Arom-X for Fat Loss

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Arom-X to Burn Fat

One of the primary ingredients in Arom-X is resveratrol. This is an extremely popular anti-aging and overall health promoting compound. Advanced Muscle Science (AMS) uses it in Arom-X as it has been shown to improve male reproduction function (triggers erections, enhancing serum testosterone levels, and sperm count and quality). These are all highly advantageous benefits after a cycle of prohormones.

What does all this have to do with fat burning?

A recent study out of Spain attempted to determine what happens in fat tissue as a result of resveratrol consumption (1). The study did point out the fact that there is existing research on resveratrol showing potential fat loss, but the majority of this research has been in vitro. This particular study used healthy rats. Which although not as good as healthy males, it is still substantially better than in vitro research.

Study Setup

The study used 16 rats (8 controls, and 8 resveratrol) and fed both groups the same diet which is used to promote fat gain. They then gave the rats 30mg’s of resveratrol per kilogram of weight each day. This translates to approximately 2.7 grams of resveratrol for a 200lb male. The supplementation period lasted for 6 total weeks.

Fat Loss Findings

At the end of the 6 weeks there were no major differences in total weight, or in weight gain. What they did find was a large decrease in fat tissue weight including a substantial decrease in subcutaneous fat (the squish that covers your abs) of 30.5%! There were also significant weight decreases in visceral fat (generally unhealthy).

In addition to fat tissue weight they also measured several enzymes responsible for fatty acid uptake (fat storage). One particular enzyme they measured is known as heparin-releasable lipoprotein lipase (HR-LPL). They found that HR-LPL was significantly decreased in the resveratrol group. HR-LPL is a key enzyme responsible for cellular uptake of free fatty acids, in other words it plays a key role in fat storage (2). Decreasing this enzyme is one mechanism of action the researchers suggest plays a role in resveratrol’s fat prevention properties.

In addition to the above effects the researchers also measured several other lipogenic (enzymes that promote fat storage, and/or block fat burning). They found a significant reduction in the activity of three of the four tested enzymes in fat tissue. This also indicates resveratrol’s positive impact on fat gain prevention and fat burning (oxidation).

The researchers also measured hormone-sensitive lipase, which is an enzyme that once activated increases lipolysis. Or in simpler terms, releases stored fat into the blood in order for its use by other tissues for fuel. They found that this enzyme expression was raised in the resveratrol group.

So in summary, this study found resveratrol:

· Decreased subcutaneous fat weight
· Decreased visceral fat weight
· Decreased key enzymes involved in fat storage
· Positive influence on fat burning and storage enzymes
· Increased activation of the all important HSL enzyme

Caveats

The authors do go on to discuss resveratrol and its bioavailability issues. A recent study found that the oral bioavailability of resveratrol to be approximately 20% (3). As noted earlier the dose given to rats in this study translated to a significant dose for humans. However, even a dose as small as 10mg/day in diabetic humans showed a positive influence on insulin sensitivity (4).

Arom-X

Knowing that resveratrol bioavailability is an issue, AMS created a special orally disintegrating tablet. This helps avoid first pass metabolism and improve bioavailability even further. Overall this makes Arom-X not only a great recovery and natural testosterone boosting option, but also a potentially potent fat loss/prevention agent. For more information on this powerful natural supplement please visit the Advanced Muscle Science Website.

References:

1. Changes in white adipose tissue metabolism induced by resveratrol in rats. Alberdi G Msc, Rodriguez VM Phd, Miranda J Phd, Macarulla MT Phd, Arias N Msc, Andres-Lacueva C Phd, Portillo MP Professor Phd. 2011, Nutrition and Metabolism, p. May 10;8(1):29.
2. Lipoprotein lipase regulation by insulin and glucocorticoid in subcutaneous and omental adipose tissues of obese women and men. Fried SK, Russell CD, Grauso NL, Brolin RE. 1993, The Journal of Clinical Investigation, pp. Nov;92(5):2191-8.
3. Pharmacokinetics, oral bioavailability, and metabolic profile of resveratrol and its dimethylether analog, pterostilbene, in rats. Kapetanovic IM, Muzzio M, Huang Z, Thompson TN, McCormick DL. 2010, Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, p. Nov 30. .
4. Resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity, reduces oxidative stress and activates the Akt pathway in type 2 diabetic patients. Brasnyó P, Molnár GA, Mohás M, Markó L, Laczy B, Cseh J, Mikolás E, Szijártó IA, Mérei A, Halmai R, Mészáros LG, Sümegi B, Wittmann I. 2011, The British Journal of Nutrition, pp. Mar 9:1-7. .

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool, just picked me up a box of this

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
does this have atd in it?

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I wonder if Arom-X plus the new transderm from N2BM would be a rockin stack?

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
AMS is one of the companies on my list for my winter bulk Arom-X is on that list.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Dermacrine + formastanzol carrier

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Not yet but when N2BM's transderm comes out I may run this just to see. Will need to do some research to get dosing and timeing down.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Think I'm going to give this a go, scary low prices if you search around.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It works well. Although I used it in a stack I was able to drop about 3-4% bf relatively easy.

I'm going to start it again with a bulk. A lot of the enzymes this research showed it upregulating were enzymes that prevent fat storage. Might be a good way to stave off excess fat.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another online retailer has it for 14.95 right now

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been a fan of resveratrol for awhile. I take an acai drink that has res'v in it daily.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm surprised to read that the title of your thread has not brought out many comments regarding diet as the only proper way to loose fat.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
would arom-x (rd tabs)/ pes erase/ AD shredabull a nice little stack for a cut?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
would arom-x (rd tabs)/ pes erase/ AD shredabull a nice little stack for a cut?
Don't know much about shred bull myself, but should be nice. Just be sure to listen to your body and start your arom x and erase doses lower and go up as needed as both are AIs and erase can be really potent

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Don't know much about shred bull myself, but should be nice. Just be sure to listen to your body and start your arom x and erase doses lower and go up as needed as both are AIs and erase can be really potent
Thanks CC, i'd start at minimum dose and bump up if necessary. Was opting for activate xtreme at first but my bottle xpired 1/2012, opened my bottle and found some brown powdery stuff. what you think it is? here are some photos.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/r6lift/

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks CC, i'd start at minimum dose and bump up if necessary. Was opting for activate xtreme at first but my bottle xpired 1/2012, opened my bottle and found some brown powdery stuff. what you think it is? here are some photos.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/r6lift/
Have you opened up one of the capsules to see if they are the same color? At first guess I would say its prolly the contents spilled out is all.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Have you opened up one of the capsules to see if they are the same color? At first guess I would say its prolly the contents spilled out is all.
your right CC, opened up one of the caps, the color and the smell of the powder were the same. looks like i'd be going w/ the erase/AX/shred stack after all and save my arom-x for my growth kit cycle in couple months. :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
your right CC, opened up one of the caps, the color and the smell of the powder were the same. looks like i'd be going w/ the erase/AX/shred stack after all and save my arom-x for my growth kit cycle in couple months. :)
Word

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
So arom-x during a Anabolic growth kit cycle would be beneficial to keep excess fat gain to minimal ?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So arom-x during a Anabolic growth kit cycle would be beneficial to keep excess fat gain to minimal ?
Going to be best kept for pct. while on cycle the Arom X is going to be over shadowed by the fact that you have PHs on board.