ICJLM is on the patch !!!! -- Melatonin+GABA log (AgeForce sponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I am using this, honestly I am not impressed. 10mgs of oral melatonin go a long way compared to this.
    What has your experience been like so far? You simply aren't noticing much?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Wow, looks like you had a crap day. Glad you aced that quiz though! haha. You are one diciplined student... when I was in college I don't think I studied THAT hard. I majored in Business management and finance though... not something hard like a science lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow, looks like you had a crap day. Glad you aced that quiz though! haha. You are one diciplined student... when I was in college I don't think I studied THAT hard. I majored in Business management and finance though... not something hard like a science lol.
    I used to be extremely disciplined with school work until bodybuilding entered my life. I excelled like crazy with academics, but then started slacking off once BBing became a priority. Unfortunately, my priorities have shifted a bit more towards school work lately due to my injury limiting me from going ballz out in the gym. It's probably a good thing though, because this semester is going to demand much more of my time if I plan to keep getting A's. As much as I'd like to be focusing mainly on lifting and pigging out in the dining hall like in previous years, my attention has to be averted more towards studying instead! Ughhhhh. Oh well, AIN'T NOTHIN' TO IT BUT TO DO IT!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

So last night I slept fine, but did wake up from a horrible HORRIBLE dream at one point. It woke me up around the same time as the previous night at about 5 am. To make a long story short, the dream basically included me finding my 15 month-old nephew dead in our pool after having drowned. Then struck by absolute horror, I began vomiting uncontrollably. Then I woke up in my bed absolutely terrified by the dream. It was honestly kinda traumatizing. But I guess that's what happens when you let yourself get too stressed out; your mind expresses itself in very bizarre ways while you sleep. On a more positive note, I talked to my mom and my nephew is just fine, thank god.

So that was a weird thing to have experienced, but aside from that my day was alright. I was actually pretty drowsy for the first few hours of the day before really brightening up. I had a decent chest/shoulder workout. I'm still trying to get my pre-injury strength back, and have been adding ten pounds to flat bench each session. Today I did a few sets of 2 reps at 255lbs. Not where I wanna be, but getting better. Still down ten pounds from my pre-injury bodyweight; stuck at 190lbs.

I put tonight's patch on at 11:05 pm on my right foot. Tomorrow's alarm will be going off at 7:30 am, so I gotta hurry up and get to bed. But of course, not before I study some more! Agggghhhhhh. I have a big physiology exam tomorrow, so time to hit the books. Until tomorrow, so long!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Holy hell dreaming mean man.
    Glad the family is safe and everything. I guess you just need a break. Any breaks coming? Lol. Spring break eh?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM View Post
    What has your experience been like so far? You simply aren't noticing much?
    Not really much, tried the top of the feet but it is nothing as good as the pills.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Not enough time for this. Gunna have to write back tomorrow night
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Too much sleeping in lol
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

I made it through this week, and the stress is now finally gone! Feels good. Patch went on at 10:15 pm. Getting to sleep soon. Doing some fasted training tomorrow whenever I wake.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

As I wrote before, the patch went on last night at 10:15. I was asleep just prior to midnight. I got up at 8:52 under my own power and felt great. The stress of this week was absolutely destroying my sleep and energy levels. Now that I'm in the clear, I slept much better last night. I'm still having a tough time attributing anything in particular to the patch though. Next week I may try experimenting a bit more with it by putting it on several hours before I know I will be going to bed. We'll see how that works out.

Today after getting up at about 9am, I was in the gym by 9:45 for a nice fasted training session. I did a little bit of HIIT and LISS both, along with some brief core training. I also did a lot of foam rolling, as I am dedicating myself entirely to trying to fix this injury and prevent it from becoming a long-term problem. I just finished a nice meal in the dining hall about an hour ago, following that morning session. I am almost feeling like I have digested it enough to go back, because I will now be training bis and tris. I'll probably leave in about 40 mins for that session. I'm gunna do some extra foam rolling once again. Stay tuned, folks.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.13%

Did you get a chance to try putting it on several hours before bed? If I put it on and wait like 90 minutes or longer, I get this "unstable" feeling when I get up to walk. I then crash pretty fast when my head hits the pillow. I'm a night person so I always have huge amounts of energy during the evening when I'm supposed to be going to bed. This is what leads to my tossing and turning while waiting to fall asleep. I don't have to worry about that much anymore with this patch.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Dude, that's awesome that this is helping you as much as it is! My issue is that I had been usually catching a midday slump due to being so tired. This has not been as pronounced lately, but is not drastically improved either. It is just very challenging to try to gauge whether or not this is doing me any benefit when there are just so many other confounding factors to consider.

And as for applying it very early, I still have not gotten the chance to do so. I usually put it on and end up getting ready for bed within 90 minutes or less. This is usually because I don't even get back to my dorm room sooner than 90 minutes before going to sleep. So tomorrow I will be sure to keep a patch in my backpack to give this a try.

Tonight's patch went on at 10:10 pm. I'm hoping to be asleep by 11, but that probably isn't realistic because I have a few things to take care of first. I'll write about how it goes tomorrow!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

On Monday night I ended up falling asleep right at 11:00pm, just like I hoped. I slept until my alarm went off at 8am, but not without waking up a several times. I had eaten a pretty big meal about an hour prior to falling asleep, but for some reason I felt really hungry. Each time I woke up during the night I felt hungry too, but not overwhelmingly so. I think it is why I kept awaking in the middle of the night though. Despite getting nine hours of sleep, it was not the greatest sleep in the world, and I ended up having a tough time trying to find some energy for the first few hours I was awake. I was almost nodding off during my morning class, which I honestly never do. Then my workout later last night was not that great. I was doing flat bench and had a really tough time getting 265 for 2 reps.

I'll write about last night in a little bit, but I need to go eat first.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Never got the chance to write about last night like I planned to.... then I realized there was really nothing important to note about last night's sleep. There is nothing out of the ordinary, be it positive or negative, to report. It was pretty standard: got some sleep, but not as much as I wanted, alarm clock went off, hit the snooze button a couple times, woke up kinda tired but soon snapped out of it. Typical.

I just put tonight's patch on at 9:15, but I probably won't be going to bed for at least a couple more hours. So I wanna see what happens when applying it earlier than usual. I'll write back tomorrow, if not later tonight.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

On Wednesday night I put the patch on at 9:15 pm as stated in my last post. I didn't get the chance to get into bed until about 12:40. I wasn't especially tired per se, but I did fall asleep quickly; probably by 12:45. I had the patch on the inner part of my right thigh, which I'm not sure is the hot spot for me. I think I'm better off putting it on my foot. The sleep was alright. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Thursday night's patch (last night) was also put on at exactly 9:15 pm. This time I put it on the top of my left foot. I actually felt as though I was getting a little light headed after a couple hours passed; not sure whether or not this can be attributed to the patch. I again fell asleep quite soon after laying down for bed. But like I have said, this is not at all unusual for me. I think I ended up falling asleep around 12:15 am. I have been waking up quite a bit before my alarm goes off. It is because I have that uneasy feeling that I have slept through my alarm for some reason. I have never even slept through my alarm before, but for some reason I always get this feeling where I am convinced that I have; leading me to not sleep as deeply as I could be... if that makes sense..? Luckily I have nothing that I am obligated to wake up for these next two days, so I should not get that feeling and will probably sleep much more soundly. Not sure when tonight's patch is gunna go on, but it may be a bit later as I will likely be hanging out with friends tonight. Stay tuned.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Put the patch on at 9:55 pm. Gunna get to bed soon, but not before some Anatomy studying of course.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Fell asleep at 12:45 am, up at 8:00 am. Eyes are feeling a little heavy.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Patch went on at 11:10 pm....
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Slept pretty poorly last night. Kept waking up not just to pee, but just toss and turn, which I don't ordinarily do much of. I fell asleep in my morning class today. I have not fallen asleep in a class all of this semester or any of this past Fall semester. So this was very rare. I think I am getting sick too. I need to get some good rest tonight. I put the patch on at 11:20 pm, and also decided to dose with some 5-htp that I have lying around. That stuff usually aids my sleep, so hopefully I can get the rest I need tonight and fight off this cold/congestion... Will update tomorrow
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

Wednesday: That last post was written on Wednesday night before bed. I ended up getting to sleep shortly after by 11:45. I opted to skip my morning Thursday class because of how lousy I was feeling, and I knew the extra sleep would do me well. I slept until about 10:00 am before waking up. So I ended up getting just over ten hours of sleep that night! I felt refreshed, but still was not feeling well. I wanted this extra sleep also because I knew I would not be sleeping much on Thursday night since some friends and I would begin traveling to Ohio for the Arnold later that night.

