Hyperpump impressions

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right now I am in the last week of whole body workouts so good pumps don't come that easily. Next week i shift to a more conventional workout structure, and this should really shine.

First workout Sunday 4/6
Taste + thickness were a little odd, but not bad. drank it and started working out within 5 minutes. Reached a new PR in squats, and all exercises felt really good. set to set recovery time was great as well, a few times I found myself not quite ready breathwise when my muscles felt ready for another set. At the end of the workout, I had a moderate chest pump, a moderate to strong tris pump, and a strong bis pump. The chest + tris pump faded within about 30-45 min, the bicep pumps still were there a little up to maybe 2 hours later.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
4/8

I started my workout on squats, and just didn't feel it in me. failed at 8 reps (doing set of 20). Realized the bottle of hyperpump was in my pocket, and hadn't drank it. popped it right then, and went on with my workout. new PR on wide grip pulldowns. worked biceps a little higher weight today, they felt "snug" even 3 hours later. Was a nice pump on bis + tris today, didn't really get much on chest.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Today I remembered the hyperpump, and made it thru my 20 squats too. Man does that suck, 20 squats :) This was the end of the full body workouts, I think i'm going back to SAIS routine, as its pleasant and has enough variation that I don't get bored.

Bicep pumps today were extra nice, chest felt good too, tris not so much this time.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
what are you lifting for your 20 squat set?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
140 + machine weight, so at least 170 i'd guess

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ah that sucks. I am kinda limited too, but just by arthritis. i can only go a little below parallel with any amount of weight without it hurting. if I do 10 ass to ground squats with just bodyweight it hurts

forgot to update for today. Was chest + bis in new routine. Really a nice pump on both, got a bit of the visibly stretched skin look on bis - where its kind of extra glossy

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ah that sucks. I am kinda limited too, but just by arthritis. i can only go a little below parallel with any amount of weight without it hurting. if I do 10 ass to ground squats with just bodyweight it hurts

forgot to update for today. Was chest + bis in new routine. Really a nice pump on both, got a bit of the visibly stretched skin look on bis - where its kind of extra glossy

Ahhh the process of getting old.....gotta love it!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah, 40 isn't exactly fun.

today should be an interesting workout, will be legs + back, and if I feel up to it triceps too. hard to say what energy will be left after legs/back.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well the answer to my question is "not much" :)

as maybe you can guess by what time my other post was, I didn't sleep too well last nite. got under 5 hours worth, but rolled out of bed almost 2 hours early anyhow, and started my day. workout was legs + back. Got partway thru squats before I realized I forgot hyperpump, so next set break I went and took it :)

Didn't really slaughter any prior highs, but this is first time back to this workout routine in a while (and first time on my home gym) so I needed to reestablish working weights. Was doing squats for 200lbs, which was pretty nice, and wide grip pulldowns are just breaking bodyweight. Ended up with a nice back pump, as well as a little bit of a bi pump. Was a nice workout, and could definitely tell the difference after the hyperpump

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'll hit the tris later today, either after lunch or before bed :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
again today forgot the hyperpump at the beginning so got thru 2 sets before I realized it :) silly me. Today's experience was a little different though. I got a really nice chest pump and fantastic shoulder pump during the workout (possibly best shoulder pump ever), but for whatever reason they both faded pretty fast after the workout. The chest still kept a little pump, but not much. the shoulders went from super pump to just sore within 30-45 minutes post workout. Granted thats not bad, but the other days it seemed to hang around even longer :D

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

as maybe you can guess by what time my other post was, I didn't sleep too well last nite. got under 5 hours worth, but rolled out of bed almost 2 hours early anyhow, and started my day. workout was legs + back. Got partway thru squats before I realized I forgot hyperpump, so next set break I went and took it :)

Didn't really slaughter any prior highs, but this is first time back to this workout routine in a while (and first time on my home gym) so I needed to reestablish working weights. Was doing squats for 200lbs, which was pretty nice, and wide grip pulldowns are just breaking bodyweight. Ended up with a nice back pump, as well as a little bit of a bi pump. Was a nice workout, and could definitely tell the difference after the hyperpump

Nice...does it hit you fast like it does me and some others...I mean I feel it in like 10-15 mins max....maybe I'm a freak case, but who knows...

