Tomato Head breaks his cherry tomato on Hypertrop-X (sponsored)

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Ok Kids, support me, critic me, help me slap me, but follow me on this would ya!
Running an 8-week log on HYPERTROP-X by ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE.
First we must give thanks and praise to Laze Dragon and all the folks at AMS for giving a newbe a shot to log one of their Supplements. Now for the plan……In 9 weeks I will be going to St. Thomas for a long over due Vacation. I will use Hypertrop-X to fuel my workouts and get to the best shape I have ever been in. I mean ever!
I Started this last week but didn’t post it till I heard from LD, so I will get caught up on the posts today and keep going.

Stats;
42 Years old as of last Thursday
204lbs as of Tuesday the 20 of May
Still bulking at 3500 calories per day, Eat clean all day and normally taper off carbs at night. Taking in at least 300grams of protein e/d about 50/50 food and whey protein.
Currently in my 4th and final week of an Epistane straight cycle started 20/30/30 and now with one week to go at 40mg, so yes I am cheating for the next week and hope Hypretrop-X will help me keep the gains. I am up 6lbs since starting and no sides at all. LD tells me that Hypertrop-X will work really well with PCT.

Current Supplements
40mg Epistane e/d
Cycle support at bedtime and first thing in the morning.
Cissus powder morning shake
Multi 2x per day
Protein shakes all day
BCAA”s 3 times per day
DHEA off days once in the morning
Hypertrop-X 4 caps 30 min before work out

Up dates will be on
1. Energy levels at the gym and on off days
2. Strength
3. Endurance
4. Mood and general feeling while on and off dose.
5. Overall progress.
6. Golf score.

Workout schedule and split
Day 1 Chest/ light Triceps
Day 2 Back/ light Biceps/ cardio
Day 3 Legs/ Forearms/ Abs/ Cardio
Day 4 Off
Day 5 Shoulders/Rear delts/Traps/ Abs
Day 6 Arms Heavy/ Abs
Day 7 Off day (Golf!)

I will post pics of my old tired a$$ so when I start to look like a god you guys can tell the difference.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
(number of sets does not include warm up set)

Day 1
Chest/ light Triceps/ Abs/ cardio
Flat bench 4 sets pyramid up in weight toped out at 275#
Incline bench 4 sets toped at 275#
Decline bench 4 sets 205#
Incline fly 20/ 25/ 30/ 30#
Decline fly or flat bench fly (will alternate each week) 25/25/30/30
Peck deck burnouts 50 reps drop set start at 130 and finish at 60#

Triceps
Cable “V Bar” pushdowns, 4 sets maxed out at 90#
Rope, 4 sets 80# used same weight all 4 sets slow controlled movements.
Reverse grip cable pull straight bar, 4 sets 100#

Abs 9 total sets and 20min Cardio

Took three Caps today to see how it affected me.
15 minutes later I got the tingles, very cool feeling! First time I have experienced it. Got to the gym 25 minutes after dose and went straight to work with a sense of determination, I would say it could be a placebo affect but the tingles make sure you know where it’s coming from. Felt warmer than normal after two light sets to get started, started to add weight and would normally stop at 245 but felt really good at this point so went up to 275 for 5 reps. Good start to day 1, with each exercise my endurance was up today by the time I got to Triceps I am normally ready to go home but today I had to hold back today and not go too heavy and screw up the second arm day later in the week. Over all a great work out and still did 20min cardio and then went food shopping when I was done. Hit the sack about 5 ½ hours after dose and had no trouble sleeping all night. Looking forward to Back and Bicep work out today.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck on your run with this. Its a fairly solid product

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see you're up and running. Just gotta, holy **** 50rep dropset?! OUCH! Your chest must burn like a mother when you're done with that.
Dropsets definitely get the job done, especially as a post-exhaustion movement.

Good luck man!

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Good to see you're up and running. Just gotta, holy **** 50rep dropset?! OUCH! Your chest must burn like a mother when you're done with that.
Dropsets definitely get the job done, especially as a post-exhaustion movement.

Good luck man!
Chest burns like the sun! By the time I get to 50 I am down to 30 or 40lbs and crying. I change the grip and seat height each week to keep it changing all the time. Seems to work for me. I have problems with heavy weight, I didn't start training hard till I was 40y/o and what you miss by not keeping up with it all through the years is the conditioning of the core and the tendons and such. It seems like when I try to go too heavy too fast I will always pull or strain something, like my shoulder now so I keep the reps up to stop me from going too heavy.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Ok time to get caught up on this this is all from last week. So I will be on track as of today.

Day 2 Back and Light Biceps
Back
Lat pull downs 6 sets first two were light then 4 heavy, max was 210/4
T bar rows 4 sets max was 160/8
Seated cable rows close grip 4 sets max was 210/6
Close grip pull downs 3 sets max was 210/8
Hyperextensions 4 sets

Biceps;
Dumbbell concentration curls, 4 sets max was 40/8
Straight bar curls 3 set Pyramid and one drop set no rest. Max was 85/6
Cable curls chamber bar, 4 sets max was 85/8

Felt very strong today! Took 4 caps and had major tingles, energy levels were way up! I have been feeling a bit lazy in the gym for the past two weeks but have rebounded this week with the help of Hypertrop-X. Stamina was really good today I just wanted to do more and more. Had a good pump on the arms and my back today. Again had energy left over after the training and really tried to spend it at the gym.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 3 Legs and forearms
(I am working with a torn ACL, PCL, and MCL so leg day is sissy day only to build strength for surgery in October I use only one weight no pyramid and only do 10 reps per set……so no giggling!) Took 4 caps today.

Hack squats 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions 3 sets of 10 very light only 50-70 lbs
Leg press 3 sets of 10
Straight leg dead lift 3 sets of 10
Calf raises 4 sets max 185/8

Forearms
Straight bar Curls
Straight bar Reverse curls

I’ll tell you this was First day of legs and I wanted to do soooo much more than I am allowed to do. Given all the knee problems I had a great work out! Charged through the gym doing set after set and I skipped rope between sets. Nice feeling after too, I normally would be spent after legs but I I did forearms with no problem and I find that I have more energy when I get back from the gym too. Shoulders tomorrow.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 4 Shoulders/ Traps

Took 4 caps today and the workout went like this

Dumbbell numbers are each dumbbell.

Military press 5 sets felt strong just have some pain in the shoulder so went lighter today and max was 185lb did that weight for 3 sets
Dumbbell press (Arnolds) 4 sets max was 45lb
Dumbbell lateral raise 4 sets max was 35lb
Straight bar front raise max was 85lb
Upright rows max was 85lb

Traps;
Dumbbell shrugs 4 sets max 105lb
Smith machine behind the back shrugs 4 sets max was 285lb
Cable pulls seated 4 sets of 12 to 15 using rope and 50lb

Due to the shoulder pain I kept it light today but went for reps on all sets. Felt really good, very focused and the endurance was very noticeable today. Each set I did slow and controlled movements, down slowly and exploded through the push. I reduced the time between sets due to the fact that I felt like I was not going long enough at 15 reps. That seemed to help because I had a great pump going. Again even after 20 min of cardio I still had more energy when I got home so I did some cleaning around the house. Hypertrop-X might even make my wife like me again! LOL Tomorrow is an off day so going to rest. Are we supposed to take Hypertrop-X on off days? I’m going to take two at lunch time any way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5 Off day

----------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 Arm day Heavy

Took 4 caps today, Saturday after cutting the grass went to the gym and felt great!
Workout went like this; I alternate triceps and bicep exercises and usually do two more triceps exercises than biceps.

Warm up sets, light weight 4 sets of rope push downs and 3 sets of dumbbell curls.
French press 4 sets max was 105/6
Reverse grip bench press 4 sets max was 175/12reps
Preacher curls 6 sets, 3 close grip and 3 wide grip max was 95/6 reps
Hammer strength triceps machine 4 sets max was 115/8 reps
Chamber bar curls 4 sets max 105/6 reps
Reverse grip triceps cable pull down 4 sets super set with overhead cable extensions using the rope.
Cable concentration curls 4 sets last set drop set.

8 sets of abs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 7 Golf “I suck” shot a 94 had a lot of fun! No lifting today
:frustrate

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Almost there, just a few days to go.

Day 8 Chest and light Triceps (Memorial Day)

Took 4 caps again today, I seem to be feeling good on the 4 cap dose. I get my training partner back today, Yea! My shoulder is really sore so I will be taking a bunch of weight off today.

Chest/ light Triceps/ Abs
Incline bench 4 sets max was 200/10
Flat bench 4 sets max was 200/8
Decline bench 4 sets max 185/10
Incline fly 4 sets max 30/12
Decline fly 3 sets max 30/12
Peck deck burnouts, only went to 30 on a drop set today.

Triceps:

Rope extensions 4 sets max 110/8 very controlled and slow movements.
Superset over head rope extensions with cable kick backs 4 sets one minute rest between sets.

Great training session today, good pump in the chest and tri’s. My training partner (Paul, the giant sissy that can bench me and my max) asked me if I was ok today because I wasn’t cracking jokes and would jump right back in the bench when he finished his set. I explained to him the powers of Hypertrop-X and now he’s bugging me to try it. I think I will make him for a bit longer so I can enjoy the lime light for a while. Because, that’s what pals do. I had to go to a BBQ after the gym and I had a tone of energy left over still.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good update - and props for lifting with a screwed up knee. As far as Off-days go, I have been taking Trop-x on them, but I split the dosage in two, taking 2 pills in the morning, two in the early afternoon. It should help with recovery, but if nothing else, it's a good energy boost.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Good update - and props for lifting with a screwed up knee. As far as Off-days go, I have been taking Trop-x on them, but I split the dosage in two, taking 2 pills in the morning, two in the early afternoon. It should help with recovery, but if nothing else, it's a good energy boost.

That's how I saw it too, at least I can run around all day and still have something left in the tank.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
everything lookn good big-dawg

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 9

Legs/ Forearms

Hack squats 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions 3 sets of 10 very light only 50-70 lbs
Leg press 3 sets of 10
Straight leg dead lift 3 sets of 10
Calf raises 4 sets max 185/12

Forearms
Straight bar Curls 4 sets 40/12
Straight bar Reverse curls 4 sets 30/12

Felt strong today had a ton of energy and decided to jump rope between sets to keep the heard rate up today. Endurance is great, I want to do so much when I on the machine but with legs I really have to hold back. I can’t take the chance and I tear the ACL anymore than it is. After months of PT I can finally do cardio and some legwork so I want to keep it this way through the summer. Shoulder is not good today! Yesterday’s chest work out put some hurt in it. We will see on shoulder day how it feels.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 10
Back and Light Biceps

Assisted pull-ups 6 sets 80lb assist for 12 reps
Hammer strength Lat pull max 270/4
Rear delt pull seated. 4 sets max was 80/10
Close grip pull downs 4 sets max 190/8
Bent over dumbbell rows 4 sets max 90/6

Biceps
Cable preacher curls 4 sets of 12 30lbs
Standing chamber bar curl 4sets of 12 70lbs very slow controlled movements
Cable concentration curl 4 sets 40lbs for 12 reps

Good back day! Shortened the rest between sets and we blasted through the exercises with ease. Still trying to figure out the eating and taking Hypertrop-X timing thing. I think since I’m going to begin my cut on Monday then I will try not eating before I take it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cable preacher curls - not something I've ever tried, but I'd imagine the constant torque from the cable would really effect the difficulty of these. I'll have to give em a go some time.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Cable preacher curls - not something I've ever tried, but I'd imagine the constant torque from the cable would really effect the difficulty of these. I'll have to give em a go some time.

They are great for burning out or to go heavy. I like them a lot, you cant rest if you have it setup right.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 11 Off
Need to rest shoulder for one more day.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 12
Shoulder/ Traps

Ok took my 4 caps without food today and went to the gym about 40 min later. Already had the tingles by the time I hit the first exercise, and knew today was going to be great!
Only one problem…for our first set we went to warm up on the cable shoulder press machine and I could not do over 50lbs due to the immense pain in my shoulder. I am no sissy so we worked it out any way we could. Here is how it went.

Cable shoulder press 5 sets 50lbs only
Internal and external rotation (Cable) 4 sets 30lbs superseded with
Lateral dumbbell raises 20lbs
Front barbell raises 4 sets bar only

Traps,
Front raise 4 sets 135lbs
Rear raises 4 sets 135lbs

After this I felt not too bad but I know in the middle of the night it’s going to be a different story. I am crossing my fingers.
:frustrate

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 13, 14, and 15

Ok so I have really screwed my shoulder so I took the weekend off to rest and we will see how it feels tonight when I do chest. I will take it easy and go light tonight; hopefully I can work this out without loosing the gains I have made during my cycle. Also I am finished with the Epi cycle as of today and will start PCT tonight.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Hope your shoulder holds up big-dawg!! I hope to never have that problem,alot of friens going through it and it would really suck.Only thing i have that bothers me is my dang forearms feels like th muscl is tearing away from bone when i go heavy,hope it works itself out.Keep up the good work,love to see some before and after pics.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Hope your shoulder holds up big-dawg!! I hope to never have that problem,alot of friens going through it and it would really suck.Only thing i have that bothers me is my dang forearms feels like th muscl is tearing away from bone when i go heavy,hope it works itself out.Keep up the good work,love to see some before and after pics.
I took some before pics, I just havn't posted them yet. I will soon. Yea I know that feeling in the forearm all too well, I also have that in the same arm as the shoulder. :(

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 16

Took today off from the weights, went in and did abs and cardio, 12 sets of abs, crunches, leg raises, and decline sit-ups. 35 min cardio. Will go back to weights on Tuesday.
Still a lot of shoulder pain and thought it would be best to skip chest this week.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 17

Back

Took it light today started off with 15 min of cardio to warm up.

Lat pull downs 5 sets very slow and controlled movements to work the lats without pulling too much on the shoulder. 120lbs for all 5 sets.

Seated cable rows 5 sets 130lbs same as above.

T bar rows again kept it light only a plate and a 1/4 for 5 sets.

Hyper extensions 5 sets

25 min cardio and called it a day. I felt good after this work out, no pain in the shoulder and still had a nice pump at the end. I will be taking the light road all this week to allow the shoulder to heal and hopefully I can start to increase weight next week. I also did a number of rotator exercises that I have read online to strengthen the shoulder. I hope this all works and I don't loose the gains I have made. At this point I am ready to bite someones face! LOL :frustrate:frustrate:frustrate

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Glad the shoulder was doing better today!

thanks Crader, it sucks to have this at this point in the year but I guess we all have this sooner or later. Today it feels pretty good, just tight so we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have tendonitis in both shoulders, the left being the worst. My trainer told me I either quit training or sucked it up. So I muscle through the pain.Reducing weights when I need to.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Yeah, keep up with the rotator cuff exercises, they should help a lot - if not, likely something's torn in there. Hope those rotations do the trick!

Yea, I read a lot of info this past week on the shoulder and the rotation movements using light weight was a common theme for re-hab so I'll keep pushing it slowly.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Yeah I have tendonitis in both shoulders, the left being the worst. My trainer told me I either quit training or sucked it up. So I muscle through the pain.Reducing weights when I need to.
Both shoulders!!! I can't sleep through with one. I will make this observation and give Hypertrop-X some credit. With my knee issue and now the shoulder pain it would be easy for me to get down on my workouts and just Half A$$ them. That’s just not the case right now; I am still doing abs between sets and skipping rope. This stuff won't let me take it easy or think that I should back off and trust me I have in the past gotten down on myself due to an injury. I still feel like getting to the gym and putting in a hard workout on something. So I still feel good!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep we will both keep on with it and perservere! No quitters in here!

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Ok enough of this day and number crap it's getting monotonous

Did legs and cardio and had an ok day. Just ok as far as the weights went but burned up the cardio real good. Here is a question for those of you running Hypertrop-X, Are any of you hitting the wall in the afternoon? it seems like and hour or so before I go to the gym I have no energy at all. Its like I want to just go to sleep, just wondering if anyone else was feeling this and what are you doing about it?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm finding that myself, I'm countering it with the ephedrine some, but on the other hand I think its a part of my problem. My adrenal glands are blowing out. I'm going to start some Reset AD and see if it helps.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll get fatigued in the afternoon - but that's normal for me and I attribute it to a hard day at work and sometimes low blood sugar. I feel better once I get my 2:30 meal and usually have pretty good energy by the time I'm in the gym at 5 or so.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
dropped in to see how things are going?

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Well the shoulder is feeling a bit better the past few days, I have only hit weights lightly 3 days this week but have done cardio all week. Hypertrop- X has been working very well, mood is good, aggression in the gym is high, (I just wish I could use that aggression to push weight!) endurance has been off the hook. The endurance factor so far is IMO the best thing about Hypertrop-X, Going to hit weights a bit harder today to test the shoulder (chest) we'll see how it goes.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
I'm finding that myself, I'm countering it with the ephedrine some, but on the other hand I think its a part of my problem. My adrenal glands are blowing out. I'm going to start some Reset AD and see if it helps.

Crader I took some notes from you and took an ephedrine about an hour before and I had the best workout in weeks with that. Good call C.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad it helped, it seems to give me some good sweating and good energy, add the HyX to it and the endurance from it and the gym is a nice place to be!!! And the dreaded cardio is easier.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Crader I took some notes from you and took an ephedrine about an hour before and I had the best workout in weeks with that. Good call C.

I love ephedrine.....lol. Good Stuff. C - you took it with HT-X? how was it?

sorry to make you repeat yourself.

LD

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love ephedrine.....lol. Good Stuff. C - you took it with HT-X? how was it?

sorry to make you repeat yourself.

LD

I take it three times a day, one of the doses before workout is with the HT-X. Its awesome, the HT-X gives me endurance and a clean energy and the ephedrine kicks me up into a nice energy with good sweating and fat burning. The HT-X also seems to aid me in an easier crash from the ephedrine. I feel good for about 4 hrs after taking the two. I'm also leaning out nicely, but weight is staying the same on the scale so i assume I'm gaining some muscle.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well the shoulder is feeling a bit better the past few days, I have only hit weights lightly 3 days this week but have done cardio all week. Hypertrop- X has been working very well, mood is good, aggression in the gym is high, (I just wish I could use that aggression to push weight!) endurance has been off the hook. The endurance factor so far is IMO the best thing about Hypertrop-X, Going to hit weights a bit harder today to test the shoulder (chest) we'll see how it goes.

Very nice log. I'd recommend keeping the running days every now and then so people can measure how long you've been using the HyperTrop-X. Sorry to learn about your shoulder, take care. I've noticed that with HyperTrop-X that there is such an effect that it can cause someone to push themselves past a sticking point however its important to listen to your body because I'd say this stuff can actually invigorate someone enough to the point where they could rip muscle right from the bone. This is truly a product that works. Have you gotten any headaches ? I can seem to only run 2 caps and get quite a boost. I've not used yohimbine before would extra water or carbs help with the headaches ?

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
I take it three times a day, one of the doses before workout is with the HT-X. Its awesome, the HT-X gives me endurance and a clean energy and the ephedrine kicks me up into a nice energy with good sweating and fat burning. The HT-X also seems to aid me in an easier crash from the ephedrine. I feel good for about 4 hrs after taking the two. I'm also leaning out nicely, but weight is staying the same on the scale so i assume I'm gaining some muscle.

I am following the same dosage Crader and yes getting the same results. Love'n the gym with this stack!

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Very nice log. I'd recommend keeping the running days every now and then so people can measure how long you've been using the HyperTrop-X. Sorry to learn about your shoulder, take care. I've noticed that with HyperTrop-X that there is such an effect that it can cause someone to push themselves past a sticking point however its important to listen to your body because I'd say this stuff can actually invigorate someone enough to the point where they could rip muscle right from the bone. This is truly a product that works. Have you gotten any headaches ? I can seem to only run 2 caps and get quite a boost. I've not used yohimbine before would extra water or carbs help with the headaches ?
Thanks for checking in Scooter, thanks for the advice on the numbering, and yes your correct with the pushing a bit harder than I should. I had already had some pain in the shoulder when I started Hypertrop-X and I think the added surge from it got me into trouble. So does this mean that LD is responsible for my shoulder problems??? :rofl:
Just Kidding LD, I wish I would have found this site and people like this 2 years ago! I would have saved myself a lot of money and wasted time at the Vitamin Shop and GNC. I spent so much money during that time and not a single product did half of what I am getting from Hypertrop-X and I can't even test it yet due the shoulder issues. But will very soon!

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Day 21
Ok, so the end of my third week on Hypertrop-X and feeling great! Endurance at the gym has been great! Seem to be more aggressive with the workouts, not able to report any gains due to the light workouts I have had to stick to but I am starting to see some more cuts showing up. I would still have to say the effect that stands out most is the endurance factor, I have never wanted to push the way I have been the past weeks or so and it has been mostly cardio! I hate cardio! One negative result is that it has not helped my Golf score:sad:

Hopefully this week I can start to add more weight to my pushing sets and begin really testing this.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
Have you gotten any headaches ? I can seem to only run 2 caps and get quite a boost. I've not used yohimbine before would extra water or carbs help with the headaches ?

Sorry missed this part. No headaches for me at all, I have nothing but good feelings. The only noticeable feeling is the tingles but I have gotten used to them. Are you stacking anything else?