1-AD/4-AD/Decavol 9 week cycle

grippo

grippo

Awards
Started my first AMS cycle today:
1-AD (2mL) and Decavol (3 caps) for the first three days
then I'll add in the 4-AD (2mL) so it will run over a few days at the end
I am also adding in the Nocturnabol to help with some quality sleep

Looking to gain about 10 lbs. of lean mass while cutting 1-2% of body fat.

Diet will be 40/40/20 with a lot of lean meat, complex carbs, and healthy fats, just a typical diet, shooting for about 4000 calories/day.

I will run a 6-day split with Hams, Quads, Chest, Shoulders having thier own days as well as two back days (one concentrating on pullups/pulldowns and one concentrating on rows). I know 6-days is a lot, sounds like overtraining, but I work at a gym, I feel if I don't workout, I'm wasting my day. I've been following this split for a while and have been getting good results, it works for me, this is from about 2-3 years of trying different routines. I tried a lot of routines, ended up combining some of them and modifying it into my own program. Basically, I start with a heavy compound movement (deadlifts/squats/etc..) for 5x5, then I'll throw in a machine/cable lift for some volume, then a DB lift for stabilization work and finish it off with a set of 5's (like the FST-7, but I get enough from 5 sets of 12).

My stats as of 1/31/10 are 215 lbs after waking up and using the restroom

Chest 44"
Shoulders 51" (across collarbone)
Waist 38" (at my navel)
Biceps 16.5"
Triceps 14.75"
Thighs 24.5"
Calves 16"

Bodyfat is 13.28%
28.5 lbs. of body fat
186.5 lbs. of lean mass

Deadlift 1RM 405 lbs.
Squat 1RM 376 lbs.
Barbell Rows 284 lbs.
Bench Press 1RM 202 lbs.*
Overhead Press 1RM 168 lbs.*
*I've had a lot of shoulder problems, so barbell presses are out of the question, I use the smith machine for these, the weight is the weight added to the bar, to me the bar provides zero resistance, I know this isn't the best way to measure, but it will still show strength increases

I posted some "before" pics on my profile.

grippo

grippo

Awards
thanks guys, no real update yet, i always like to give stuff at least a week before its possible to notice a difference, but i did want to let everyone know about the nocturnabol, i started taking it the night before my stack and my sleep has gotten better every night, the first few nights, it didn't seem to help me sleep, i actually felt like i couldn't get to sleep, probably the anticipation, but i have noticed since the first morning, i always wake up feeling rested, whether i get 4 or 8 hours of sleep, im a big advocate of getting plenty of rest and will be taking nocturnabol for a while!

look for some updates and numbers on sunday

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, no real update yet, i always like to give stuff at least a week before its possible to notice a difference, but i did want to let everyone know about the nocturnabol, i started taking it the night before my stack and my sleep has gotten better every night, the first few nights, it didn't seem to help me sleep, i actually felt like i couldn't get to sleep, probably the anticipation, but i have noticed since the first morning, i always wake up feeling rested, whether i get 4 or 8 hours of sleep, im a big advocate of getting plenty of rest and will be taking nocturnabol for a while!

look for some updates and numbers on sunday
Thats one of the best aspects of the Noctunabol ...even if you only get 4-5 hours sleep you still feel like you've got 8!

grippo

grippo

Awards
End of Week 1:
217.4 lbs (+2.4)
12.98% BF (-0.30)
28.25 lbs. of body fat (-0.25)
189.25 lbs. of lean mass (+2.75)

Deadlift 1RM 416 lbs. (+11)
Squat 1RM 376 lbs. (same)
Barbell Rows 286 lbs. (+2)
Bench Press 1RM 202 lbs.* (same)
Overhead Press 1RM 174 lbs.* (+6)
*I've had a lot of shoulder problems, so barbell presses are out of the question, I use the smith machine for these, the weight is the weight added to the bar, to me the bar provides zero resistance, I know this isn't the best way to measure, but it will still show strength increases

Gains are typical for me from week to week, I have been stuck on the same weight for my final sets of my main lifts, I don't increase until I get 5 good reps, I'm looking to increase the weights on all my big lifts this week, this should show if the stack is giving me that extra "push"

From previous cycles, week 2 seems to be when I notice differences, so this week should be interesting.

The nocturnabol continues to improve my sleep every night. Should I cycle this, say after each 30-day box, to keep it effective?

Week 1 Progress Pics are up on my profile

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to cycle the noct. I typically dose it Sun-Thurs night and lay off of it on the weekends.

crazylegs22

Awards
I like to cycle the noct. I typically dose it Sun-Thurs night and lay off of it on the weekends.
Royd, do you notice it being harder to sleep on the days you dont take the noct? and what about when you take a lengthy amount of time off of it? (if you do at all...) thanks!

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I never notice any trouble sleeping after stopping but i feel with any supp its good to cycle it. I usually use Mon-Frid then off weekends.

grippo

grippo

Awards
Thanks guys, I never thought of cycling off the nocturnabol on the weekends, that works great for me, I'll try it tonight. By the way, I'm almost at two weeks straight on the Noct. and my sleep continues to get better and haven't woken up feeling unrested yet. I hate how this is turning more into a Noct. log, but I'll have some updates on the 1AD/4AD/DVOL Sunday, 2 weeks, so I'm expecting something good, recovery seems to be much better and I'm always hungry, which is helping me keep up with my calories, we'll see.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Royd, do you notice it being harder to sleep on the days you dont take the noct? and what about when you take a lengthy amount of time off of it? (if you do at all...) thanks!
That's hard to say really because in general I stay up later on weekends so naturally I can fall right asleep. But because of the same reason I really cannot go without noct on Sunday nights.

grippo

grippo

Awards
End of Week 2:
222.6 lbs. (+3.2) (+7.6 in 2 weeks)
12.39% BF (-0.59) (-0.91 in 2 weeks)
27.57 lbs. of body fat (-0.92) (-0.98 in 2 weeks)
195.103 lbs. of lean mass (+4.12) (+8.58 in 2 weeks)

Deadlift 1RM 441 lbs. (+25)
Squat 1RM 391 lbs. (+15)
Barbell Row 1RM 286 lbs. (same)
Bench Press 1RM 202 lbs. (same)*
Overhead Press 1RM 174 lbs. (same)*

No real gains in upper body, just switched to HIT, I was already going intense on lower body, so pushing it that much more let me see where I was really at. Upper body should improve this week since I was toying with the HIT. I'm trying to hit the 6-10 rep range, so with the numbers from last week, I should be closer to my 6-10RM this week and have a much better estimate of my 1RM's.

Week 2 Progress pics are up on my profile, don't see any changes yet, but its only 2 weeks, I'm seeing decent strength and composition gains which will show later.

I tried cycling off the Nocturnabol over the weekend, sleep was poor, back on it tonight!

grippo

grippo

Awards
no updates, i finished about 4 weeks of the stack, had to stop b/c of a partial rotator cuff tear, gained a solid 5 lbs. and didn't gain any body fat, i will try it again with liquidrone when my shoulder feels better