What type of home gym do you have....I bought Ironmaster dumbells and two workout benchs....since I can't do squats...lunges work okay (legs are small so not nearly as good as squats)

I m think about buying the $1k add on for leg press and a few others....I just need more room in my apartment....three bedroom coming soon...lol.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
again today forgot the hyperpump at the beginning so got thru 2 sets before I realized it :) silly me. Today's experience was a little different though. I got a really nice chest pump and fantastic shoulder pump during the workout (possibly best shoulder pump ever), but for whatever reason they both faded pretty fast after the workout. The chest still kept a little pump, but not much. the shoulders went from super pump to just sore within 30-45 minutes post workout. Granted thats not bad, but the other days it seemed to hang around even longer :D

Makes me wonder if tolerance would come into play.

BTW you have a memory like mine....but a little better....I'll just completely forget until I m done with the workout and be like....that was as intense....OH YEAH I FORGOT THE....lol.

I need some Ginko.

When I get older I think I'll just tat my name and SSN on myself so I can remember

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Hey in regards to sleep did the Nocturnabol help? I don't take it every night so when I need it it works, but wonder if it does lose effect with continous use??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
it hits pretty fast, I notice it within the first 10 min or so. I couldn't imagine tolerance coming into play, but possible. More likely it was just the combination of lack of sleep and what I particularly ate. I've now been doing a strict CKD for a full week, so thats a bit different too (previously was a TKD).

the home gym is a body solid leverage system. I've got it plus a set of powerblocks for dbs

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey in regards to sleep did the Nocturnabol help? I don't take it every night so when I need it it works, but wonder if it does lose effect with continous use??
I saw no dropoff in effectiveness at 2 weeks, but did stop taking it. My wife is due to deliver any day now (she keeps getting contractions) so I decided I didn't want to be taking anything prebed that would potentially leave me groggy at all if I needed to make a 2am rush to the hospital :) i'll be resuming it as soon as he's born :D

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it hits pretty fast, I notice it within the first 10 min or so. I couldn't imagine tolerance coming into play, but possible. More likely it was just the combination of lack of sleep and what I particularly ate. I've now been doing a strict CKD for a full week, so thats a bit different too (previously was a TKD).

the home gym is a body solid leverage system. I've got it plus a set of powerblocks for dbs

NICE!!! I wish I had room for that!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
:D takes a full bedroom up. my wife wasn't happy about loosing the guest room, but no longer paying for a gym membership was nice

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I saw no dropoff in effectiveness at 2 weeks, but did stop taking it. My wife is due to deliver any day now (she keeps getting contractions) so I decided I didn't want to be taking anything prebed that would potentially leave me groggy at all if I needed to make a 2am rush to the hospital :) i'll be resuming it as soon as he's born :D

Cool. Yeah that's probably a good idea. Is this the first child or no? Man I would like a boy as well!!! Congrats....knowing my lucky...I'll have 4 more girls before we get a boy....Man I'm going to have to be rich to support all those kids.

OKAY starting now.....LD's is taking monetary donations....it's for the kids people!!...lol

LD

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:D takes a full bedroom up. my wife wasn't happy about loosing the guest room, but no longer paying for a gym membership was nice

Yeah don't forget to remind her....she gets a benefit too. No fat husband, but a built one!! That's how I would spin it anyway if it became an ordeal...lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
this is #3, the other 2 are girls. one is 11, the other is 3 (both birthdays in may). what are yours?

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this is #3, the other 2 are girls. one is 11, the other is 3 (both birthdays in may). what are yours?

