If Dienedrone is "non-methylated" why the Milk Thistle? - AnabolicMinds.com

If Dienedrone is "non-methylated" why the Milk Thistle?

1. New Member

If Dienedrone is "non-methylated" why the Milk Thistle?

Why does Dienedrone have Milk Thistle in it? Is it still liver toxic even though it's not methylated? Or is the Milk Thistle in there for some other reason (BP, etc.)?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

milk thistle also can help with cholesterol too. There are many other benefits to MT than just liver detox.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sil...nt-milkthistle
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    milk thistle also can help with cholesterol too. There are many other benefits to MT than just liver detox.
    OK, let me re-phrase the question, is Dienedrone liver toxic?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Rippe View Post
    OK, let me re-phrase the question, is Dienedrone liver toxic?
    I cannot say that I have seen anything definitive one way or another. However anecdotal feedback almost always shows increases in appetite. Which is actually the opposite of what you would feel should your liver values be elevated. Again this is difficult to say for sure for the masses. However I would say its less toxic then a methylated oral.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I cannot say that I have seen anything definitive one way or another. However anecdotal feedback ...
    I was hoping for a more substantiated reply. Did AMS do any pre-release bloodwork testing or do they just sell products like this to "the masses" and hope nothing goes wrong?

This is not a dig against AMS alone, but seems to be the way the industry works in general. How hard would it be to run a simple blood test on a sample group before releasing a product like this? At least be aware of what it's doing to the body and be able to advise what the problems COULD be.

I want to get big as bad as the next guy but I have become very cautious. I have used products in the past that I regret. Some of the methylated products out today are pure poison. I am interested in AMS products because it appears they have NOT gone that route and have some concern for health (I hope).

However, when I saw "Milk Thistle" as one of the ingredients in Dienedrone it sent up a flag. Yes, it is good for a lot of things but why did AMS feel the need to include it in the mix? What problem is it there to counteract? That's all I want to know.
  6. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was hoping for a more substantiated reply. Did AMS do any pre-release bloodwork testing or do they just sell products like this to "the masses" and hope nothing goes wrong?

This is not a dig against AMS alone, but seems to be the way the industry works in general. How hard would it be to run a simple blood test on a sample group before releasing a product like this? At least be aware of what it's doing to the body and be able to advise what the problems COULD be.

I want to get big as bad as the next guy but I have become very cautious. I have used products in the past that I regret. Some of the methylated products out today are pure poison. I am interested in AMS products because it appears they have NOT gone that route and have some concern for health (I hope).

However, when I saw "Milk Thistle" as one of the ingredients in Dienedrone it sent up a flag. Yes, it is good for a lot of things but why did AMS feel the need to include it in the mix? What problem is it there to counteract? That's all I want to know.
    Your opinion is understandable, however there are companies who have run blood tests with users and once they post the feedback they immediately see people saying things like "well its company sponsored and biased". Also its not always feasible for the smaller companies. Having said that I'll bring it up for further discussion with the company execs.

I talked to the formulator of the product and this was his reply:

"We decided to put it in as a safety precaution (or more like an over safety precaution). It's not an admission of guilt - I'm just being an overprotective parent. Dienedrone has a fairly low dose and the 19Nor molecule doesn't increase (remember - I'm not a doctor) liver enzymes. I've never heard any reports of it doing so (and not even increasing blood pressure for that matter). It's a very safe compound."
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I want to get big as bad as the next guy but I have become very cautious. I have used products in the past that I regret. Some of the methylated products out today are pure poison.
    I am interested in AMS products because it appears they have NOT gone that route and have some concern for health (I hope).

i fully support that .The industry should take more responsibility and provide more information about their products and not spend all the time and money making advertising claims.

Some of the stuff thats out there has labelling thats far from professional both in design and information.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Your opinion is understandable...Having said that I'll bring it up for further discussion with the company execs...

I talked to the formulator of the product and this was his reply:...
    Now THAT is an an excellent reply - much more responsible than some of your competitors - THANK YOU!

BTW, I have just placed my order.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. a word about milk thistle while "on"
    By boby-at in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 11:45 AM
  4. Where can I find the Cheapest "Milk-Thistle"
    By Jeffy-P in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 02:17 AM
  5. Anyone use Rice/Almond/Any other "milk"?
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:32 PM