headaches

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
Mr. Arnold
is there anything you can recommend for relieving headaches? i get them on a daily basis and up until recently i had been taking ibuprofen to help deal with them but i heard that it's counterproductive to trying to gain muscle. is that true? and if so, what alternatives are there that won't be counterproductive to my training. thanks

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
coffee, caffeine. with ibuprofen

dont worry about ibuprofen hurting your gains. i have made gains while taking it as have others

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Pat and I had this discussion awhile ago; NSAIDs were purportedly not conducive to muscle and strength gains. However, something about it actually helping elderly. In the end, if you're not using it constantly, I think it's worth it to live comfortably and any disadvantage you may experience is probably so miniscule that daily hormonal changes would have a greater effect on your muscles than NSAID use.
Just as long as you're not on a ton of orals and/or DNP. Then in that case, you're gonna need to man up and pull the string.

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
thanks guys. i really appreciate your input on this matter

propho

Awards
  • Established
I thought I remember reading a natural remedy is cayenne pepper..

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Injected. Jks.I am going to have to agree with pat. Excedrine migraine is good for headaches already there.
I used to get headaches a lot some 10-11 years ago and started taking excedrin for it. The aspirin (or maybe their combo) eventually killed my stomach and now I cannot take much more than those baby 81mg aspirins or I'm in severe pain for hours.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to get headaches a lot some 10-11 years ago and started taking excedrin for it. The aspirin (or maybe their combo) eventually killed my stomach and now I cannot take much more than those baby 81mg aspirins or I'm in severe pain for hours.
Sounds like you have a hole in your stomach.

Chronic use can) induce this even.
Chronic headaches are hard to diagnose the cause. Most people don't even go to the doctor and just pop pills. Doctors visit can be helpful especially if you have a pinched nerve in your back and it caused migraines like my sister

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

Chronic use can) induce this even.r

prostaglandins are protective of the stomach lining. drugs which block prostaglandins (or their production) such as NSAIDs and corticosteroids can therefore cause ulcers and such with chronic usage

this is semi common knowledge of course

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards

Chronic use can) induce this even.
Chronic headaches are hard to diagnose the cause. Most people don't even go to the doctor and just pop pills. Doctors visit can be helpful especially if you have a pinched nerve in your back and it caused migraines like my sister
prostaglandins are protective of the stomach lining. drugs which block prostaglandins (or their production) such as NSAIDs and corticosteroids can therefore cause ulcers and such with chronic usage

this is semi common knowledge of course
Yes, I'm aware. When you're 18-19 and need a clear head for work and ****, you tend not to worry about sides since I always thought I was invincible...