of weight training entirely after getting hurt. I have eased my way back into it and am now performing just about every exercise, but none at the level I was at before. I feel like my muscular endurance has gone down the tubes like crazy, but I know it will come back quickly. Also, t is almost as though my kinesthetic awareness has been affected due to the lack of use of certain muscles. I find myself jittering on certain exercises, haha it's like being a noob again. Since returning, I have not put more than 315 on the bar for squats or deads, or more than 205 for bench.

As of now, I will be training each muscle once every six days. It will probably be something like this:
1 chest/bis
2 legs
3 delts/tris
4 core/cardio
5 back(including traps, and will deadlift most days)
6 rest

Today I did some core and a little bit of cardio. I just did an ab circuit sort of thing followed by 20 minutes on the stepmill. I had never used the stepmill before but always wanted to.... and holy $hit; that was the longest 20 mins of my life. I varied the pace throughout, but probably averaged about 80 steps/min. I was sweating like crazy, but I felt great afterwards. I haven't sweat like that since before I hurt myself back on December 12. Oh, and I also decided to do a bit of calves afterwards just for the hell of it.

Stay tuned for more updates, and I may just wait til I start using the Melatonin Patch to give more frequent training updates. I just wanted to get the log up and running to see if anyone had any particular suggestions as to how to use the product. I have never used a "patch" product, or any other supplement that utilizes a transdermal delivery system. From what I have read, putting it on the top of the foot is a good place to start, so that is likely what I will do.

If anyone has any suggestion at all, please feel free to voice them. Not just opinions about how to best use the product (like timing,placement,etc.), but also opinions about what to include in the log. Thanks for stopping by!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First in!! Good luck w/ it bro!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Get ya t shirt yet?

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I have been working to get my strength back to where it was pre-injury, in addition to my body weight. At one point I was down to 185 after having been 200 before the injury. I am back at a consistent 190 lbs, which is a little better, but certainly not where I want to be. The pitiful part is that I am definitely not any leaner now than I was at 200 lbs.....

I benched on Monday and ended up putting 225 on the bar. It was my second true chest workout since the injury, and 225 felt alright. It of course felt heavier than it used to, but I was still able to get 5 unassisted reps. I feel as though I still can move the weight with the same velocity as before for the first couple reps, but there is a huge difference with how quickly I fatigue compared to my pre-injured self.

Then on Tuesday I squatted. I worked up to 275 and did a couple sets of 5 reps. Again, the weight felt a little heavier off the rack, but I still had no problem moving it for the first couple reps. It is simply a matter of hitting a fatigue threshold much sooner than before. The rest of the leg workout actually went really well. I was able to do all of my other weights on exercises like extensions and leg presses, which was nice. Although it could be because I did not squat as intensely in the beginning of the workout as I ordinarily would. Normally I would do 5+ sets at a weight of 315+, so I usually don't have as much energy in the tank after squats.

DOMS are down significantly from last week, seeing as that was my first week actually being able to hit every muscle group. My chest was absolutely destroyed after last week's chest workout, yet I am not even sore from Monday's despite using heavier weights.

As for my sleep, I have been sleeping fine as usual, but I am not getting as many hours of rest as I would like to. This has been leading to a lot of midday fatigue, certainly more than I am used to experiencing. I'm only averaging about 7.5 hours of sleep per night, so I hope this patch can help maximize my time between the sheets !! Can't wait for the product to come in!

Stay tuned, peeps!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I see many people have received their patches. I have not yet, but I'm sure I will probably get it tomorrow. I cannot wait. I usually always sleep really well, other than the fact that I get up probably 1-4 times to piss every night... But last night, I slept like absolute sh*t for the first time in a while. It was really bizarre. I kept waking up, and when I fell back asleep soon after it felt as though I was in a really light sleep. Last night was definitely an exception for me, but still, I cannot wait for this patch regardless.

A couple questions though:
If I know I am not able to commit nine hours to sleep since I have an alarm that will go off, should I apply the patch earlier on in the evening before getting ready for bed?
Also, is it critical that it is applied to freshly cleaned skin?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can apply it 30-45mins before bed I think. I usually use an alcohol wipe or something when I apply the patch on the tops of my feet. :D

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you need to commit 9 hours to sleep. The instructions say to leave it on for a continuous 6-8 hours. I don't think they're suggesting you wake up 6 hours into your sleep, take it off, then go back to sleep. :p

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Well it is 11:37 pm... Just applied my first patch! I just got out of the shower a few minutes ago, so my body is thoroughly cleaned. I put it on my left foot. I should hopefully be asleep within an hour. It is not a matter of me being able to fall asleep, but the fact that I have to study for a physiology quiz tomorrow. My alarm will be going off at 7:30 am tomorrow, so I will likely be getting ~7 hours of sleep. I will report back tomorrow to see how I feel!

