OxyElite Protein claims - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

OxyElite Protein claims

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Which companies were you referring about then? To make a statement like that you must have lab results...

After that we can discuss USP using their own reps for reviews if you like.
    You don't have to believe it...

Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

Which companies were you referring about then? To make a statement like that you must have lab results...

After that we can discuss USP using their own reps for reviews if you like.
    hmmm, that's interesting.

Neither you, or any of the other SNS reps, have ever given a review or testimony to the efficacy of the products they rep for? I wonder how you guys weigh in on questions about them then....

Question is, which companies are safe to buy?

I have to rethink what I buy now! I normally buy products with added BCAAS etc
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think just having an amino blend largely of glycine and taurine is enough to be suspicious of protein claims...

To the guy asking who, I don't know if it is cool to name here so check the thread that bdcc mentioned. It is a good thread.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I think just having an amino blend largely of glycine and taurine is enough to be suspicious of protein claims...

To the guy asking who, I don't know if it is cool to name here so check the thread that bdcc mentioned. It is a good thread.
    Fair enough. I use to buy 80% pure bulk WPC! Im glad Usplabs made us aware, at least I know what to look for now. )

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Unrealistic condition (because they were not carb and fat included meals). BUT timing might actually matter to some degree:

Daytime pattern of post-exercise protein intake affects whole-body protein turnover in resistance-trained males

Moore, DR; Areta, J; Coffey, VG; Stellingwerff, T; Phillips, SM; Burke, LM; Cl?roux, M; Godin, JP; Hawley, JA
    ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: The pattern of protein intake following exercise may impact whole-body protein turnover and net protein retention. We determined the effects of different protein feeding strategies on protein metabolism in resistance-trained young men. METHODS: Participants were randomly assigned to ingest either 80g of whey protein as 8x10g every 1.5h (PULSE; n=8), 4x20g every 3h (intermediate, INT; n=7), or 2x40g every 6h (BOLUS; n=8) after an acute bout of bilateral knee extension exercise (4x10 repetitions at 80% maximal strength). Whole-body protein turnover (Q), synthesis (S), breakdown (B), and net balance (NB) were measured throughout 12h of recovery by a bolus ingestion of [15N]glycine with urinary [15N]ammonia enrichment as the collected end-product. RESULTS: PULSE Q rates were greater than BOLUS (~19%, P<0.05) with a trend towards being greater than INT (~9%, P=0.08). Rates of S were 32% and 19% greater and rates of B were 51% and 57% greater for PULSE as compared to INT and BOLUS, respectively (P<0.05), with no difference between INT and BOLUS. There were no statistical differences in NB between groups (P=0.23); however, magnitude-based inferential statistics revealed likely small (mean effect+/-90%CI; 0.59+/-0.87) and moderate (0.80+/-0.91) increases in NB for PULSE and INT compared to BOLUS and possible small increase (0.42+/-1.00) for INT vs. PULSE. CONCLUSION: We conclude that the pattern of ingested protein, and not only the total daily amount, can impact whole-body protein metabolism. Individuals aiming to maximize NB would likely benefit from repeated ingestion of moderate amounts of protein (~20g) at regular intervals (~3h) throughout the day.

What source of protein did they use? Was it slow or fast?

And what about intakes over 80 grams over six hours?

this is interesting in that it gives us a snapshot look at protein metabolism, but its practical implications are quite limited
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the protein powder market is so competitive that mislabeling and deception are all but inevitable. Most consumers buy on price and taste and dont know enough to be wary. As I said before I buy optimum nutrition. The USP product is probably decent as well
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I get my protein from my own home grown ground chicken thrown in a blender with apple juice....I know exactly what's in it.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I get my protein from my own home grown ground chicken thrown in a blender with apple juice....I know exactly what's in it.
    Srs?
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post

Srs?
    Extreamly

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Had a Rib eye cooked medium, half slab of ribs, taters, and veggies today. That's my kind of protein!.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Taters only cause its my carb up!

Of course I took 2 anabolic pump and 2 Compound 20 with my meal. AP 20-25 minutes prior.
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

This may explain why I noticed a real difference when I dropped protein powders and switched to 100% whole food sources. Sometimes I miss the convenience. Still, I bet the inner circle tub I ordered will last a while, I've fallen in love with chewing my food again.
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

So OP started a thread asking PA what he thought about protein. Now it has devolved into whole food is better. I am surprised PA takes the time to respond. (no disrespect OP)
    "I would be proud to sport that body on the beach, or for a hot date." -Dsade commenting on my pics

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Had a Rib eye cooked medium, half slab of ribs, taters, and veggies today. That's my kind of protein!.

ur gonna get fat

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Of course I took 2 anabolic pump and 2 Compound 20 with my meal. AP 20-25 minutes prior.

yer still gonna get fat
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

ur gonna get fat

yer still gonna get fat
    Seriously lol'd
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Pat, you said you take casein powder. do you prefer that to whey, and if so, why? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    Pat, you said you take casein powder. do you prefer that to whey, and if so, why? just curious.

whey gives me digestive issues

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the protein powder market is so competitive that mislabeling and deception are all but inevitable. Most consumers buy on price and taste and dont know enough to be wary. As I said before I buy optimum nutrition. The USP product is probably decent as well
    I know of a company that wouldn't engage in those practices if they decided to re-release their protein under Prototype.
    EvoMuse
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

No whey Jose?

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I know of a company that wouldn't engage in those practices if they decided to re-release their protein under Prototype.

this is true

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

this is true
    Good. Put me down for multiple tubs.
    EvoMuse
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

are you planning on getting (back) into the protein game, Pat?
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In 4 Orange cream gf pro
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    are you planning on getting (back) into the protein game, Pat?

we plan on making small batches of gf pro to sell on our prototype nutrition site. first flavor orange cream, second vanilla i think
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

we plan on making small batches of gf pro to sell on our prototype nutrition site. first flavor orange cream, second vanilla i think
    No blueberry?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    No blueberry?

blueberry has some fans but it was one of our slowest sellers

What is the timeline?
    EvoMuse
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

coconut! i want coconut flavor but u dont always get what u want
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i also love coconut

What is the timeline?

when we have the funds. i have no idea

when we have the funds. i have no idea
    Prepayment? If you are running limited batches, is that a viable option?
    EvoMuse

Prepayment? If you are running limited batches, is that a viable option?

you are talking to the wrong person. i dont make that decision.

you are talking to the wrong person. i dont make that decision.
    Well I'll get in contact with the right people then because I want some GF-Pro.
    EvoMuse

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPlabs OxyELITE Protein Release Date Announced \\ DON'T MISS OUT
    By borobulker in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 477
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM
  2. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
  3. Label Claims of Protein factory
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
  4. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:41 PM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12