Enzyme Optimization Cycle - 1-Androsterone + 4-AD

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AMS - Enzyme Optimization Cycle

At Advanced Muscle Science (AMS) we want you to maximize results when you use our products. That is why we have basic stacking charts on our website you can find here. One of the most popular AMS stacks is 1-Androsterone and 4-AD. The reason is because it utilizes two similar, yet very different prohormones.

1-Androsterone (chemical name: 1-DHEA), converts to three different powerful hormones.

• 1-Androstenedione
  • 1-Androstenediol
  • 1-Testosterone

But the primary hormone we are after is 1-Testosterone. The most recent research on 1-Testosterone shows that it has similar anabolic and androgenic activity to the popular illegal steroid Testosterone Propionate or "Test Prop", based on Hershberger assay (4). Older research suggests it is seven times more powerful than testosterone (5-7). This makes 1-Androsterone, a prohormone to 1-Testosterone, a powerful anabolic.

When 1-Androsterone is consumed (via our cyclodextrin based orally disintegrating tablets), it comes in contact with various tissues throughout the body (blood, fat, muscle, liver, etc) (1-3).

To understand how 1-Androsterone creates this powerful effect you must also understand the conversion pathway. Meaning how does this prohormone convert to the powerful anabolic 1-Testosterone. There are two critical steps involved as well as two enzymes. The conversion pathways as well as enzymes are depicted below:

Thankfully the enzymes needed for the above illustrated conversions are abundant in the human body. They can be found in various tissues including muscle, fat, the liver, and even blood lymphocytes (1-3). We will go into more detail on the various enzymes that contribute to these conversions, but please understand that they are critical to getting the explosive anabolic effect we are needing for muscle growth. In addition more recent research suggests it is in fact metabolizing to 1-Testosterone quite efficiently.

Now that you have an idea of the metabolism and underlying hormones, we can discuss stacking to create the potential for a better cycle. 1-Androsterone is the powerhouse of your cycle. It will produce lean muscle gains with minimal bloat. Unfortunately this does not always come with zero side effects. The two most common side effects seen with 1-Androsterone are lethargy (general sleepiness), and a loss of libido (the drive to have sex).

This is where 4-AD comes in to the cycle. 4-AD converts to testosterone and estrogen (to a lesser degree). Together these help you maintain your libido, and avoid some of the lethargy that 1-Androsterone causes.

Unfortunately these two hormones utilize the same enzymes (image above depicts these enzymes) to convert to the more powerful anabolics. Because of this you want to stagger your 4-AD dose as the typical 1-Androsterone sides to not prop their ugly heads up for a week or two into the cycle.

At that point you still only want to use the minimally effective dose of 4-AD that mitigates the 1-Androsterone side effects. This way you have more 1-Androsterone converting to the powerful 1-Testosterone, helping to build more muscle.

Here is an example cycle to illustrate this concept:

Now keep in mind we are all different and some may experience certain side effects (both positive and negative) sooner or later than others. So be flexible. For example, if you feel lethargic in Week 1 of the cycle go ahead and start the 4-AD.

If you're interested in more detail related to these prohormones and stacking them please feel free to ask on the AMS Facebook page. In future blogs we hope to discuss these prohormones and the science behind them. Stay tuned!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell I just might give it a swing

tattoopierced1

Was going to try this over fall/winter, but with higher dosing.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really nice info ! How would you incoporate Decavol in this cycle ?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really nice info ! How would you incoporate Decavol in this cycle ?
Decavol converts to the powerful nandrolone which is a reasonably good muscle builder. So you would dose it similar to the 1-Androsterone. If you used both 1-Androsterone and Decavol I would probably start the 4-AD as late as you can and run it about 10-14 days longer then Decavol/1-Androsterone.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Decavol converts to the powerful nandrolone which is a reasonably good muscle builder. So you would dose it similar to the 1-Androsterone. If you used both 1-Androsterone and Decavol I would probably start the 4-AD as late as you can and run it about 10-14 days longer then Decavol/1-Androsterone.
Nice info thank you !