Thursday: We left late Thursday night/early Friday morning for the Arnold. We left just after 1 am. We took my car just like last year, but one of my friends volunteered to do the first shift of driving since I basically drove the whole trip last year. He drove for a solid three and a half hours or so, and I was hoping to sleep the whole time. I of course did not use the patch because I did not know how I would feel in the event that I didn't get to sleep. I ended up only falling asleep for about 40 minutes tops. I then woke up, and began to drive shortly after. This 40 minutes (or less) of sleep would be all that I got Thursday night.
    Despite being up allllllll night, I actually felt alright at the expo Friday. We spent the entire day there, and had a ton of fun. There was actually one point towards the end where I literally blacked out. It was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced, and it was certainly a result of the all-nighter.

Friday: The hotel was an absolute nightmare. It was some sh*tty Motel 8 near the convention center, but it was cheap as h3ll. My three friends and I all split the price so it ended up coming to about 13 dollars each for the night! ...But you get what you pay for, that is for sure! Holy crap I don't even care to explain how awful this place was. Let's just say I woke up Saturday morning with one eye crusted shot, which now has pink eye; and I woke up with a lost-voice. Like I basically could not speak for all of Saturday. It made for a few embarrassing moments at the Expo on Saturday, but whatever. (I did not wear the patch on Friday night either, just cuz I did not know the type of sleep I would be getting at the hotel).

Saturday: We got home late Saturday night, as we came directly from the Expo. I ended up getting the patch on at 2:00 am, which is really late! I was asleep by 2:30, and I was hoping to catch up on some sleep. Like I was literally willing to sleep until 1:00 pm if I had to! However, I ended up waking up just before 11:00 am feeling wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep, but realized I had plenty of energy to start my day. I was feeling as though I was all caught up on my sleep today, until I hit a brick wall around 6:00 pm. I absolutely had to take a nap, like my body would not allow me to do anything but lay in bed. So I did just that. I probably ended up getting in a solid nap of at least an hour.

I put tonight's patch on at 10:15 pm. I need to study for an anatomy quiz tomorrow, then I will be getting some sleep. I have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who will be assessing the MRI of my injury which was imaged this past Wednesday. Hopefully he will help find a solution so that I can continue my usual bodybuilding style of giving it everything I've got. For now, I am continuing to work at less than full effort until I get my health back. Also, he will probably end up telling me that I need to do something about this pink eye and loss of voice issue haha so we will see what happens with that. I am usually pretty opposed to taking any pharmaceutical drugs, and I like to just let my body fix itself of sickness on its own, but he may convince me otherwise tomorrow. I should hopefully be able to write back tomorrow about my sleep tonight and how my energy level is. This is going to be an extremely busy week though, as it is mid-term week. Oh, and I forgot to mention, tomorrow I will move on to my last sheet of six patches. Sad that this is coming to an end, but certainly glad I have the patch all the way through midterm week. Stay tuned..... and sorry if there are any grammatical/spelling errors/typos; I just really don't feel like proof-reading this right now.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

I'm not sure when I ended up falling asleep, but I got up when my alarm went off at 7:30 am. I had been feeling alright all day up until now. I can feel myself about to crash soon, but I don't really have an option since I still have a class to go to later. I may end up training after class as well at 9:00, which is unusually late for me. I may just take a little bit of Craze now just to wake me the heck up.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.38%

No patch tonight. This is the least of my concerns right now. Two exams and a quiz tomorrow... crap. Anatomy is going to annihilate me tomorrow morning. Oh well, better get some rest now.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.89%

Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM View Post
    No patch tonight. This is the least of my concerns right now. Two exams and a quiz tomorrow... crap. Anatomy is going to annihilate me tomorrow morning. Oh well, better get some rest now.
    Hope the test went alright! And enjoy the weekend bro!
    RecoverBro ELITE

Similar Forum Threads

1. ICJLM Logs Blue GrowtH !!!!! (sponsored)
    By ICJLM in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
  2. AgeForce Transdermal Patch Offer Ends Soon!
    By Ageforce in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 12:19 AM
  3. New AgeForce Melatonin Patch Now Available
    By Ageforce in forum AgeForce
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM