Lucidrol: Why not for women?

1sizefitsall

Awards
My wife and I usually workout together so she uses almost all of my pre-workout supps. When I showed her all the great reviews for Lucidrol she was psyched and told me to order a box. The box came in today and she was very disappointed to read that it is not for use by women. I was wondering what the risks are if she did take one? Thank for any info.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
ya that is odd that women cant take it.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lucidrol is actually fine for women to take. We made a mistake proofing the box on the first run. It's actually corrected and the newest boxes will not say that on it. Sorry about that.

1sizefitsall

Awards
Thanks for the info. She's gonna be psyched!

1sizefitsall

Awards
I've only tried it for my last 2 workouts and I honestly can't say that I noticed a huge difference. I'm doing the Bill Star 5x5 routine and I'm usually not "dialed in" until I my last 2 sets of squats. Lucidrol didn't change that. Just didn't seem to be anymore focused or motivated than I usually am. I'm also self admitted stim junky. I rotate between n.o. xplode, jack3d, venom, ragnrok etc. so maybe my brains all burned out from that stuff. But I've been using reset a.d. for the past month and that stuff has made jack3d work w/ 1 scoop again. So maybe I'm not burned out? I don't know.
As for my wife, she said it was great! She's a photographer and spends marathon time on her computer editing and publishing photos. She said she blasted through 5 hours of work the other night w/out ever stopping to check her email or facebook. For her that's unheard of. She usually grabs one of my venom's when she's working late but said she didn't need it this time. Glad it worked for her. But then again, jack3d works great for me but just gives her a brain splitting headache.
So I don't know if it's my stim use or just our different physiology. I'm gonna keep using them til there gone and hope at some point that I get 1/2 the effect my wife gets from them.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I've only tried it for my last 2 workouts and I honestly can't say that I noticed a huge difference. I'm doing the Bill Star 5x5 routine and I'm usually not "dialed in" until I my last 2 sets of squats. Lucidrol didn't change that. Just didn't seem to be anymore focused or motivated than I usually am. I'm also self admitted stim junky. I rotate between n.o. xplode, jack3d, venom, ragnrok etc. so maybe my brains all burned out from that stuff. But I've been using reset a.d. for the past month and that stuff has made jack3d work w/ 1 scoop again. So maybe I'm not burned out? I don't know.
As for my wife, she said it was great! She's a photographer and spends marathon time on her computer editing and publishing photos. She said she blasted through 5 hours of work the other night w/out ever stopping to check her email or facebook. For her that's unheard of. She usually grabs one of my venom's when she's working late but said she didn't need it this time. Glad it worked for her. But then again, jack3d works great for me but just gives her a brain splitting headache.
So I don't know if it's my stim use or just our different physiology. I'm gonna keep using them til there gone and hope at some point that I get 1/2 the effect my wife gets from them.
Are you taking it with caffeine?

1sizefitsall

Awards
I haven't taken it w/ my pre-workout until today. Still difficult to say if it did anything. Maybe a little more focused, but I also know I'm pretty susceptible to the placebo effect. I really wish it had the dramatic affect on me that it has on my wife.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I haven't taken it w/ my pre-workout until today. Still difficult to say if it did anything. Maybe a little more focused, but I also know I'm pretty susceptible to the placebo effect. I really wish it had the dramatic affect on me that it has on my wife.
Well, to be honest if you're used to taking pre-workout caffeine then this probably won't do much for you sans the caffeine. That said, you should notice a difference if you combine the two. Try a couple capsules with a 200mg caffeine tablet.

1sizefitsall

Awards
Hey thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ya that is odd that women cant take it.

Not at all. Why would we want our women focused and sharp? It's harder to get out of arguments when they're mentally clear.

1sizefitsall

Awards
Not at all. Why would we want our women focused and sharp? It's harder to get out of arguments when they're mentally clear.
LOL!! Truer words were never spoken! :box: