OxyElite Protein claims

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    They post the labels of said products, yes.
    If they list the amount on the label then there is no problem.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Use anabolic05 for 5% off at Lockout supplements



  2. No, I was saying there was reliable information on BB.com threads because they name brands with amino blends on the label lol
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    No, I was saying there was reliable information on BB.com threads because they name brands with amino blends on the label lol
    No you said they were naming and shaming the guilty parties .So far there has only been one that has been verified....the rest are just accusations by competitors and fanboys

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Use anabolic05 for 5% off at Lockout supplements


  4. They have been naming and shaming labels where amino acid blends were featured in the label I.e. naming protein powders that may be using them as fillers to increase protein numbers on the nutrition panel.

    For people who were unaware of what was going on it is potentially useful as more people are asking for products without added glycine.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    They have been naming and shaming labels where amino acid blends were featured in the label I.e. naming protein powders that may be using them as fillers to increase protein numbers on the nutrition panel.

    For people who were unaware of what was going on it is potentially useful as more people are asking for products without added glycine.

    I thought people got banned and threads closed when people criticize products on that board
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   
       


  6. Pass. I honestly hadn't paid much attention to it until very recently. There are some profiles listed with added aminos if anyone wants bringing up to speed on the debacle.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    and even if you dont eat protein for many hours during the day and then overcompensate with lots for a portion of the day studies find your overall protein balance will end up being pretty good. your body knows how to adjust
    Unrealistic condition (because they were not carb and fat included meals). BUT timing might actually matter to some degree:



    Daytime pattern of post-exercise protein intake affects whole-body protein turnover in resistance-trained males


    Moore, DR; Areta, J; Coffey, VG; Stellingwerff, T; Phillips, SM; Burke, LM; Cl?roux, M; Godin, JP; Hawley, JA
    ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: The pattern of protein intake following exercise may impact whole-body protein turnover and net protein retention. We determined the effects of different protein feeding strategies on protein metabolism in resistance-trained young men. METHODS: Participants were randomly assigned to ingest either 80g of whey protein as 8x10g every 1.5h (PULSE; n=8), 4x20g every 3h (intermediate, INT; n=7), or 2x40g every 6h (BOLUS; n=8) after an acute bout of bilateral knee extension exercise (4x10 repetitions at 80% maximal strength). Whole-body protein turnover (Q), synthesis (S), breakdown (B), and net balance (NB) were measured throughout 12h of recovery by a bolus ingestion of [15N]glycine with urinary [15N]ammonia enrichment as the collected end-product. RESULTS: PULSE Q rates were greater than BOLUS (~19%, P<0.05) with a trend towards being greater than INT (~9%, P=0.08). Rates of S were 32% and 19% greater and rates of B were 51% and 57% greater for PULSE as compared to INT and BOLUS, respectively (P<0.05), with no difference between INT and BOLUS. There were no statistical differences in NB between groups (P=0.23); however, magnitude-based inferential statistics revealed likely small (mean effect+/-90%CI; 0.59+/-0.87) and moderate (0.80+/-0.91) increases in NB for PULSE and INT compared to BOLUS and possible small increase (0.42+/-1.00) for INT vs. PULSE. CONCLUSION: We conclude that the pattern of ingested protein, and not only the total daily amount, can impact whole-body protein metabolism. Individuals aiming to maximize NB would likely benefit from repeated ingestion of moderate amounts of protein (~20g) at regular intervals (~3h) throughout the day.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  8. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    If they list the amount on the label then there is no problem.
    Why?

    When you test for Nitrogen they don't extract the amount listed on the label and then test for nitrogen content. The company that told you that wants you to believe that of course..

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    They have been naming and shaming labels where amino acid blends were featured in the label I.e. naming protein powders that may be using them as fillers to increase protein numbers on the nutrition panel.

    For people who were unaware of what was going on it is potentially useful as more people are asking for products without added glycine.
    glycine
    alanine
    taurine
    betaine
    creatine

  10. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post

    glycine
    alanine
    taurine
    betaine
    creatine
    Which companies were you referring about then? To make a statement like that you must have lab results...


    After that we can discuss USP using their own reps for reviews if you like.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Use anabolic05 for 5% off at Lockout supplements


  11. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Which companies were you referring about then? To make a statement like that you must have lab results...


    After that we can discuss USP using their own reps for reviews if you like.
    You don't have to believe it...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

    Which companies were you referring about then? To make a statement like that you must have lab results...

    After that we can discuss USP using their own reps for reviews if you like.
    hmmm, that's interesting.

    Neither you, or any of the other SNS reps, have ever given a review or testimony to the efficacy of the products they rep for? I wonder how you guys weigh in on questions about them then....