Stay tuned, gents!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
As stated in the last post, I put the patch on at about 11:37 pm before studying (Good news: I got a 100 on my physiology quiz!). I think I was asleep just a couple minutes after 12:30 am. Right when I settled into bed for the night I glanced at the clock and read 12:30 before falling right to sleep shortly after. This, I do not think is due to the patch. Rather, I usually always fall right asleep.

My alarm was set for 7:30, but I got up to pee at 7:00 (along with a couple previous times in the night I woke to pee as well). When I laid back down at 7:01 or so, I felt like I could get out of bed earlier than planned, but I usually do feel this way when I wake up shortly before my alarm... but like anyone, I wanted to sleep as long as possible before my alarm! So in all, this felt like a normal night's sleep for me. I did not (and still have not) experienced any sort of general fatigue today. This is also typical, because I do not always get that lousy midday feeling, although it does certainly happen from time to time.

The only thing unusual to note about my sleep last night is that I was definitely doing a lot of dreaming. I usually tend to have dreams that I can recall just about every night, but they rarely stand out too much so I kind of forget about them... But last night I had a dream about snakes, which is one of my few recurring dreams (although I have not had this dream in a long time). Basically the way it goes is: I will be doing something outdooors like sunbathing or playing sports or something else of that sort. I will then soon notice that there are snakes EVERYWHERE. Snakes of all sizes and colors will basically cover the ground/grass wherever I look.

The bad part about this is that I f*cking HATE snakes. I wouldn't necessarily call this dream a nightmare when I have it, rather I just find it to be very unpleasant. We will see how things go for the next 29 days. Tonight I will probably put the patch on my foot again. Stay tuned!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I notice much better dreaming on the melatonin patches. Like WAY better. Haha.
Glad you are getting those effects as well.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I just put the patch on a few minutes ago at 10:50 pm. Rather than have to wash my foot and whatnot, I decided to just rinse off my forearm and put it there. The skin is pretty darn thin there, and I have a nice network of veins that are very visible, so that should hopefully be a good spot.

Now it's time to do some studying before bed

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just put the patch on a few minutes ago at 10:50 pm. Rather than have to wash my foot and whatnot, I decided to just rinse off my forearm and put it there. The skin is pretty darn thin there, and I have a nice network of veins that are very visible, so that should hopefully be a good spot.

Now it's time to do some studying before bed
Yea that spot should work. I'm limited because I'm not super lean and I got a lot of hair... Judging from your avatar you are both lean and hairless lol.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to slap my patch a few times after I put it on to increase blood flow to the area. Lol...sounds kinda weird but it's a theory of mine.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Yea that spot should work. I'm limited because I'm not super lean and I got a lot of hair... Judging from your avatar you are both lean and hairless lol.
Lean, yes. Hairless, no. I still have a little boy body so I don't have much chest or back hair! But I do have relatively hairy arms and legs. For some reason when I take these crappy low res pics from my webcam it looks like I have no body hair, but I like it that way anyways!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I like to slap my patch a few times after I put it on to increase blood flow to the area. Lol...sounds kinda weird but it's a theory of mine.
Kinda makes sense to me tbh. I had the same sort of idea in mind too because I was rubbing my patch last night hoping to produce the same effect.... That sounds really dirty; "rubbing my patch" hahahaha

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Well I tossed tonight's patch on about ten minutes ago at 11:50. There is nothing special to note about last night's sleep. I wouldn't say it was out of the ordinary by any means. Tonight I am hoping for some awesome sleep, because I do not have classes at all on Friday. So I will be sleeping in 'til a reasonable hour, and then waking up to do some fasted cardio, abs, and calves. That was today's workout, but I was really busy so I decided to do it on Friday when I had a lot of extra free time. Time to get ready for bed. I'll let ya'll know about my rest tomorrow!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lean, yes. Hairless, no. I still have a little boy body so I don't have much chest or back hair! But I do have relatively hairy arms and legs. For some reason when I take these crappy low res pics from my webcam it looks like I have no body hair, but I like it that way anyways!
lol. Just gotta dim down them lights and the resolution heheh

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I tossed tonight's patch on about ten minutes ago at 11:50. There is nothing special to note about last night's sleep. I wouldn't say it was out of the ordinary by any means. Tonight I am hoping for some awesome sleep, because I do not have classes at all on Friday. So I will be sleeping in 'til a reasonable hour, and then waking up to do some fasted cardio, abs, and calves. That was today's workout, but I was really busy so I decided to do it on Friday when I had a lot of extra free time. Time to get ready for bed. I'll let ya'll know about my rest tomorrow!
Recover well buddy!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Slapped the patch on my left foot twenty minutes ago at 12:50 am. Did all my pre-bed stuff, ie brushing teeth, washing face, etc. Time to lay down now and get some rest. I have felt really lousy for about the last 36 hours or so, because I think I may be getting sick. Although rather than getting full on sickness, I feel as though my body has fought it off. There is a ton of viral stuff going around campus right now, so I am hoping to avoid it. A good night's rest will certainly help!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slapped the patch on my left foot twenty minutes ago at 12:50 am. Did all my pre-bed stuff, ie brushing teeth, washing face, etc. Time to lay down now and get some rest. I have felt really lousy for about the last 36 hours or so, because I think I may be getting sick. Although rather than getting full on sickness, I feel as though my body has fought it off. There is a ton of viral stuff going around campus right now, so I am hoping to avoid it. A good night's rest will certainly help!
Melatonin is also a damn strong anti oxidant. :)

Rest well bro.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Patch applied: 12:50 am
Fell asleep: ~1:30 am
Removed patch: 10:15 am
Awoke: 10:15 am

When I woke up at 10:15 this morning, it was immediately obvious that it was time to get up; ie I did not feel like I needed to roll over and get more sleep. I think this is a good thing. It means I was immediately ready to take on the day. I slept very well last night, only waking up a couple times to take a piss. Haha there is simply absolutely no avoiding that, because I just drink way too much water throughout the day. Sometimes I will try restricting my H20 intake later on in the evening, but last night I was feeling very thirsty and even had dry mouth when I woke up. This is likely a result of this stupid cold that I'm battling right now. I'm hoping I don't get a midday slump today, but it feels as though I will have sustained energy for the rest of the day... Good thing, cuz I have some studying to do for our first big anatomy exam coming up this week :grumpy::thumbsdown:

I'll probably write back later once I put on tonight's patch.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with the anatomy!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the anatomy!
Thanks, FL3X. I wish luck were all I needed to ace this exam! But it seems only hours and hours of studying will do the trick. I never expected anatomy to have soooooooooo much info involved.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, FL3X. I wish luck were all I needed to ace this exam! But it seems only hours and hours of studying will do the trick. I never expected anatomy to have soooooooooo much info involved.
Human body be complex as hell! hahaha

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I put the patch on my right foot not too long ago at about 10:45 pm. Tomorrow's alarm clock will be going off at 7:30 am. I'm planning to do a bit of studying until about 11:30, before falling asleep. We'll see how it goes. I'll write back tomorrow....

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am using this, honestly I am not impressed. 10mgs of oral melatonin go a long way compared to this.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Woke up at 5:15 am to piss and absolutely cannot fall back asleep.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Recap of last night:
-Put it on last night at 10:45 pm
-Fell asleep at 12:20 am after studying
-Woke up at 5:15 am to piss, and removed the patch
-Laid in bed awake and unable to fall asleep for about 40 minutes
-Alarm went off at 7:30 am, and then my day began

I felt like absolute sh*t today. Probably the worst day I have had literally in years. I'm not attributing anything to the patch, but because of stress. I had this anatomy lab quiz today, which had a ridiculous amount of material on it, none of which I had a grasp on. Then I have a big exam for anatomy on thursday, which is probably going to absolutely rape me. And I have our first big physiology exam on wednesday. Oh and I have some BS first exam for this sh*tty religions class along with a weekly quiz in this stats class also on thursday... wow typing that out just made me realize that I have three of those on the same day. Excellent!

So, anyhow, it is clear I am not in a very positive mindset. I am feeling fine now, but I was the most miserable person on Earth this morning. Once I got that anatomy lab quiz out of the way (got a 15/15 on it btw, but I also spent two hours studying before it causing me to miss a meal which made me even more angry) I was feeling better. There was just so much hanging over my head. Then I hit the gym, which was pretty lousy btw, but I felt so much better afterwards. Like a thousand times better. What really messed up my sleep and mood was the stress of all this crap that I know I have to do hanging over my head, and the fact that I hadn't trained since Friday. I planned on taking the weekend off, but it looks like I am too exercise addicted to allow that to happen again haha.

