CopyCat Fights Catabolism & Increases Endurance w/ Body Mortar

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just wanted to take the time to share my personal experiences with AMS' Body Mortar.
A complex of BCAA's utilizing the superior 4:1:1 ratio.​

Fitness is something that people strive for in many different ways and for many different reasons. Some do it simply because they enjoy it, some earn a living with it, and even some may depend on it for their or others lives. I am sure those are, but just a few reasons. For me, I fall into 2 out of the 3 I mentioned. This has led me to include endurance races such as 10k's, half & full marathons, and perhaps a triathlon or ultra someday into my fitness routines.

Because during training and endurance races one risks reaching states of catabolism along with a need to stay energized or refueled is why BCAA's have become a staple of mine. Of course, AMS' Body Mortar happens to be my favorite. Just can't beat the 4:1:1 ratio, great flavors, and good prices.

I've been using Body Mortar about a year, year and a half now. I use it for my weight lifting sessions, crossfit workouts, and yes for my marathons. For my races I've used it prior, during, and post race.

For example yesterday I ran my first race of the season, The Marine Corps Marathon's Irish Sprint 10k with an official chip time of 1:00:01 and of course I had my Body Mortar with me!!

Below are a couple pics along with a link for my Garmin GPS info, showing the course, my splits, and more details (if you are interested).

Lastly, I've reserved the second post for more of an official write up on Body Mortar.

Follow this link for my Garmin GPS info for Irish Sprint 10k

Attachments

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

2:1:1 BCAA ratios are a thing of the past!

50% more BCAA’s in Body Mortar than the leading BCAA products.

AMS’ Body Mortar delivers a 4:1:1 BCAA dose per serving plus glutamine and a blended carb source necessary to fuel intense muscle growth.

So why does AMS use 50% more L-leucine (Anabolically Superior 4:1:1 ratio) than most other companies who use the outdated 2:1:1 ratio?

Leucine is an essential amino acid (meaning the human body cannot synthesize it and it needs to come from dietary methods). Leucine has recently been growing in popularity due to its ability to initiate protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. Leucine does so by activating the anabolic pathway mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin), which lets the body know that there is sufficient protein to begin synthesizing new skeletal muscle Protein. Protein synthesis is initiated when there is a greater concentration of leucine in the mTOR pathway. Leucine will also cause a release of insulin, which will further encourage anabolism. Supplemental leucine is ideal for athletes looking to make changes in their physique because it can be used for its anabolic abilities while gaining muscle mass and its anti-catabolism properties while cutting fat. Leucine will also aid muscles in the recovery from the vigorous training of any type of athlete.

Although L-leucine is the most coveted component of the BCAA family, and the heart of our product, we don't want you to think that L-valine and L-isoleucine are marginal ingredients, so here are a few of their benefits:

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to maintain a positive nitrogen balance in the body.

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to repair and heal muscle tissue.

L-valine is needed for metabolism within muscle cells.

L-valine is found in high quantities in muscle tissues.

L-isoleucine has the ability to increase endurance and stamina.
L-isoleucine's most intriguing use is its ability to maintain energy levels by regulating blood sugar levels.

Body Mortar also uses a fast digesting Maltodextrin/Dextrose blended carb source for instant digestibility and uptake because once you’ve exceeded your stored energy during an intensive workout, it is crucial to tap in to that “extra fuel” and push beyond the norm – hitting deep muscle fibers.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome! Looks like a hill at the end of that course too huh? What kind of garmin watch do you have?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, yeah, mile 4 or so was all hill. I remember on the return which back tracked it'self down thinking to myself "so that's what I looked like going up?"

I have a Garmin Forerunner 405cx. Got a sweet deal on it last year for about $140.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
Atta boy! I hate running. You are a stronger man than I.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Atta boy! I hate running. You are a stronger man than I.
Please, make no mistake about it. I hate running too. I mean, I really do hate running. If you could hear the conversation I have in my head w/ myself during my runs you would laugh, shake your head, and most certainly think I am crazy. Little know insight to my psyche... there has not been a single run that I have ever done since joining the service that I have not tried to come up with a way to fall out and quit without looking like a b*tch. I think about it all most the whole time running. I've just never come up with a good enough excuse or way...lol

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
I guess you can't really use the ol "shin splints" excuse huh? haha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess you can't really use the ol "shin splints" excuse huh? haha
You know, I know shin splints are real, but I've kind of always in a way thought they were a myth made up by lazy people..lol. I have never had them personally. Right now the injury I have been dealing with off and on from training for the last MCM marathon is ITB syndrome. At least I believe it to be. I'm thinking about getting seen if after I get and use a foam roller awhile it doesn't go away. Because of where the pain is, it's hard to tell if it's truly ITBS, but if it's not, it may be a slight fracture near the femoral head/neck/trochanter area. Who knows.