Well currently engaged. My soon to be step-daughter will be 5 in Oct. I m gunning for a boy here soon :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I forgot saturday's workout... legs + back and somehow I forgot it was supposed be triceps and did biceps instead. reached a new high in squats, also ended up with a bit of a hamstring pump which was novel. back workout was nice and strong too. I had taken the hyperpump about 10 minutes prior to working out this time. Also, this was my first carbup so I was loaded with healthy carbs. Didn't end up so much with back / lats pumps, did get a really nice bicep pump

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ah dangit. forgot the hyperpump preworkout today. was a nice workout anyhow, but didn't get the nice upper back pump. pity.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
today I forgot the hyperpump until the middle of my second set of flat bench. little details, a lot on my mind with the new baby :) I took it and went online for 10 min or so to let it settle then went back to the workout. Was really nice I have a good solid pump going thru my chest and shoulders still 2 hours later. wish I would have worked bis too :)

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
today I forgot the hyperpump until the middle of my second set of flat bench. little details, a lot on my mind with the new baby :) I took it and went online for 10 min or so to let it settle then went back to the workout. Was really nice I have a good solid pump going thru my chest and shoulders still 2 hours later. wish I would have worked bis too :)

Next log Ginko....lol. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
today's dosing was a little different. for a change I took 4 rpm an hour previous on empty stomach, and only had a shake preworkout. I took the hyperpump 15 minutes preworkout and had a REALLY good workout. hit a new PR in squats (300lbs) as well as wide grip lat pulldowns (200lbs). have a nice upper back pump, and its 3 hrs later :)

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
today's dosing was a little different. for a change I took 4 rpm an hour previous on empty stomach, and only had a shake preworkout. I took the hyperpump 15 minutes preworkout and had a REALLY good workout. hit a new PR in squats (300lbs) as well as wide grip lat pulldowns (200lbs). have a nice upper back pump, and its 3 hrs later :)

LOL great minds think alike. My pre-workout is RPM and Hyperpump. I thought of it earlier today at work and they only have one similar NO ingredient. I figured this would be a killer combo. I use RPM pre-workout all the time, now that I have some Hyperpump I figured I would use them both...lol.

That's kind of freaky.

LD

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I always have rpm here :) but don't always use it. with the early morning workouts i don't quite get a full hour, and I generally have a very light meal inbetween. so rpm doesn't work too well for me then, so I use it more for general energy purposes, and cardio days :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
second to last workout on this box of hyperpump. was chest and shoulders, went very nicely. Got a really good chest pump, and some fair pump in my forearms too. shoulders are more sore than pumped. The forearm pump felt good, that doesn't happen all the time. vascularity was noticeably up as well, I should have mentioned that on leg day later in the day I noticed a couple of veins appearing on my shins :)

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
second to last workout on this box of hyperpump. was chest and shoulders, went very nicely. Got a really good chest pump, and some fair pump in my forearms too. shoulders are more sore than pumped. The forearm pump felt good, that doesn't happen all the time. vascularity was noticeably up as well, I should have mentioned that on leg day later in the day I noticed a couple of veins appearing on my shins :)

Wow veins in your shins....NICE. Now that is pumped...lol.

Great log Easy...nicely done. So I guess one more bottle for ya huh?

LD

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1 left. I think i'll likely buy a box. Not sure I would use it every workout, but its definitely handy, and kicks in quick. So its very handy to have around. Most other preworkout/pump products more or less require empty stomach and taking them 30-60 minutes beforehand, neither of which is necessary with hyperpump

I guess thats something I left out mentioning due to alzheimers. I never noticed a significant difference in hyperpumps effects on an empty stomach vs recent meal. Thats a piece of what makes it handy particularly for me, as with the new baby its toss a coin as to when I eat or work out :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
last dose. missed it the other day on squats/back, which was ok cause I kinda wanted to end it with a chest/shoulders anyhow :)

did a slightly extended chest workout as i'm trying to get it to "catch up", plus I have to travel for a couple days this week so my next chest workout will be a day later than normal. by the end of chest I had a nice chest pump, as well as a solid triceps pump. Shoulders were nice too. Did biceps after too just as a fill in, and that felt quite good.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
last dose. missed it the other day on squats/back, which was ok cause I kinda wanted to end it with a chest/shoulders anyhow :)

did a slightly extended chest workout as i'm trying to get it to "catch up", plus I have to travel for a couple days this week so my next chest workout will be a day later than normal. by the end of chest I had a nice chest pump, as well as a solid triceps pump. Shoulders were nice too. Did biceps after too just as a fill in, and that felt quite good.
The last bottle...NOOO...lol. I don't even have that much only 11 left.

LD