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just FYI... I have been following the Enzyme Optimization Cycle and am on the 4th week. So far going good. I'll post up some final thoughts/review afterwards, but in short it has helped me accomplish my goals. To lean out for my upcoming cruise and maintain strength/size.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just FYI... I have been following the Enzyme Optimization Cycle and am on the 4th week. So far going good. I'll post up some final thoughts/review afterwards, but in short it has helped me accomplish my goals. To lean out for my upcoming cruise and maintain strength/size.
Good stuff.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff.
Yeah, when I looked at the dosing protocol you had laid out I felt that it would be really good for a nice steady and mild cycle to help with a recomp/leaning out. As well as shouldn't be very suppressive. Which I don't feel it has, and I've felt no sides. Libido's been great and zero lethargy.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im running 1andro & dvol now and am really enjoying it. Kinda wish I added some 4ad in instead of double dosing the 1ad :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im running 1andro & dvol now and am really enjoying it. Kinda wish I added some 4ad in instead of double dosing the 1ad :)
Have u had the chance to run ur guys 5aOHP? It's kind of intriguing.

kvothe

Awards
speaking of 1-ad 4-ad and decavol, will AMS have any more anabolic growth kits sent to retailers? How about a new one that is just 1 ad, and 4 ad, leave out the pct, make it more economical to buy the hormones, esp if one were to use a research chem for pct. Would love to try the 1ad, and 4ad, but kind of pricey and leaving out the arom-x may help a little.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
speaking of 1-ad 4-ad and decavol, will AMS have any more anabolic growth kits sent to retailers? How about a new one that is just 1 ad, and 4 ad, leave out the pct, make it more economical to buy the hormones, esp if one were to use a research chem for pct. Would love to try the 1ad, and 4ad, but kind of pricey and leaving out the arom-x may help a little.
Yes we will.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not yet. I some on the way and will use it for my next cycle :)
Yeah, I'm keeping it in mind for down the road. Looks like it would be good to stack or bridge with quite a few products out there

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice write up!! Hey Royd, could you offer any insight into the conversion rate of 4dhea? I've always watched the feedback of 4-dhea because of it's reported conversion ratios of estrogen to testosterone. I remember reading about by PA and a few others I believe. Thoughts?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice write up!! Hey Royd, could you offer any insight into the conversion rate of 4dhea? I've always watched the feedback of 4-dhea because of it's reported conversion ratios of estrogen to testosterone. I remember reading about by PA and a few others I believe. Thoughts?
The conversion rate isn't static in a biological environment. I'd love to guess but it would be just that (a guess). Personally I think it varies to a great degree by age as well. Having said all that we need to just pay for some bloodwork on the stuff and see how much it increases test after chronic use (a standard 1 box cycle). The German study really shed some interesting light on the topic though. All the "andros" utilize the same conversion pathway, so it's reasonable to assume that 4-AD would be metabolized in a similar manner to 1-Androsterone (1-DHEA). In that German study the primary metabolites were as follows:

The metabolites in order of peak concentrations:

. Alpha-isomer of 1-Androsterone/1-DHEA
1-Testosterone
HO-Dione 1
1-Androstenediol, Alpha-isomer of 1-Androstenediol, and HO-Dione 2
1-Androstenedione
1-Androsterone or 1-DHEA

That's pretty good news that 1-testosterone was the second highest metabolite after only 1 cap. Of course these were urinary metabolites and not plasma levels which can vary.

I've been looking for reliable guys to sponsor some bloodwork for but get so busy with other stuff. If someone is interested in running a 4-AD only cycle with bloodwork please PM me. There are certain requirements that must be met.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The conversion rate isn't static in a biological environment. I'd love to guess but it would be just that (a guess). Personally I think it varies to a great degree by age as well. Having said all that we need to just pay for some bloodwork on the stuff and see how much it increases test after chronic use (a standard 1 box cycle). The German study really shed some interesting light on the topic though. All the "andros" utilize the same conversion pathway, so it's reasonable to assume that 4-AD would be metabolized in a similar manner to 1-Androsterone (1-DHEA). In that German study the primary metabolites were as follows:

The metabolites in order of peak concentrations:

. Alpha-isomer of 1-Androsterone/1-DHEA
1-Testosterone
HO-Dione 1
1-Androstenediol, Alpha-isomer of 1-Androstenediol, and HO-Dione 2
1-Androstenedione
1-Androsterone or 1-DHEA

That's pretty good news that 1-testosterone was the second highest metabolite after only 1 cap. Of course these were urinary metabolites and not plasma levels which can vary.