But now I am kinda getting back to my easy-going/optimistic/carefree/kind self... Just gotta realize sometimes that these problems are just so miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes it is just challenging to convince yourself of that once you get so worked up. Oh well, life goes on.

On another note, I put tonight's patch on at 10:45 pm. Probably just gunna fap and then get to bed (no need for me to share that, haha I just kinda felt like sharing tho). Hopefully that same thing doesn't happen to me tomorrow morning where I can't fall back asleep, or I will probably be really pissed.... It won't though! That was honestly the first time in my entire life where I have not been able to fall back asleep after waking up to pee. Bad times, bad times.... Tomorrow's alarm will be going off at 8:00 am, so I hope to be asleep by midnight at the lastest. I'll write back tomorrow. Hopefully in my usual cheery mood!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I am using this, honestly I am not impressed. 10mgs of oral melatonin go a long way compared to this.
What has your experience been like so far? You simply aren't noticing much?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, looks like you had a crap day. Glad you aced that quiz though! haha. You are one diciplined student... when I was in college I don't think I studied THAT hard. I majored in Business management and finance though... not something hard like a science lol.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Wow, looks like you had a crap day. Glad you aced that quiz though! haha. You are one diciplined student... when I was in college I don't think I studied THAT hard. I majored in Business management and finance though... not something hard like a science lol.
I used to be extremely disciplined with school work until bodybuilding entered my life. I excelled like crazy with academics, but then started slacking off once BBing became a priority. Unfortunately, my priorities have shifted a bit more towards school work lately due to my injury limiting me from going ballz out in the gym. It's probably a good thing though, because this semester is going to demand much more of my time if I plan to keep getting A's. As much as I'd like to be focusing mainly on lifting and pigging out in the dining hall like in previous years, my attention has to be averted more towards studying instead! Ughhhhh. Oh well, AIN'T NOTHIN' TO IT BUT TO DO IT!

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
So last night I slept fine, but did wake up from a horrible HORRIBLE dream at one point. It woke me up around the same time as the previous night at about 5 am. To make a long story short, the dream basically included me finding my 15 month-old nephew dead in our pool after having drowned. Then struck by absolute horror, I began vomiting uncontrollably. Then I woke up in my bed absolutely terrified by the dream. It was honestly kinda traumatizing. But I guess that's what happens when you let yourself get too stressed out; your mind expresses itself in very bizarre ways while you sleep. On a more positive note, I talked to my mom and my nephew is just fine, thank god.

So that was a weird thing to have experienced, but aside from that my day was alright. I was actually pretty drowsy for the first few hours of the day before really brightening up. I had a decent chest/shoulder workout. I'm still trying to get my pre-injury strength back, and have been adding ten pounds to flat bench each session. Today I did a few sets of 2 reps at 255lbs. Not where I wanna be, but getting better. Still down ten pounds from my pre-injury bodyweight; stuck at 190lbs.

I put tonight's patch on at 11:05 pm on my right foot. Tomorrow's alarm will be going off at 7:30 am, so I gotta hurry up and get to bed. But of course, not before I study some more! Agggghhhhhh. I have a big physiology exam tomorrow, so time to hit the books. Until tomorrow, so long!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy hell dreaming mean man.
Glad the family is safe and everything. I guess you just need a break. Any breaks coming? Lol. Spring break eh?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What has your experience been like so far? You simply aren't noticing much?
Not really much, tried the top of the feet but it is nothing as good as the pills.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
Not enough time for this. Gunna have to write back tomorrow night

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too much sleeping in lol ;)

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I made it through this week, and the stress is now finally gone! Feels good. Patch went on at 10:15 pm. Getting to sleep soon. Doing some fasted training tomorrow whenever I wake.

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
As I wrote before, the patch went on last night at 10:15. I was asleep just prior to midnight. I got up at 8:52 under my own power and felt great. The stress of this week was absolutely destroying my sleep and energy levels. Now that I'm in the clear, I slept much better last night. I'm still having a tough time attributing anything in particular to the patch though. Next week I may try experimenting a bit more with it by putting it on several hours before I know I will be going to bed. We'll see how that works out.

Today after getting up at about 9am, I was in the gym by 9:45 for a nice fasted training session. I did a little bit of HIIT and LISS both, along with some brief core training. I also did a lot of foam rolling, as I am dedicating myself entirely to trying to fix this injury and prevent it from becoming a long-term problem. I just finished a nice meal in the dining hall about an hour ago, following that morning session. I am almost feeling like I have digested it enough to go back, because I will now be training bis and tris. I'll probably leave in about 40 mins for that session. I'm gunna do some extra foam rolling once again. Stay tuned, folks.