AMS Hyperpump Review

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
So I was going through my stash from the Arnold classic and what did I find? I bottle of AMS's new product "Hyperpump". There seems to be a decent amount of interest here on the boards, so I figured I'd let people know my thoughts on the product after my one sample. Since this product was given at the bb.com booth, and not shipped free to me from an AMS rep...I'd consider this an unsponsored review.

I've tried my share of "NO pump" products in the past...and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of said products. I feel that for the most part they serve very little purpose in improving athletic performance.

That said, looking at the profile for hyperpump, it proves to be much more than your typical arginine based NO product. In addition to arginine is what I consider one of the most underrated supplements on the market - citrulline malate. This has become a staple for me.

The addition of Yohimbine was also intriguing. I remember seeing somewhere that the product contained 4mg of yohimbine...which IMO is a perfect dosage. Its enough for it to elicit some sympathomimetic effects without making me feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin (which higher dosages of yohimbine do). I really dig the energy boost that yohimbine provides...and its role in peripheral vasodilation makes it a great addition to any pump-type product.

The only other glycerol product I've used in the past was Omega's Creatine ethyl thunder. One of my favorite all time supplements. The dosage of glycerol was much lower in that product than it is in hyperpump...but I always found it to be quite effective.

Anways, sorry about the rambling...I'll get to what everyone wants to see - the review:

Taste: 8/10 --> Kind of like a really concentrated melted green freezie pop...or the old kool-ade ecto cooler. I actually thought it was quite tasty.

Pump: 9/10 --> It must be all the glycerol in the product, but holy smokes this stuff gives wicked pumps! I actually used this product while doing arms and it seriously felt like biceps were going to pop. To be honest, it may be a bit much for me and in the future may opt for only 1/2 the bottle....but for you guys who dig this kinda thing you're gonna love hyperpump.

Strength: --> N/A

Endurance: --> Endurance felt great, but the pumps in my biceps were almost painful and at times it was tough to continue the workout.

Side Effects: 3/10 -->There is a decent dose of Beta Alanine in this product...as evidenced by the beta-alanine-tingle. I know some of you guys love this, but I absolutely hate it. I find it extremely uncomfortable and irritating (similar to niacin flush). This is the main reason that I stopped supplementing with bulk beta-alanine in the past...just hated the effing tingle sensation.

Thoughts: For all of you NO-xplode, NO-shotgun, Ragnarok, etc fans I really think that you'll like this product. Its versatile in that you can easily add additional supplements (like stimulants, creatine, BCAA's, etc) and its extremely effective on its own. The fact that it comes pre-mixed in a little bottle makes it really convenient as well...just throw it in a gym bag and go.

Would I buy this supplement? Well it depends on the final price, but if its reasonable then yes. I think that I'd fare well on just 1/2 a serving (also hopefully mitigating the tingles) so that would mean I'd be able to stretch it out for a while longer.

Overall, its simple and effective. I'd give it an 8.5/10. :clap2:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your review, Quigs. Honest feedback is very appreciated!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
So I was going through my stash from the Arnold classic and what did I find? I bottle of AMS's new product "Hyperpump". There seems to be a decent amount of interest here on the boards, so I figured I'd let people know my thoughts on the product after my one sample. Since this product was given at the bb.com booth, and not shipped free to me from an AMS rep...I'd consider this an unsponsored review.

I've tried my share of "NO pump" products in the past...and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of said products. I feel that for the most part they serve very little purpose in improving athletic performance.

That said, looking at the profile for hyperpump, it proves to be much more than your typical arginine based NO product. In addition to arginine is what I consider one of the most underrated supplements on the market - citrulline malate. This has become a staple for me.

The addition of Yohimbine was also intriguing. I remember seeing somewhere that the product contained 4mg of yohimbine...which IMO is a perfect dosage. Its enough for it to elicit some sympathomimetic effects without making me feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin (which higher dosages of yohimbine do). I really dig the energy boost that yohimbine provides...and its role in peripheral vasodilation makes it a great addition to any pump-type product.

The only other glycerol product I've used in the past was Omega's Creatine ethyl thunder. One of my favorite all time supplements. The dosage of glycerol was much lower in that product than it is in hyperpump...but I always found it to be quite effective.

Anways, sorry about the rambling...I'll get to what everyone wants to see - the review:

Taste: 8/10 --> Kind of like a really concentrated melted green freezie pop...or the old kool-ade ecto cooler. I actually thought it was quite tasty.

Pump: 9/10 --> It must be all the glycerol in the product, but holy smokes this stuff gives wicked pumps! I actually used this product while doing arms and it seriously felt like biceps were going to pop. To be honest, it may be a bit much for me and in the future may opt for only 1/2 the bottle....but for you guys who dig this kinda thing you're gonna love hyperpump.

Strength: --> N/A

Endurance: --> Endurance felt great, but the pumps in my biceps were almost painful and at times it was tough to continue the workout.

Side Effects: 3/10 -->There is a decent dose of Beta Alanine in this product...as evidenced by the beta-alanine-tingle. I know some of you guys love this, but I absolutely hate it. I find it extremely uncomfortable and irritating (similar to niacin flush). This is the main reason that I stopped supplementing with bulk beta-alanine in the past...just hated the effing tingle sensation.

Thoughts: For all of you NO-xplode, NO-shotgun, Ragnarok, etc fans I really think that you'll like this product. Its versatile in that you can easily add additional supplements (like stimulants, creatine, BCAA's, etc) and its extremely effective on its own. The fact that it comes pre-mixed in a little bottle makes it really convenient as well...just throw it in a gym bag and go.

Would I buy this supplement? Well it depends on the final price, but if its reasonable then yes. I think that I'd fare well on just 1/2 a serving (also hopefully mitigating the tingles) so that would mean I'd be able to stretch it out for a while longer.

Overall, its simple and effective. I'd give it an 8.5/10. :clap2:
dam Hot review covered all aspects:clap2: Good Job!!!

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome Review quigs

Very impressive. You certainly covered all aspects. Your knowledgable feedback is much appreciated. I'm very glad you like the product.

You not kidding about the beta alanine. You notice that right away. Personally I m still undecided on whether I'm in favor of the tingles or not. They really don't bother me that much, however I know some people, like yourself, they effect in a negative way.

I would be curious to get your impression on 1/2 a bottle.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Very impressive. You certainly covered all aspects. Your knowledgable feedback is much appreciated. I'm very glad you like the product.

You not kidding about the beta alanine. You notice that right away. Personally I m still undecided on whether I'm in favor of the tingles or not. They really don't bother me that much, however I know some people, like yourself, they effect in a negative way.

I would be curious to get your impression on 1/2 a bottle.
It was my pleasure.

I will most likely give this product a shot in the near future, but I honestly don't think I'll go higher than 1/2 bottle at a time. I think that this dosage is sufficient for most to get pretty decent effects from the stuff. This is good IMO, because the standard 12 bottle boxes will actually be more like 24 servings...meaning that it will last most for well over a month if taken pre-workout only. Not sure what the retail will be, but it'll obviously be more cost effective.