I've been looking for reliable guys to sponsor some bloodwork for but get so busy with other stuff. If someone is interested in running a 4-AD only cycle with bloodwork please PM me. There are certain requirements that must be met.
Very good information and something that will prove invaluable for any future user. Getting a few people together to run a hormone assay during a 4 week 4-dhea cycle would really get the eyes open, especially if we can theorize a similar conversion estimate as seen in the 1 - dhea study!!! This could really prove to the masses that these dhea metabolites are even more effective then originally thought.

jodenem99

jodenem99

Awards
looks like a cycle i want to try ,also wanted to add havoc 20/30/30/40/40/40 what are your thoughts on that .thank you

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks like a cycle i want to try ,also wanted to add havoc 20/30/30/40/40/40 what are your thoughts on that .thank you
Stacking a methyl like havoc with a prohormone is a good idea imo. Starting the havoc first would be ideal.

jodenem99

jodenem99

Awards
hi ,i am going to do this 1-andro / 4 ad cycle for 8 wks .starting march 3 after vacation. i have two boxes ,also two bottles of havoc which i am going to combine for 6 wks . i was going to start the havoc two wks into the cycle i saw your previous reply and wondered why you recommend starting the havoc first . thank you for your imput

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hi ,i am going to do this 1-andro / 4 ad cycle for 8 wks .starting march 3 after vacation. i have two boxes ,also two bottles of havoc which i am going to combine for 6 wks . i was going to start the havoc two wks into the cycle i saw your previous reply and wondered why you recommend starting the havoc first . thank you for your imput
Essentially I have found some research suggesting that the enzymes that convert prohormones into more powerful anabolics are up-regulated when you suppress natural testosterone (it's more of a theory at this point but there is good evidence there). So taking a suppressive designer steroid like havoc would suppress your natty test faster, and thus make the prohormones you follow it up with more effective.

jodenem99

jodenem99

Awards
ok i understand what your saying ,i know i did read that taking a methylated does help with the obsorption of the non- methylated prohormone i will follow your advice and start the havoc first.. now what would you recommend start the havoc maybe 2 wks ahead . thank you for your imput

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok i understand what your saying ,i know i did read that taking a methylated does help with the obsorption of the non- methylated prohormone i will follow your advice and start the havoc first.. now what would you recommend start the havoc maybe 2 wks ahead . thank you for your imput
Another idea on starting the havoc in the beginning (and this is somewhat bro science to be honest) is that having the AMS ph still running after the havoc is done will help you keep and solidify your gains from it. As opposed to possibly loosing some when a cycle abruptly ends and the hormones are gone from the body.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would probably start them all together which would leave you with 2 wks of the AMS ph running after you are done with the havoc. If you started the havoc 2 wks ahead you would be looking at a 10 wk cycle instead of an 8 wk total.

jodenem99

jodenem99

Awards
ok .sounds good , i didnt really want to extend to 10 wks . looking forward to a good cycle and have a solid pct already lined up .. was wanting to try the new intimidate but havent seen it being sold yet .. but i will have some kind of daa, tamoxifin, i have hcgenerate ,arom-x , erase . thanks for the feedback

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok .sounds good , i didnt really want to extend to 10 wks . looking forward to a good cycle and have a solid pct already lined up .. was wanting to try the new intimidate but havent seen it being sold yet .. but i will have some kind of daa, tamoxifin, i have hcgenerate ,arom-x , erase . thanks for the feedback
Sounds good man. Keep us posted on how things go and hit us up if you have any questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 9
Nutrition / Health 0
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4