  13. Question is, which companies are safe to buy?

    I have to rethink what I buy now! I normally buy products with added BCAAS etc

  14. I think just having an amino blend largely of glycine and taurine is enough to be suspicious of protein claims...

    To the guy asking who, I don't know if it is cool to name here so check the thread that bdcc mentioned. It is a good thread.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I think just having an amino blend largely of glycine and taurine is enough to be suspicious of protein claims...

    To the guy asking who, I don't know if it is cool to name here so check the thread that bdcc mentioned. It is a good thread.
    Fair enough. I use to buy 80% pure bulk WPC! Im glad Usplabs made us aware, at least I know what to look for now. )

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Unrealistic condition (because they were not carb and fat included meals). BUT timing might actually matter to some degree:



    Daytime pattern of post-exercise protein intake affects whole-body protein turnover in resistance-trained males


    Moore, DR; Areta, J; Coffey, VG; Stellingwerff, T; Phillips, SM; Burke, LM; Cl?roux, M; Godin, JP; Hawley, JA
    ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: The pattern of protein intake following exercise may impact whole-body protein turnover and net protein retention. We determined the effects of different protein feeding strategies on protein metabolism in resistance-trained young men. METHODS: Participants were randomly assigned to ingest either 80g of whey protein as 8x10g every 1.5h (PULSE; n=8), 4x20g every 3h (intermediate, INT; n=7), or 2x40g every 6h (BOLUS; n=8) after an acute bout of bilateral knee extension exercise (4x10 repetitions at 80% maximal strength). Whole-body protein turnover (Q), synthesis (S), breakdown (B), and net balance (NB) were measured throughout 12h of recovery by a bolus ingestion of [15N]glycine with urinary [15N]ammonia enrichment as the collected end-product. RESULTS: PULSE Q rates were greater than BOLUS (~19%, P<0.05) with a trend towards being greater than INT (~9%, P=0.08). Rates of S were 32% and 19% greater and rates of B were 51% and 57% greater for PULSE as compared to INT and BOLUS, respectively (P<0.05), with no difference between INT and BOLUS. There were no statistical differences in NB between groups (P=0.23); however, magnitude-based inferential statistics revealed likely small (mean effect+/-90%CI; 0.59+/-0.87) and moderate (0.80+/-0.91) increases in NB for PULSE and INT compared to BOLUS and possible small increase (0.42+/-1.00) for INT vs. PULSE. CONCLUSION: We conclude that the pattern of ingested protein, and not only the total daily amount, can impact whole-body protein metabolism. Individuals aiming to maximize NB would likely benefit from repeated ingestion of moderate amounts of protein (~20g) at regular intervals (~3h) throughout the day.

    What source of protein did they use? Was it slow or fast?

    And what about intakes over 80 grams over six hours?

    this is interesting in that it gives us a snapshot look at protein metabolism, but its practical implications are quite limited
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  17. the protein powder market is so competitive that mislabeling and deception are all but inevitable. Most consumers buy on price and taste and dont know enough to be wary. As I said before I buy optimum nutrition. The USP product is probably decent as well
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  18. I get my protein from my own home grown ground chicken thrown in a blender with apple juice....I know exactly what's in it.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
  19. Post


    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I get my protein from my own home grown ground chicken thrown in a blender with apple juice....I know exactly what's in it.
    Srs?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post

    Srs?
    Extreamly
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  21. Had a Rib eye cooked medium, half slab of ribs, taters, and veggies today. That's my kind of protein!.

  22. Taters only cause its my carb up!

  23. Of course I took 2 anabolic pump and 2 Compound 20 with my meal. AP 20-25 minutes prior.

  24. This may explain why I noticed a real difference when I dropped protein powders and switched to 100% whole food sources. Sometimes I miss the convenience. Still, I bet the inner circle tub I ordered will last a while, I've fallen in love with chewing my food again.

  25. So OP started a thread asking PA what he thought about protein. Now it has devolved into whole food is better. I am surprised PA takes the time to respond. (no disrespect OP)
    "I would be proud to sport that body on the beach, or for a hot date." -Dsade commenting on my pics

  26. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Had a Rib eye cooked medium, half slab of ribs, taters, and veggies today. That's my kind of protein!.

    ur gonna get fat
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  27. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Of course I took 2 anabolic pump and 2 Compound 20 with my meal. AP 20-25 minutes prior.

    yer still gonna get fat
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

    ur gonna get fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

    yer still gonna get fat
    Seriously lol'd
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  29. Pat, you said you take casein powder. do you prefer that to whey, and if so, why? just curious.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    Pat, you said you take casein powder. do you prefer that to whey, and if so, why? just curious.

    whey gives me digestive issues
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. USPlabs OxyELITE Protein Release Date Announced \\ DON'T MISS OUT
    By borobulker in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 477
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
  2. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  3. Label Claims of Protein factory
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 09:54 AM
  4. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Log in
Log in